Neverwinter Nights 2 Contest

we got some short stories that is based on characters/stories from Grimm & Russian fairytales set in contemp settings. charles delint, neil gaiman and johnathan carroll's modern fairytales rely heavily on stuff that has been written by the Grimms. is rich fodder. however, as we got no interest in modding...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"I know you are full of great ideas. "

Everyone is full of greta ideas. Great ideas are the easy part. Implementing them, and finishing the mod/game is the challenging part.

I've alreayd made a lot of 'cool' games in my head. i've even gotten deep into them. have I yet to finish any? Nope.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm surprised when I hear people say they're not familiar with the Brother's Grimm. I mean Snow White, Cinderella, The Three Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Repunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Sleeping Beauty - I can't imagine childhood without these tales.

Very, VERY true.

IB1OsQq.png

Everyone is full of greta ideas. Great ideas are the easy part. Implementing them, and finishing the mod/game is the challenging part.

I've alreayd made a lot of 'cool' games in my head. i've even gotten deep into them. have I yet to finish any? Nope.

"A bad idea done well is better than a great idea never done."

Who said that?

Anyways, I figured out what my mod is going to be. Tomorrow I'll write a design doc (note to self, figure out what design doc is and how to write one) and we'll see if anything comes of it.

I trust myself not.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Very true. I find myself thinking of a cool idea, starting, then never finishing.

Heres some shots of the starting town for my elven revenge mod. The basis for it was that centuries ago the Elves of my world were a slave race to a vast human empire. When the standard fantasy world planetwide disaster happened the empire was in ruins and the elves rebelled and escaped to form their own nation and plot revenge. Now its like a thousand years later, most of the humans have completely forgotten about that era, yet a good number of elves still live from that era and have been plotting vengeance for centuries.

post-296-1176465658_thumb.jpgpost-296-1176465666_thumb.jpgpost-296-1176465674_thumb.jpgpost-296-1176465681_thumb.jpg

post-296-1176465688_thumb.jpgpost-296-1176465694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Who said that?

Closest I can get is Benjamin Franklin: "Well done is better than well said."

Now its like a thousand years later, most of the humans have completely forgotten about that era, yet a good number of elves still live from that era and have been plotting vengeance for centuries.

I thought elves were goodies?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Who said that?

Now its like a thousand years later, most of the humans have completely forgotten about that era, yet a good number of elves still live from that era and have been plotting vengeance for centuries.

In my world everything is all turned upside down. Dwarves are a seafaring race, Elves violent and vengeful, "drow" (though they're really just elves with a skin pigment problem brought on by magical corruption) tend to favor the arts and most of the worlds great plays, epics, and famout bards come from Darkling(my world's name for them) stock. Halflings are crazy mechanics, Goblins aren't evil (just disfigured to the point that people just assume they are)

Devastatorsig.jpg

Who said that?

In my world everything is all turned upside down. Dwarves are a seafaring race, Elves violent and vengeful, "drow" (though they're really just elves with a skin pigment problem brought on by magical corruption) tend to favor the arts and most of the worlds great plays, epics, and famout bards come from Darkling(my world's name for them) stock. Halflings are crazy mechanics, Goblins aren't evil (just disfigured to the point that people just assume they are)

But all your gnomes are lucid, right?

Right?

Right?

No gnomes.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Right?

No gnomes.

What about... Spriggans?

Right?

No gnomes.

What about... Spriggans?

Orc stonemasons?

Pixie healers?

Ogre monks?

Half-Dragons/Dragonborn (Draconians) as a major new race?

And a half-elven citystate trying to survive all the disasters that are going to happen? (creating a new nation for half-elves/Feyborn race with time going by)

Maybe something similar to greek city states like Athen or Sparta, or a Rome what is just starting to grow. :ermm:

PS: yeah its your campaign i just give ideas :p

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Orc stonemasons?

Pixie healers?

Ogre monks?

Half-Dragons/Dragonborn (Draconians) as a major new race?

And a half-elven citystate trying to survive all the disasters that are going to happen? (creating a new nation for half-elves/Feyborn race with time going by)

Maybe something similar to greek city states like Athen or Sparta, or a Rome what is just starting to grow. :ermm:

PS: yeah its your campaign i just give ideas :p

Theres a city state founded by goblins that is open to all outcasts. Currently inhabited by mostly by Goblins, Ogres, and Giants, with the odd Orc or half-breed. Generally Half Elves are shunned in Elven society, but are accepted in Human though. No pixies or half dragons. Orcs are in general your standard orcs, but due to their high agression levels they're never in a position to be a serious threat to anyone but small groups of travellers. They can't work together for very long before they turn on each other. So you never see many groups larger than 10-20, and those groups don't stay together very long. Imagine Klingons without the sense of honor.

Most of the dark side of the world is made up of City states. Though there are some budding nations.

To elaborate on the Dark Side of the world, the major cataclysmic event screwed up the planets rotation, causing one side to always be in the sun, while the other is always in the shade. Druids managed to adapt the majority of darkside plants to use moonlight rather than sunlight. The event was cause by a mage, and now magic is strictly policed.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Even goodlings fall down the dark path of wrongful vengeance.

Elves have a long memory for revenge. They have their long lives and patience and can take revenge many years after they were wronged.

Which is the basis of my backstory. The humans don't expect it because they don't even remember opressing the elves. They've just always been a nuisance raiding their north borders and such.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If the other side of the world is in constant sunlight, is it all an arid wasteland?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nocturnal plant life remember?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

If the other side of the world is in constant sunlight, is it all an arid wasteland?

About half of it, yes. The center part, the north and south tend to be more temperate though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nocturnal plant life remember?

Unless they use chemosynthesis, or some photosynthesis-substitute, they ain't going to live long.

People don't tend to be able to disgest chemosynthic plants for a long time. I think there's too much nitrites there or something akin.

Magic is a more probable option. Always stick with magic. :rolleyes:

Oerwinde, while your premise doesn't sound that interesting, because it feels a bit like that Void-trilogy with the ram-riding dwarves and agoraphopic elves(striving too much to be different) Weis and Hickman did yon year ago, I do think that half-desert half-night world has something decidedly darksunian and even Moorcockian in it. That books good with me.

Are you going to set this in some particular location, like those temperate areas you talked about, or spread the adventure to see more of your world? I'd dig a bazaar-like feel of a nether city between an alien wasteland a nocturnal paradise. Could be like a trade region between the two wastly different zones. Unless you won't give the desert area any life. Of course, almost nothing could strive there, not to mention survive, in reality, but going with only half of the playground feels like slacking on potential.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Humans would die without the aid of some of the 400 as yet unclassified microbes in our guts that (among other things) help break down nutrients in plant and animal tissues, and release chemicals like nitrogen.

What was the question?

Oh, yeah. It's entirely possible that there is an ecosystem built around the chemosynthetic organisms, such like the single-celled amino-loaded food eaten by the residents of Zion in the Matrix. /nerd

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"/nerd"

Yea.

kirottu said: