NWN2 1.06 Beta

By your definition the original SiN was playable unpatched. Or PoR2. Or Fallout2.

Your point?

*Sigh*

I dunno I don't wanna get much further into it, perhaps it's the fact that I spend alot of time actually writing code and working with REAL broken software, you know the sort that really does crash every five minutes or has horrible bugs.

I look at NWN2 and I see some poor performance issues, ruleset issues, perhaps the occasional graphical corruption.

I do not see a broken game. I have never actually bought a game that's been released that is totally broken for every single person who's bought it.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

yeah, i've heard the biggest problems are in the toolset. those definitely fall into the category of bugs that should be fixed. however, even with such bugs that are apparent in every system, regardless of mitigating factors, diagnosis can be difficult.

I really feel for the designers, it must have been sheer hell to try and work with the toolset in the state it was before release. Unless the corruption issues came with one of the patches.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

OK, this thread I thought was about the new 1.06 beta patch, instead I wasted my time reading one poster who thinks the game is broken whereas every other poster disagrees with him. Jeez, what a waste of time. :down:

btw, has anyone worked with software before. My last company we developed a claims management piece of software for insurance companies, and we celebrated when the 1,000 bug was fixed, Who Hoo! That was about two years ago, I bet they're up to two thousand right now. And my new company has so many bugs within their databases, website, and reporting that I have proposed a 2 year plan to get everything fixed! I just laugh (or cry in frustration) when people think it's so easy to release games in bug free states. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not everyone has the number of developers Blizzard has to work on games, nor the 5 year time lines they get to make sure a game is bug tested for a year before release..

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I have a friend who used to do QA for Avalanche and "Just Cause" had approximately 14 000 bugs reported, whereof they managed to fix about half :down:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

yeah, i've heard the biggest problems are in the toolset. those definitely fall into the category of bugs that should be fixed. however, even with such bugs that are apparent in every system, regardless of mitigating factors, diagnosis can be difficult.

I really feel for the designers, it must have been sheer hell to try and work with the toolset in the state it was before release. Unless the corruption issues came with one of the patches.

They used a versioning system (yucky SourceSafe, at least it was during NWN2 dev), you should use one too.

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

I've gone too far, can't back out now.

Lol, you seem to have Sanded yourself into a corner. ;)

HEY! I resemble that remark! :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Is it just me or was the battle with the

red dragon

a bit too easy?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

It's always been pretty easy if you got the buffs and heal times right. If you had the wrong equipment, or party, or char builds though it could sometimes get quite difficult.

I had Elanee, Neeshka, Khelgar, and Qara.

In the first round round Qara casted Flesh to Stone and well, thats all she wrote.

On the

dragon

, silly.

The most satisfying is when you lower saves/resistance on Firkraag or the Black Dragon in BG2 enough while staying alive, then Finger-of-Death it.

Not sure if it'd work on NWN2's red dragon, since I don't keep up that much with rules and number crunchings nowadays. Or does FoD have a HD limitn ow?

I don't remember but Flesh to Stone worked great. After that the rest of my characters just beat the hell out of it.