My exercise regime

Walsingham

Just wanted to report that my dieting and exercise appears to be paying off. This time five years ago I could barely climb stairs my knees were so bad, but physio and determination now see me able to run for 30 minutes, and sprint to a finish! Huzzah!

EDIT: You could say I'm improving by leaps and bounds. ....Aaaah how I laughed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Awesome! Have a box of chocolates.

Only if you bring them over here. My calves are all cramped. :shifty:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good job~ :p

How better are your pants fitting? Thats the true measure of hpw much weight you're losing. :p

No kidding. That was one of my biggest motivating factors to lose some weight... I only had two pairs of pants I could wear to work without being uncomfortable.

Kudos to you, Wals!

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Guest Accept
Hehe, I had to do a 7km run today, and I sucked!

Well, I kinda deserved the pain after not doing any excercise for about 2 weeks.

And i who tought German-troops could run to the front and back without a sweet... :p

No, just kidding. Running is good, keep it up. :p

-----

It's nice to hear, Walsingham. :) It certianly makes training easier if you actually see some results, then you'll get much more motivated. Keep it up. :p

Thats pretty cool. I'm probably going to run tonight. I started jogging last week 2 miles 2 nights a week, most I've ever done was 4 miles but that was a long time ago, I haven't done serious consistent cardio for about 2 -3 years. I've been focusing much more on lifting but now I'm just getting too big and I don't want that, just want to get lean and stuff. I've also been thinking of going into some boxing or muay thai since thats insane cardio and not to mention you get to learn to knee peoples faces in.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

This thread just reminds me of how far back I am in my exercises. arghhh

I keep getting bigger and bigger for my trousers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Exercise isn't really work. I mean 40 minutes to an hour tops for lifting 3 days a week, and like one or two nights of light running, about like half an hour. Not really that hard.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Exercise feels too much like work to me, and I don't work unless i'm paid for it.

Neil Armstrong (amongst others) believed that humans have a finite number of heart beats. Get healthy and make them last longer, or clock out early with an express cardiac arrest. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

have a close friend (is a famous person and you would ooh and ahh if we name dropped) that insists that he works out almost daily. his workouts consist of the following: whenever the notion of excercising pops into his head, he rolls over on couch until the notion goes away.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Don't forget about the endorphin pay-back from exertion, too, as well as the contribution that regular and adequate rest, exercise and nutritious food makes to physical and mental health. ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hah! I must say it's very kind of you all to give me support. But I'm not trying to lose weight per se. I'm afraid the body beautiful just ain't the one I was issued with! ;) I'm trying to get fit so I can feel better, and if all goes well sign myself up for the reserves (being too ancient for the regulars any more).

It's all off in the distant future, tho. I'm still pretty pathetic as it goes. But just good by my past standards.

-Elwood Blues

Exercise feels too much like work to me, and I don't work unless i'm paid for it.

Neil Armstrong (amongst others) believed that humans have a finite number of heart beats. Get healthy and make them last longer, or clock out early with an express cardiac arrest. ;)

Acually all mamals, from elephants to sea turtles that live 200 years, have the approximately the same finite numer of heatbeats. I suppose it is true that a fit person has a lower resting pulse than an out of shape person. but things like diabetes and obesity and lifestyle choices like smoking pose a far greater rist for a slob like me.

On the other hand, who wants to live to be old enough waste away in a nursing home with nothing to look forward to but dementia and incontinence.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Neil Armstrong (amongst others) believed that humans have a finite number of heart beats. Get healthy and make them last longer, or clock out early with an express cardiac arrest. :thumbsup:

Acually all mamals, from elephants to sea turtles that live 200 years, have the approximately the same finite numer of heatbeats. I suppose it is true that a fit person has a lower resting pulse than an out of shape person. but things like diabetes and obesity and lifestyle choices like smoking pose a far greater rist for a slob like me.

On the other hand, who wants to live to be old enough waste away in a nursing home with nothing to look forward to but dementia and incontinence.

...When one could inflict the dementia and incontinence on one's least favourite relatives? I wholeheartedly agree.

-Elwood Blues

Sounds like good news, Walsh. Must feel good to achieve goals like that.

Lately I do enough exercises to keep the muscles that help support the spine limber, but my cardio capabilities the past year has gone into the toilet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I run two miles (three kilometers) every second day. I've never been much of a runner though. I have a much easier time adding muscle mass than improving my cardio. I've been thinking about setting up a goal though (something easy.. like the Stockholm Marathon..) so I'll start taking my running seriously. Last summer I used to run 10 kilometers at a time, but it always made my knees hurt. Maybe I need new shoes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

have a close friend (is a famous person and you would ooh and ahh if we name dropped) that insists that he works out almost daily. his workouts consist of the following: whenever the notion of excercising pops into his head, he rolls over on couch until the notion goes away.

ZOMG j00 kn0 John Candy?!11!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I run two miles (three kilometers) every second day. I've never been much of a runner though. I have a much easier time adding muscle mass than improving my cardio. I've been thinking about setting up a goal though (something easy.. like the Stockholm Marathon..) so I'll start taking my running seriously. Last summer I used to run 10 kilometers at a time, but it always made my knees hurt. Maybe I need new shoes.

Speaking as a man whose knees used to feel 'kinda funny' before I broke them semi-permanently I would encourage you to take hurting knees very seriously indeed. Go see a good physio therapist and have them look at your gait when running, and also your foot/thigh alignment. New shoes may also be in order.

And good luck!

-Elwood Blues

Definitely get some good shoes. Also be careful on the surface upon which you run; I had horrendous pain (not immediately afterwards, sometimes as much as a day later) where my knees felt like someone was uses a melon scoop to scrape out the inside of my patellas ... :) (I was running on concrete; changing to grass and more IT band stretching to ensure contractions in the quadriceps due to lack of hydration or post stress recovery didn't pull on the IT band and cause the above-mentioned pain.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT