Neverwinter Nights 2 Contest

I remember when NWN 2, there was a long thread in which many of us cracked open the toolset and got to modding.

Does anyone here still mod? Will anyone be entering the contest?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I remember when NWN 2, there was a long thread in which many of us cracked open the toolset and got to modding.

Does anyone here still mod? Will anyone be entering the contest?

i am working on a mod but no more contests for me ;)

IB1OsQq.png

I still fiddle with the toolset when I can, but I have quite a lot of rl committments at hte moment. Besides, with my skill level it'll most likely stay at fiddlish.

What happened to Volo's mods?

I've got a village I've been working on that can serve, just need to populate it and such... I might dabble and see what I can do.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have a module trilogy planned (you could say in early pre-production) but I've put the actual development on ice until the first NWN2 expansion comes out.

As I haven't got any NWN modding experience some aspects of the Toolset simply proved too unwieldy for me (as I had detailed here) but I'm hoping that Obsidian will make it more accessible with patches and expansions. Furthermore, since I've recently gotten into Pen 'n' Paper D&D gaming, I might actually turn the ideas I had for the modules into a PnP campaign before publishing them in electronic form.

Man, I'd really like to see a fresh take into Grimm's faery tales. I think this is a great concept.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to devote to the module contest these days, and even if I did, I'd have to actually sit down and learn the toolset and then familiarize myself with Brothers Grimm tales, all before the end of the month. I definitely want to try my hand at module building though at some point. I have this vision of an Epic, Sprawling Dark Sun module, but because that is insane and I would never be able to finish it, I'd really like to try to do a nice little multiplayer dungeon romp-type module. Some of my most fond moments of playing NWN1 were on a LAN with a couple other people, just running around in a hack 'n slash mod, trying to figure out what to do because none of us had actually paid attention to the storyline. Some light roleplaying elements, maybe implement a couple interesting game systems, sprinkle on a bit of custom content. I think it could be just dandy, if I ever get around to it.

I'm surprised when I hear people say they're not familiar with the Brother's Grimm. I mean Snow White, Cinderella, The Three Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Repunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Sleeping Beauty - I can't imagine childhood without these tales.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, I grew up on those tales too, but they were the Disney or Nickelodeon versions, and I've always heard that the original Brothers Grimm ones were not quite so G-rated. Also -- and this may be unique to me -- I like to go through a pretty thorough research phase before I start any project, consuming all the information I can about the topic at hand. Like, maybe I'd find out where a certain tale originated and then use that as a setting for the module, rather than a generic medieval fantasy land.