So, is anyone going to get C&C3

I just finished the GDI campaign. I wussed out and did it the easy way with superweapons. When I saw the Scrin drop a command center (drone control or something) right outside my front door I figured why not and sent an engineer in. Built up to rift generator and fired it and my ion cannon at the same time. Rift generator sucks. Does decent damage but no neat effect that I could tell. Unfortunately the building survived both superweapons, but it didn't survive the drop pod of zone troopers that popped in right behind it. :D

Edited by Deraldin

I still don't have my copy of game BUT: Does whole Tiberium plot finally reach its conclusion? =)

edit: in other words we finally get to know what tiberium is, what or who Kane is and ultimate resolve to war between Nod and GDI?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I still don't have my copy of game BUT: Does whole Tiberium plot finally reach its conclusion? =)

edit: in other words we finally get to know what tiberium is, what or who Kane is and ultimate resolve to war between Nod and GDI?

No. The story is fairly unresolved.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Blergh.

Well, no reason to kill milking cow

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well, I am having lots of fun with the single player in a nostalgic kind of way but I'm a little worried about the multiplayer side of things. Mainly that it takes around 2 minutes to tech up and then it's just a case of spamming units over and over. Fun for a while but they've got some work to do if this is going to have legs. I'd still recommend the game purely for SP goodness, and I'm only a few missions in.

Well, I am having lots of fun with the single player in a nostalgic kind of way but I'm a little worried about the multiplayer side of things. Mainly that it takes around 2 minutes to tech up and then it's just a case of spamming units over and over. Fun for a while but they've got some work to do if this is going to have legs. I'd still recommend the game purely for SP goodness, and I'm only a few missions in.

They have some work to do balancing the sides.

It takes all of 25 seconds to build a Mammoth Tank now. In Red Alert 1 it took 40 seconds to build a Heavy Tank. That alone shows how much everything has been sped up. :ermm:

I know, the teching is just too fast (and mammoth tanks are just too good)

Also, while I'm having fun overall, does anyone else feel the game lacks a certain amount of polish? Some of the cut scenes seem rather cut and pasted. I think this game could have been much better than it is with more dev time.

Lack of polish is one thing I would never claim of this game.

I played Nod campaign to the second to last mission. Then I played GDI to its last mission. Back to Nod! FOR KANE!

I have to agree with this statement. The game isn't lacking in the polishing department. Unfortunately for me though, I've been struck by the audio/video sync problems so the audio in all the cutscenes (except the ones with the male reporter...) is ahead of the video and it gets worse the longer the video plays. Finished off the GDI campaign last night. Haven't been able to get to sleep tonight for some reason, so a few Nod missions couldn't hurt... :ermm:

I swear I must have read about a sync issue on their forums. I'll see what I can find.

Here we go: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...35&tstart=0

Edited by Tale

I swear I must have read about a sync issue on their forums. I'll see what I can find.

Yeah. I check the official forums looking for an answer, but none of the stuff they suggested worked for me. Sound acceleration, increasing process priority, updating drivers, none of it worked. :ermm:

I have to agree with this statement. The game isn't lacking in the polishing department.

To each his own, maybe I've been spoiled by Starcraft and past C&Cs, but this game came out of the oven a bit early. It's not broke, but you can see the cracks. Still fun enough tho, if only for the FMV (which has issues too).

I have to agree with this statement. The game isn't lacking in the polishing department.

To each his own, maybe I've been spoiled by Starcraft and past C&Cs, but this game came out of the oven a bit early. It's not broke, but you can see the cracks. Still fun enough tho, if only for the FMV (which has issues too).

It needs some minor tweaking in a few areas, but overall I think they did well. I'd love to see a "Brutal" difficulty level for the campaign. Something that steps up the difficulty more than just adding an extra enemy unit or two with each attack group.

Brutal Rusher in skirmish = insta-death :ermm:

Fact it attacks with some 20 scorpion tanks when you've barely managed to create your first defence structures. That would be first 30 seconds of game

IIRC Brutal difficulties also builts with double speed

Edited by Xard

Fact it attacks with some 20 scorpion tanks when you've barely managed to create your first defence structures. That would be first 30 seconds of game

IIRC Brutal difficulties also builts with double speed

Manual says that the only cheat it gets is double money. I'll have to try out a brutal AI just to see what all this fuss is about. :D

Ah, it's not undefeatable. I've managed to defeat Brutal Balanced and Brutal Turtle (Turtle was... challenging :ermm: ) but Rusher... hell no!

Actually I read in some finnish fora best way to defeat BR but can't remember where.

edit: I guess beginning moments are extremely crucial against Rusher. Apparently that "first moment" just continues and continues. I've managed to beat their first waves back with missile squads and rifleman squads (+ few defence structures) but their attacks don't stop. When you destroy their first group other has already attacked from other direction. Third one comes immeaditly after second etc.

Quite a nightmare

Edited by Xard

I'm going to punch someone at EA in the face if the alien mini-campaign doesn't shed light on Nods (boring) ending cinematic.

EDIT: I like how GDI and Nods stories are the same story from different perspectives tho, unlike past C&Cs where they were totally different

Edited by kumquatq3

The Scrin campaign is hard. I just lost mission two. I was expecting it to be easy once they gave me reinforcements.

Couldn't sleep. So... I beat it.

Kane is already in the Scrin's database. O_o And now they want to commence a full invasion. Oh noes!

Just finished Temple Prime as Nod. There was a scary moment there where I thought I might actually lose. I got attacked by mass mammoths (with railguns!) from the enemy GDI base. About a dozen of them broke through my Obelisk line. Instead of pushing through to the heart of my base they stopped to blow up everything along the way. Thankfully that gave me enough time to kill them off with several bombing runs from my Vertigo's. :ermm:

Edited by Deraldin