So, is anyone going to get C&C3

About 2 missions away from beating Nod. Unless this game turns out to have cheat codes (no other C&C game does), I don't forsee myself finishing that for a while.

I'm under halfway through the GDI campaign. Croatia. If you've been to that map, you know the problem.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

About 2 missions away from beating Nod. Unless this game turns out to have cheat codes (no other C&C game does), I don't forsee myself finishing that for a while.

I'm under halfway through the GDI campaign. Croatia. If you've been to that map, you know the problem.

Hahahahha...I'm from Croatia and if those were missions in real life I could name you more then one problem... :shifty::p

Croatia is an awesome mission! :shifty:

It's far less difficult than the Nod mission I'm stuck on. There's two GDI and one Scrin base. I don't have to destroy them, no, that would be too easy. I have to capture the bases before they destroy each other.

It's far less difficult than the Nod mission I'm stuck on. There's two GDI and one Scrin base. I don't have to destroy them, no, that would be too easy. I have to capture the bases before they destroy each other.

:shifty:

Let me guess, the bonus objective is to do it without losing a single engineer? :shifty:

:o

Let me guess, the bonus objective is to do it without losing a single engineer? :lol:

The bonus objective is to capture war factories and barracks, in addition to the construction yards.

C'mon people, this is Command & Conquer! This thread needs to show the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread what for!

Edited by Tale

I don't have the game yet. Needless to say if I did have the game I'd be posting about it. Looking at unit descriptions isn't exciting enough to warrant a post and I don't have the bandwidth to download the demo. :lol:

There's no sad smiley, how the hell did that happen?

Edited by Big Bottom

Is anyone prefering this over Supreme Commander? I haven't played this game yet it's still in shrink wrap.

I definitely do. Supreme Commander's demo dragged on my machine and I hear absolutely nothing of interest in regards to the Supreme Commander story.

The game's ok but it is the same old C&C gameplay mixed with a few Generals-style powers.

Nice graphics but it doesn't really compare to something like Company of Heroes which has nice graphics and actually seems to expand and elevate the genre.

I'll finish the campagin but I'm not sure if I'll be getting much multi-player joy out of it.

Is anyone prefering this over Supreme Commander? I haven't played this game yet it's still in shrink wrap.

Supreme Commander feels too much like work for my taste. C&C3 doesn't do anything new, however what it does do, it does relatively well. Balance still needs some tweaks and the campaign is fun. I can't comment on the multiplayer aspect too much as I haven't played online yet and won't until I manage to finish the campaigns. It does use Gamespy for it's online though. Some people seem to have an almost "EA hatred" level of dislike for gamespy, but I've never had a problem. :lol:

Mammoths sitting at the top of a ramp that leads down into a huge Nod base.

post-3491-1175230815_thumb.jpg

Temple Prime!

I just played a Skirmish allied with an AI medium turtle. I had to play WITH the turtle because I once played against it... good GOD!

Yeah, that's Temple Prime. I cursed to the skies at the end of that mission. 20 elite mammoth tanks up in smoke with nothing I could do to save them. :'(

After I get some sleep I'll be starting Cologne. Temple Prime and Munich are the only two missions that I haven't gotten all the bonus objectives. Temple Prime was the avatar commando deal and I completely missed the pop-up in Munich telling me about the GDI building in the north.

EDIT: Since it times out every time I try to edit my last post I'll say it here.

Ew, the screenshot didn't come out the way I thought I would. The top half of the screen is much darker than I thought it was. <_<

Edited by Deraldin

I played Temple Prime as Nod. Obelisks, Shadows, and Vertigo Bombers became my main strategy for every single mission around that time.

Edited by Tale

The thing that will probably make me like this over CoH is because this doesn't have nearly as much micro to it. Instead its MASSIVE armies going after eachother while the others of the genre (that are good, don't get me wrong) generally have a turning point of "oh damn he lost that basic unit, he's going to loose the fight" or have you hitting sixty different buttons in thirty seconds in order to win a fight (For example in Company, in order to take down a tank with infantry you have to have them running in circles and throwing stickey bombs while either you wait for support or your running to try to get away from the tanks main cannon while hitting him with a panzerschrek/bazooka)

Command and conquer is generally army v army rather than Squad v Squad.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have the Kane Edition. On the behind the scenes and blooper reel, it's very interesting to hear Kucan talk. You're used to Kane, but when Kucan talks, he sounds like you'd expect from a nerdy game developer.

So, I'm really happy with my purchase so far. The game feels like classic C&C but with updated visuals. Part of me, though, feels like I've sinned for purchasing something with "EA" on it.

Edited by Setzer

W00t! Installing now!

Tale - Kucan gave a very funny interview on Gamespot a few weeks ago, seems like an all-round cool dude.

It seems that interview was with EBGames/Gamestop, not Gamespot. I did a search for it.

W00t! Installing now!

Tale - Kucan gave a very funny interview on Gamespot a few weeks ago, seems like an all-round cool dude.

It seems that interview was with EBGames/Gamestop, not Gamespot. I did a search for it.

No, it's still there.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/command...tml?sid=6166007