Pictures of your games

Darque

Messing with mods, here is my latest creation, an elven monk.

post-17979-1180069409_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1180069444_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1180069468_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

She looks like utter crap in that start screen.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's a PS2 port man

1) It's being released simultaneously for the PC and PS2. Simultaneous releases aren't ports.

2) She looked better in Legend... on the PC.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

1) Timing means nothing when it comes to ports, for instance the Madden series is simultaneously ported over to nearly every platform upon release. As for tomb raider, the graphics for PC don't show any improvements (aside from higher monitor resolution) over the PS2 version, which makes it very "portish" if not a freaken port.

2) That she did

Some of those scenes aren't in the original. (I didn't think this was due out yet.)

What's it play like, Bok? Is it the same engine as Legend, or a newer, updated, more demanding one?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Was the animation up to the textual description? :wub:

Meta it's the demo, try it out, you can download it here

http://www.gamershell.com/download_19299.shtml

it's only a measly 250mb

Cheers, Bok. But what framerate do you get? (And how does that compare to Legend?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Freaky party:

coc1sp8.th.gif

Trying my luck as an arterial decorator:

coc2uf8.th.gif

You can tell someone hasn't cleaned the place up:

coc3sf3.th.gif

What a beautiful night. Too bad about the respawning armie of rednecks with rifles:

coc4se9.th.gif

Trick or tre--uh nevermind, I'll be going now...:

coc5zt2.th.gif

Shhhh! Be vewy, vewy Quiet. I'm stabbing wascally tainted ones:

coc6cp2.th.gif

I bet he's going to regret making jokes about gutting people like a fish:

coc7bm4.th.gif

I'a Dagon!:

coc8wx6.th.gif

How come the fugly ones always have the best sense of decoration?:

coc9tp5.th.gif

Mom and Dad, this is Hydra. Hydra, this is my Mom and Dad. Now show'em them *******:

coc10fe2.th.gif

Was the animation up to the textual description? :x

Meta it's the demo, try it out, you can download it here

http://www.gamershell.com/download_19299.shtml

it's only a measly 250mb

Cheers, Bok. But what framerate do you get? (And how does that compare to Legend?)

I was maxing out at 400 fps but averaging around 200. I renamed the .exe to the same as Tomb Raider Legend, and that activated SLI. That's whats annoying about SLI, new games that don't have SLI profiles built into the drivers, require these tricks.

Try nHancer, it's far better than nVidia's control panel, and it supports SLI.

Edit: and why not crank up your FSAA a bit? Those screen shots are jaggy heaven. I'd expect better from such a powerful GPU.

Edit2: okay they aren't THAT bad. I'm not sold on the 8800 series version of FSAA though. I seem to get better results with Multisample + Supersample on a 7950GT, though at a big performance hit. Here's hoping in the future we can play at 65536x49152 resolution, with no more jaggies or need for FSAA tricks.

Edited by Wistrik

Thanks for that screenshot; it looks much better. I'm using a 24 inch screen at native resolution (1920x1200) so I can see the difference in various levels of FSAA and Anisotropy. I can still see slight jaggies in your screenshot, but it's better than the previous shots. It could also be a product of your lower resolution, and/or compression for upload.

Here's one from Dreamfall, which I've been playing at 8x Combined (Multi + Super). I can't play at 16x Combined because I'm at too high a resolution for the card (a supersample texture size limit). The JPG compression is set to 6 to get the file under 1Mb for upload.

There are still some jaggies, but it's infinitely better than if I run the game at it's own 4x FSAA, or nVidia's default version of 8x.

Edited by Wistrik

You know I just had a odd thought. If all the jaggies get miffed about being eliminated, if they all joined forces against us would they have a...

Jaggies Alliance?

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Never did figure out how to beat that Shoggoth. Guess I missed something.

It's a long process since it's a multitiered boss. I'd recommend a guide if you're not keen on trying dozens of things until you get it right, like I did. Basically it involves distracting it so you can shock it out of the water, then escape its attacks in a manner similar to escaping the Gilman hotel, escaping some more then being forced to get back and kill it using gas leaks to blow it up. It's an interesting sequence but can get enerving.