This thread is reserved for the Fallout 3 teaser...

Yeah, I guess. In any case I won't getting it.

But if it was a good game and you agreed with the direction they took it, and it was a major milestone in CRPG's, wouldn't you consider supporting them?

This is Bethesda. What are the chances of that happening? Next to nil I say. I just have to accept that the gaming industry has changed and there will no longer be any games that I consider fun released any more. Time to retire the keyboard and mouse, Blank.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

But if it was a good game and you agreed with the direction they took it, and it was a major milestone in CRPG's, wouldn't you consider supporting them?

This is Bethesda. What are the chances of that happening? Next to nil I say. I just have to accept that the gaming industry has changed and there will no longer be any games that I consider fun released any more. Time to retire the keyboard and mouse, Blank.

Can you do it before the next page starts?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess it's a slim chance, and I guess you are making somewhat of a point by saying you will not buy the game, but in my eyes it's a needless ultimatum. Wouldn't it be nice to buy the game and play it and then rip on it after you know how much it sucks and can give examples as to why?

I wish the content of Sand's posts would change over time even half as much as he says the industry has changed. But wait, this is Sand. What are the chances of that happening? Next to nil I -

;)

Sand, you know curiosity if not hope will get the better of you. You'll rant about all the ways in which Bethesda are failing during production, and also be skeptical of anything they say right, then eventually you'll play it, and well, not sure what your ultimate verdict would be, since this is a game we know nothing about. But hey, we're all doing a little of that ourselves, I guess.

On the trailer, the guy with the armour - does that resemble anything in previous games? It looked pretty different from your standard power armour, but maybe it's just power armour that Bethesda re-drew, or something like that.

Also the focus on an urban atmosphere is probably confirmed by now. I don't mind at all, could be interesting, especially if they look at the more sophisticated developments of postapocalyptic, second-stage civilisations (past the immediate impact generations).

Edited by Tigranes

Sand, you know curiosity if not hope will get the better of you. You'll rant about all the ways in which Bethesda are failing during production, and also be skeptical of anything they say right, then eventually you'll play it, and well, not sure what your ultimate verdict would be, since this is a game we know nothing about. But hey, we're all doing a little of that ourselves, I guess.

Nope, this is the end. Until I can find a way to find FPS games and action oriented titles fun, as well as play them on a competent level (NO MORE WEREWOLVES! NO MORE EVAR!) I am just going to stop even bother playing on the PC. Maybe I should get a cheap PS2 and bone up on my reflexes.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

*sigh* of sand the doomsayer.... Give it a rest huh, the world is NOT going to bend because of your single minded will.

That is exactly what I plan on doing. Giving the PC a rest and just not play these games any more.

Edited by Sand

Go away, already!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But... I can still use my PC to surf the web. :p

Okay, no more negativity about Fallout 3. Right!

*ahem*What that teaser did show was very fallouty.

I am done complaining. Complaining does nothing to solve the problem and just annoys people way to much. No more complaining. I have to really stop complaining.

Llyranor, I really like your banner sig. Funny, yet disturbing. Its very you! :p

Edited by Sand

Funnily enough, that the exact same thing that crossed my mind.

I have yet to see the trailer, but I will, once I get home.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

makes me think of the futurama episode when fry and bender get sent to the robot asylum. one of the robots, a president lincoln, had 200 personalities. all of them, unfortunately, were president lincoln. "i was born in 200 log cabins!" :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I am done complaining. Complaining does nothing to solve the problem and just annoys people way to much. No more complaining. I have to really stop complaining.

Llyranor, I really like your banner sig. Funny, yet disturbing. Its very you! :thumbsup:

Llyranor is a 4chan joke?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

lol /b/tards lol

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

4CHAN AAAAAARGHHH

Sorry.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

4CHAN AAAAAARGHHH

Sorry.

No need for sorry, that is only natural

I wonder if Fallout's world still have condoms of that size... :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, I wasn't impressed by the teaser and its lack of any actual gameplay.

Just designed to try and say, "Hey! Look we are making cutscenes that use 50s music and have the same tone and feel of previous Fallouts! We wont mess F3 up honest!"

Not that I feel Bethesda is going to ruin the Fallout universe, that already happened with the console FO Brotherhood game. Seriously, they would have to try pretty hard to make Fallout 3 a worse experience. Even if Fallout 3 does manage to stink to high heaven, I'm hoping it will offer the same modding capability that Oblivion offers so fans will be able to correct issues, possibly even remake the first Fallouts.

Either way I'm not going to get excited about some cgi cutscene, especially not one that actually looks worse (in style) than the original games' openning cutscenes.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat