KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas and Suggestions part 23! It's continuing mission is to have a place for the on-going discussions relating to K3. There is a lot of continued interest on this topic and keeping input centralised will have more impact and possible influence than multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :)

While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Courtsey and hospitality to all members enhances the community and makes me smile - spam and trollish behaviour does not. So let's keep the posts on-topic, respectful and constructive in nature. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. :D

Have fun!

Here are the links to the past threads:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Is there anything that hasn't been mentioned in the other 22 segments? I'm running out of ideas

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

From the previous driods segment.....If you think they suck so much then i doubt youve gotten to the point where you can heal T3 and restore your force points and it only takes a few seconds....But droids are usually better than most characters, especially since (in my experience) melee characters attack me and never quite make it long enough for me to need other melee characters

My God, not again

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

T3 is useful when you don't feel like wasting parts or spikes.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well i TSL you could use Boa-Dur for that

But somethimes T3 comes in handy and HK is just pure fun (mostly when you install the pacificst processor)

Then we go to GOTO who is a complete waste of time and money i mean when did anybody use him?

Well i TSL you could use Boa-Dur for that

But somethimes T3 comes in handy and HK is just pure fun (mostly when you install the pacificst processor)

Then we go to GOTO who is a complete waste of time and money i mean when did anybody use him?

NEVER !!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Guest Accept

Money...?

I would never spend money on that... that... that round-metal ball! :)

Droids Rock!!!

In K1 I used T3 for the entire game, it was almost always my character (soldier/guardian), T3 and whoever else I happened to like at the time.

I tried the same in K2 but his combat effectiveness had dropped dramatically between games so I swapped him out for Bao-Dur. Still liked to use him occasionally though - he was often able to provide passable ranged support.

I replayed K1 and brought HK with me onto the Star Forge - he literally saved the game when me and Bastila were both knocked out - he took on 3 dark jedi himself and won!! :)

Playing melee droids does sound like fun - but if you build and use them properly, then the droids can be very helpful.

Regarding healing them - what else do you plan on using all those repair kits for hmmm?

And G0-T0 - fat ball with useless skills - why would you ever want a droid to use stealth...? :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Droids Rock!!!

In K1 I used T3 for the entire game, it was almost always my character (soldier/guardian), T3 and whoever else I happened to like at the time.

I tried the same in K2 but his combat effectiveness had dropped dramatically between games so I swapped him out for Bao-Dur. Still liked to use him occasionally though - he was often able to provide passable ranged support.

I replayed K1 and brought HK with me onto the Star Forge - he literally saved the game when me and Bastila were both knocked out - he took on 3 dark jedi himself and won!! :p

Playing melee droids does sound like fun - but if you build and use them properly, then the droids can be very helpful.

Regarding healing them - what else do you plan on using all those repair kits for hmmm?

And G0-T0 - fat ball with useless skills - why would you ever want a droid to use stealth...? :)

Yes i wasnt even thinking of G0T0...only time he may come in handy is on dxun because he can shut down the alarm (stealth,doesnt set off mines, droid skills) he can also get to the computer and set off the "foothold" project which significantly lessens the enemy resistance....or if the droids and turrets actually kill all the other enemies (rare) he can then shut down the generators....But thats the only time he's usefull.

The other droids however are usefull...and rather fun.

Hk-47 should have the stealth abilities since he is an assassin droid.

Objection: I'm am not a sneak meatbag, I prefer to open fire from a distance to slay my target quickly. Creeping around is for lesser meatbags who cannot stand on their own appendages in a fight.

:p

the thing is - stealth is next to useless in a game like KOTOR - why would you give up that sweet, sweet experience to sneak past the, or go to all the effort of sneaking (using skill points and feats) to get a single stronger hit on them?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Kotor is one of those games where running in swords and guns blazing away while boosted with force powers and stimulants is the best option.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hk-47 should have the stealth abilities since he is an assassin droid.

Objection: I'm am not a sneak meatbag, I prefer to open fire from a distance to slay my target quickly. Creeping around is for lesser meatbags who cannot stand on their own appendages in a fight.

:)

the thing is - stealth is next to useless in a game like KOTOR - why would you give up that sweet, sweet experience to sneak past the, or go to all the effort of sneaking (using skill points and feats) to get a single stronger hit on them?

Pair it with flurry or rapid fire and it can be quite effective....besides which is more fun?Letting an enemy see you come up....or sneaking behind them and showing them thier failure before you kill them?

One thing I hope there's less of, is playing party members other than your own character for long stretches of time. This droid conversation made me think of the times I had to play droids and other party members too often in Kotor II. I invested the time in my character, making her a good jedi. That's who I want to play.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The dust collectors on the Ebon Hawk were kinda irritating too. It wasn't bad with about 4 or 5 members (including PC) but 10 was too much

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

From the previous driods segment.....If you think they suck so much then i doubt youve gotten to the point where you can heal T3 and restore your force points and it only takes a few seconds....But droids are usually better than most characters, especially since (in my experience) melee characters attack me and never quite make it long enough for me to need other melee characters

I would call them useless, who needs to regen forcepoints from a droid when I have 400 odd points and when I use even the opposite sides moves, it doesnt even make a difference.

I would personally prefer training my party members to become Jedi, by having them in my party rather then a ranged droid.

Money...?

I would never spend money on that... that... that round-metal ball! :*

I kept my G0-T0 on the ship all the time. Never used that giant eight ball. Between the lectures and the constant harassment, I just left him alone. He wasted space, too.

I think the game should have more planets or storylines that require only certain characters, like on Kashyyk in KotOR I, you had to bring along Zaalbar, with no options. I like that because the more planets that are like that, the more character developments you have, and with a game as open-ended as KotOR, it is very hard to do EVERYTHING the game offers.

Guest Accept
I kept my G0-T0 on the ship all the time. Never used that giant eight ball. Between the lectures and the constant harassment, I just left him alone. He wasted space, too.

So did I.

I just hated everything about him... And that voice he had... *shivers* :ermm:

So did I.

I just hated everything about him... And that voice he had... *shivers* :ermm:

What was his purpose, anyway? Was there a plot? A secret little subplot just for G0-T0 that I didn't know about? Bah. It's not like I cared about him anyway.

Guest Accept
What was his purpose, anyway? Was there a plot? A secret little subplot just for G0-T0 that I didn't know about? Bah. It's not like I cared about him anyway.

His purpose probably was that you would get so mad at him that you would just keep on playing - hoping that you'll get a chance to kill him. Destrooooooy him...

Edited by Accept

I just want Coruscant. I want to see those pretty forty thousand or however many fountain things they have in those halls.

As a backdrop or to actually be able to walk through them and count them all?

DAWUSS