Obsidianites unite!

Blank

I used a filter and looked through each area and found Obsidianites as the server name. The password is "obsidz" without caps. I'm going through the first part of the tutorial extremely slow.

thanks now i see it but strangely i have version failure :down:

the auto updater also doesnt work right now, and whhat did you do to get that version? maybe ihave the recent one and you guys didnt update? :/

Your game version is: 1.04.870 English

Pinging: nwn2patch.obsidianent.com

Retrieving autopatcher version information

Connecting...nwn2patch.obsidianent.com

A rendszer nem tal

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=46763

Try using the manual link here to go to 1.05, then run the autoupdater again for a small upgrade within 1.05.

Okay, I see that Blank was in there. We'll get this worked out soon enough I'm sure. Unfortunately, I need to figure out how I can approach this. I shut down the server because it didn't look like anyone was there. Blank, if you were still in there, I'm sorry.

This is just a beginning, so don't get discouraged. Right now, we know that we can create a server, for sure, and that others can join. Now we just need to set up a time. Also, when the time comes, some months hence, you guys can help me playtest my new module.

Get xfire and let me know if you're still interested.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, we might as well set up a good time for everybody to come in at the same time - probably sometime this weekend, though I can do weekdays. By then, somebody can try and find a good module for us to jump into - probably a fair bit of hack and slash, though roleplaying can work too. There aren't that many good modules out for NWN2 right now anyway, so the campaign may do. But the point is to get it organised so everyone can come at the same time and just start playin'.

*goes to his lecture*

I was just screwing around in there. Don't worry about it. I got xfire and my username is "blanquedor", which means bleacher or blancher in Spanish. Oh yeah, I'm cool.

I used to have Xfire but it sucked so I forgot about it. I ought to be able to re-install it and use my old mkreku login though. I'll try that tonight after work.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why was Blank inviting me to a chatroom he wasn't even in?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know, but let me know if there's a good module you'd like to try. Do a poll or read tea leaves or sift through entrails, but let me know more specifics.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Why was Blank inviting me to a chatroom he wasn't even in?

I think I started something, but I then joined Jorian's room with Hurlshot. We had a good talk about random stuff, then about the state of H-u.n g-a.r-y after Hurly left (he has a cool voice by the way).

Edited by Blank

I was in a crappy lecture where we watched freaking national TV. :yucky:

I was probably watching the game. Along with everyone else in Vancouver.

Roommate got a call from a Telemarketer and was like "WATCHING THE GAME. PUT ME ON DO NOT CALL LIST"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No, xfire has superior voice chat. I don't know how it will do with more people, though.

Obsidian Plays

To be fair, that's what he sounds like regularly.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Bite me. All of you. As for you, Tigranes, you sound like you're from Australia. That's worse than a walkie-talkie any day. :D

Obsidian Plays

Okay, I'm going to keep the server running. What I want to know is:

1) if I use the DM client, will I be the Dungeon Master? I want to be able to run the server even when I'm not actually present. That means you guys running characters while I'm in the role of the DM standing in the start area.

2) Can folks move around and have fun independent of one another? The single player campaign requires a single party, so you guys will have to choose a different module if you want separate parties.

3) What module should I use? If you have a module suggestion, let me know.

4) Are DnD hardcore rules okay for everyone?

and

5) Who all will be joining? If I can get it set up and get it to run without having to run a character, I'll just let the server run whatever module you guys want to use. For the time being, I will disable PvP. The Server name is ObsidianitesUnite. The password is obsidz. Please report back to me. I'm heading to bed, but I'll check in again in the morning.

Obsidian Plays

1) No idea

2)No idea

3)No idea

4)Whats hardcore rules?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I confirm that I will be playing as long as you don't start at like 4am my time. I tend to be flexible, though.

1) I have no idea, Cant, I should be online quite a bit in the next 48 hours, so bop me on xfire sometime and I guess we can try that out? i.e. see if I can go through area changes and progress in critical dialogue.

2 / 3) I am not averse to having a different module, but I rather suspect we can't find a good one. A poorly made, unbalanced module would be a horrible experience (though we might get some laughs). Hell, in nwvault's 5-10 players Multiplayer mod category there are THREE modules, and uh, "no level restriction and here is the mod so u can join my..." I think we're safer off with the campaign unless somebody else finds something good. We can handle the campaign.

4) DnD Hardcore Rules are third on the NWN2 slider, it just means all 'standard' rules - i.e. friendly fire, there is no artificial changes to mosnter damage or hit points or whatever, and so forth. Sounds fine to me.

Yeah, we probably won't see many good MP mods until this summer, so I guess we are stuck with the campaign for now. Hardcore rules are good, although permadeath would really make it interesting >_<

Of course if we are just looking for a sandbox to kick around in, we can probably find a decent empty mod and rely on someone DMing to provide encounters. We would probably need to outfit characters and import them in, though.

Since I'm done with Xenosaga, I'm much more free in my playtime.

Though, not on Wednesdays.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."