KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

I love being messenger of doom and gloom... :shifty:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This thread is getting far too depressing!!

YAY YAY WooHoo!!!

KOTOR III will r0x0rz and we will all love it!!

ahem...

as you were! :-

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

That was rather insightful, lengthy, and borderline brilliant there, Architect. :ermm: Very nice plot outline there. I like it.

Edit: I just finished reading the last three pages of this thing. Carry on.

Edited by Omelette

Thread pruned.

Little less spam in this thread, please.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

More like it was an actual robe, not a tunic.

But yes, hooded robes would be nice. Something you could use when you want to be unnoticeable. And to freak out people you talk to.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

More like it was an actual robe, not a tunic.

But yes, hooded robes would be nice. Something you could use when you want to be unnoticeable. And to freak out people you talk to.

It would be great if having the robe's hood up added to your "inconspicuous" score - helping stealth or something.

The robes I always liked the look of best were actually the ones that looked like a tunic of sorts - I didn't go for the whole long 'dressing-gown' robes, even though they're consisten with the movies...

there's so many 'little things' like this that can be incorporated into the game that would just make it that much cooler :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

Hey guys, some facts again:

Well, we all hoped, that LucasArts would present KotOR III on Comic Con. Or at last Battlefront III. But no, today we can all be happy, that LucasArts decided not to publish anything for PCs in this decade. The games presented by Steve Sansweet will be Fraction (everybody knows this already, ok) AND Battlefront Renegade Squadron, a game only for PSP. It has some new features but is nothing more than a addon for Battlefront II. So, the next great virtuel Star Wars Adventure will be The Force Unleashed, and it will only come for next gen and we have to wait a very long time to the release.

The hope dies at last, please LucasArts, make KotOR!

... I can safely assume now that we won't get Kotor 3 until at least 2010...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hopefully by then they'll fix the retarded system Bioware developed and have it actually be reminiscent of Star Wars. I refuse to accept that once races start exploring the galaxy, inhabiting other planets, engaging in trade in vessels capable of faster than light travel that everyone ends up fighting with swords again.

Edit: By retarded I don't mean to imply that it was easy for them to see a more desirable solution. It's an age old problem in sci-fi RPGs, but it's especially silly in a licensed universe that doesn't have the problem in the original material.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey guys, some facts again:

Well, we all hoped, that LucasArts would present KotOR III on Comic Con. Or at last Battlefront III. But no, today we can all be happy, that LucasArts decided not to publish anything for PCs in this decade. The games presented by Steve Sansweet will be Fraction (everybody knows this already, ok) AND Battlefront Renegade Squadron, a game only for PSP. It has some new features but is nothing more than a addon for Battlefront II. So, the next great virtuel Star Wars Adventure will be The Force Unleashed, and it will only come for next gen and we have to wait a very long time to the release.

The hope dies at last, please LucasArts, make KotOR!

y would they announce fraction at a star wars convention . . . plus steve sansweet said that tha announcements would b two starwars titles ! ! ! my hope is still there

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Waiting for KOTOR III's announcement and release is like waiting for my IM lists to be filled with something other than people who are either permanently offline or permanently "Away"

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

This is going to be more hyped that Star Wars Galaxies

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Same old crap all over again.

This all is FALSE knowledge

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

For the last time, there won't be an MMO. Its a retarded idea.

And Bioware is NOT making KotOR 3. They don't want to. They've said it often...

For the last time, there won't be an MMO. Its a retarded idea.

And Bioware is NOT making KotOR 3. They don't want to. They've said it often...

At the most - I could see that idea being a expansion-type game for Galaxies...at the VERY most.

I am new here, and I understand the frustrations of experienced board members with new people coming in and asking the same tired old questions. So I will approach it in a different way, I'm sure everybody has mentioned that it needs to complete the saga of Revan and the Exile, and I'm sure there have been a few multiplayer requests. I was one of the original members of the LOTR: The White Council forum, and I felt the frustration of seeing nothing but year old requests, yet my heart was broken, TWC has been postponed indefinitely.... I am hoping that KOTOR 3 will be released, and released soon, yet not too soon, so as to have the same effect as it did on KOTOR 2, but soon enough so that I will be sustained. My biggest requests are more, more, MORE planets, and I loved the idea of turning your party into Jedi, which I am hoping will be expanded upon. I would love to see Yavin IV explored, and more of Exar Kun in the game, and I think it would be best if we could play the game after defeating it, like most Free-Roam games. Well, before I go and say too many tired ideas, I would love to here more ideas that actually occurred in the forums, my email is WKlingbeil@comcast.net. Oh, and out of curiosity, does this forum on this site mean that Obsidian is probably making it? I think given the time that KOTOR 1 had, KOTOR II could have destroyed its GOTY awards, and been a much better game too, yet greed took away from the glory.... Here's to hoping for time!

Well, before I go and say too many tired ideas, I would love to here more ideas that actually occurred in the forums,

As you may have noticed from the title - this is part 22 of the discussion, and there are now 32 pages of posts in this part alone. The sticky at the top has links to all the old parts - all of which contain extended numbers of suggestions, ideas, and discussions about K3. Sit back and read through them at your leisure (when you have about 3 days to spare :ermm:) to see what others have said. It seems innumerous people have come and gone from the discussions over it's lifetime (pretty much since K2 came out it seems...) so the only way you would get all the previous suggestions would be to read through them yourself.

If someone does email stuff to you then all well and good - but I'd go hunting myself if I were you :)

Godspeed.

I would love to see an Old Republic Expansion for Star Wars Galaxies. They could have designated Old Republic servers and the normal ones or you would select to play Star Wars Galaxies: KotOR right from the launchpad, similar to the way you get on Test Center. Even with all I have invested in SWG, I would abandon my Naritus charaters and all of my spaceloot in a heartbeat just so I could focus all of my gaming time in the Old Republic SWG.

Edited by Jambo

Tect has no chance against Volo and old gang :blink: