The Music Thread

SteveThaiBinh

I can heard Sgt Pepper's... playing in the lobby.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

A friend of my mom gave her some sort of acoustic Beatles CD and wants me to learn how to play the songs on it or something. The Beatles really bug me though, and I think they are kind of annoying. They have a few songs that I think aren't terrible, but I wouldn't really choose to listen to them. Is there anything specific about them that most people like about them?

Bar Kokhba Sextet - Khebar

I'll bet Enoch and I are replying to this simultaneously.

One specific reason The Beatles get all the love they do is they are one of the few groups whose music developed -- and never regressed.

How many times have wished one of your favorite bands would evolve a bit instead of writing the same album over and over? Well, The Beatles' career arc was a perfect model of evolution. They started as a rowdy bar band playing American R&B covers and ended up writing symphonic opuses and avant garde noise-pop that stretched the limits of musical engineering.

They had already mastered the art of writing great pop songs, and so they started to push the envelope. They were miles ahead of all their peers. Everybody waited for the next Beatles album, to see if they could top themselves. Their album filler was superior to other bands' singles.

On a related note, I watched the Help! movie a few weeks ago. I'd seen it when I was a kid, but man does it hold up well. Rent it when you've got a chance. Great document of a great band. It's a James Bond spoof, with a sense of humor like Python meets the Pink Panther. By all accounts, they were high as hell when they made it -- which explains a lot.

Umm...

The Beatles - The Night Before

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I have the HELP! movie.

I agree.

The Beatles - Help!

Too bad about the song though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It's not that it wasn't stupid, it was just business as usual.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yoko Kanno - Real Folk Blues

I still think that's one of the very best anime ED's ever

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Have you heard the original?

Warren Zevon - Carmelita

Yep, and actually I do like the GNR-version better. :)

Axl's voice is just incomparable.

Really? See, Axl's voice (and delivery) is pretty much just what ruins Guns N Roses for me. But that's just my opinion. I just can't stand that nasal, drink destroyed whine. Of course, let's be glad he has it; as patience shows, he's even worse when he doesn't overdo it.

Iron Maiden - Journeyman

I know what I want, and say what I want, and no one can take it away!

Edited by TrueNeutral

Mahlah

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Turisas - A Portage to the Unknown

church.gifchurch.gifchurch.gif

kirottu said:

Goodshirt - Sophie

the videoclip is rather amusing. some chick sitting there with headphones on singing along to the song while some thieves bust in and clear out her whole flat (furniture, sinks, everything) :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Reel Big Fish- Drunk Again

if i had a dollar bill for everytime i've been wrong

i'd be a selfmade millionaire and you'd still be gone

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Turisas - To Holmgard and Beyond

kirottu said:

Frank Black - Do What You Want.

Frank Black - Bullet