Real Breaking News: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Sand

"PC has resources for it."

So do consoles.

New gen = yes

Old gen = no

Such thing as Bao-Dur not being able to wear robes in K2 were because of memory limits of Xbox

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

"Old gen = no"

Yes, they did. Consoles have had room for 'freedom of movement' for a rather long time. It's a design choice pure, and simple plus market focused.

"Such thing as Bao-Dur not being able to wear robes in K2 were because of memory limits of Xbox"

Games on old consoles have had robe wearing characters.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If NWN2 and expansion went console it wouldn't bother me to much as long as they don't skimp the PC version. It worked for Oblivion well enough, and I can see NWN2 make good use of the X Box 360's capabilities.

Bao-Dur had other things for him in his design that probably would exceed the limitations of the X Box.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"Old gen = no"

"Such thing as Bao-Dur not being able to wear robes in K2 were because of memory limits of Xbox"

Games on old consoles have had robe wearing characters.

No wai! :)

Seriously though: Of course they have had. Text based games had characters wearing robes, geez.

However, fact Bao couldn't use robes was related to his hand and memory limits of Xbox.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Hopefully we'll have more say over who's allowed into the party. My decision to purchase a copy of the expansion will be largely based on this issue.

Removing forced party members would be a big bonus. Even if they don't make that change, I will still get the expansion.

Nope. I am not the patch guy. Nathaniel's the guy.

Opps. I need to hang out at the Bioware boards more often. :huh:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It is where Minsc and Boo are from.

I knew I'd heard it somewhere. :lol:

Boo cameo! :yucky:

Someone correct me if I recall incorrectly, but I believe since Boo and all the other NPCs were created by Toxicware only they can use them under the D&D license. I thought I read something along those lines a while back from a Toxicware dev. I may be mistaken however.

That aside I feel OEI has shown in nwn2 they can make VERY interesting and entertaining NPCs, no need to dredge up old NPCs. I'd prefer to deal with the unknown rather then get a XP1 that consists of recycled ideas. Perhaps that just me.

Like Sand I am not huge on epic levels but I understand why, from a meatball counters POV, why they need to throw them in. Aside from that in general everything mentioned piques my interest. I certainly look forward to more details. :)

BTW we have a NWN2 XP1 interview in the works, if you'd like to submit a question post here:

http://www.nwn2worlds.net/MessageForum/tab...efault.aspx#244

:)

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"Toxicware"

Bitter much? L0L!

As for the rights to the characters, I think it might be Atari who does though your scenario is posisble. It coudl also clear up the why there hasn't been a BG3 yet as BIO probably keeps telling Atari no (if what you say is fact). Heh.

I do agree that obsidian shoudl stick with their own npcs or at minimum, NWN1 npcs. No need to drga npcs from otehr games espicially one of BIO's most overrated ones. R00fles!

Lets see V... Georg their employee stalks me to flame/harass me, after 12+ months of on and off snide comments I tell the guy off and then I get banned. Yes, I'd say I have a right to at the very least call them Toxicware. Considering thats the atmosphere they run their forums its fitting IMO.

As long as you kiss their arse or get into bed with them (DLA) or/and do not speak ill of their products you can get away with a fair amount for the most part. You don't, like myself, and the rules do happen to apply strictly no matter the circumstances.

That aside, yes I certainly agree NEW content should be first and foremost. If you think about it really whats left to do with the NPCs being talked about? Rehash the same old quotes and cliches? Sure it's cute for the first 15 mins but the entire game? I don't think so.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"and do not speak ill of their products you can get away with a fair amount for the most part."

Please. people criticze BIO products ALL THE TIME on their forums without being banned or riprimanded.

Anyways, the main issue, I agree with. People should let go of their beloved characters. Minsc was rel;evant 7 years ago.

I can understand NWN1/NWN2 characters or core FR characters (ie. Tszam - likely spelled it wrong heh -, forgot how)might make a cameo or at least be mentioned since Thay is his turf); but otherwise it should be Obsidian created characetrs either leftbovers from the OC or new ones for the expansion.

We agree on that. :yucky:

I absolutely love NWN2, and I like Epic Rules as well, so this is great news for me! I'm very pleased. :)

Now you can be a munchkin! Yea!

Exactomundo! Nothing wrong with munchkins!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

At least nothing that a gold brick in the cranium couldn't fix. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Then don't buy it.

An expansion pack MORE focused than the original game? Sounds like its going to be complete crap.

I too am afraid it being to restricted and narrow. However, it's not certain.

Besides, more focused can be good thing too. Acts II and III were much better than Act I. It's storytelling and other aspects were more focused, for instance battles were harder and better designed etc. Act I was fumbling

I liked Act 1. Then again I like Act 2 and 3. Act 4... I am reserving judgement, but Act 5 will ROCK! :)

Act I was fine, but later ones were better.

I thought Act 1 was the best and Act 3 was the worst. Most of Act 3 was on par with Act 2, but I hated the end sequence (ie everything that comes after defending the keep)and felt it was the weakest part of the game.

My preference for Act 1 has to do with the sense of discovery it had. The other acts pushed the story elements at you, in Act 1 you got to try and find things out for yourself.

The trial, however, was excellent and definitely the best part of Act 2 (and maybe even the game).

Yeah, I too enjoyed some sort of "low level" and exploration feeling. But worst times of game happened during Act I too (orc caves and warehouse as examples)

Edited by Xard