NHL

Darque

Booyah! And Ottawa is into the finals! Alfie scores the game winner in OT on a 1-on-3. :teehee:
One hell of a shot.

It looked like a pretty horrible shot to me. Not that I'm complaining, but Miller totally should have had that one. I suppose it's just the universe's way of balancing out the stick save he made on Spezza that he had no business stopping. :brows:

It was an unpredictable shot that came out of nowhere. That's why Miller didn't get it. I thought it was great!

Go Ottawa! Go Detroit! I want a Swedish captain to hoist the Cup this year!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm, who do I hate more? Pronger? Comrie? ****, this is a harder choice than I thought.

At least we get another first round pick for '08.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hmm, who do I hate more? Pronger? Comrie? ****, this is a harder choice than I thought.

At least we get another first round pick for '08.

That you'll screw up, what ever happen to that hard shooting forward you guys got with the "wild" hair in that trade. Did he miss a plane or something?

Yeah at around the allstar break I told Kor that it would be the Sens and he was all no wai, Buffalo. Apparently he has also contracted a bad case of amnesia from a chubby eskimo

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I knew they were good when they beat out Minnesota. But I didn't think they'd get past Detroit.

Let's hope Ottawa can bring their A game at least! Go Ottawa go.

I almost feel physically ill for having to cheer for Ottawa :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^ Same here, and i lost two bucks on the wings.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'm rooting for Ottawa as well. It's cool that we'll have a Stanley Cup winner that has never won before. I'd root for Anaheim if I thought that would improve hockey in California, but I don't think they have the fan base in SoCal to really make an impact.

Horrible round for me. I shouldn't have gone against Pronger and Neidrmayer who ar eperhaps the best one-two defensive punch ever. So.. so.. dominating. My prediction record is now a more pedestrian 10-4.

Anaheim over Ottawa in 7. This is another series that could go either way. A toss up; but that defensive pairing will really make it difficult for the Alfreddson line to do it's stuff. Then again, Ottawa is good enough to win. Hmm..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

movingupti9.jpg

Huzzah! I broke the top 2000 in my pool! I'm still 70 points behind the leader though. :sad:

Good round for me here, I managed to pull ahead of Volo in the predictions and I'm now 11-3 and will try to open up a two point lead in this round.

Anaheim vs Ottawa: Anaheim may have Neidermayer and Pronger, however Ottawa also has Phillips and Volchenkov. It will be interesting to see the matchups in this series as to who gets to play against the Alfie line up front. Overall though I'm going to have to stick with Ottawa for this round. Ottawa in six. I'd say seven, but so far every Ottawa series win has taken one game fewer than my prediction. :thumbsup:

I say Ottawa in 6 as well, but mostly because I want a canadian team to win... Its been a long time...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"however Ottawa also has Phillips and Volchenkov."

As good as they are, they don't come off as intimidating as Anaheim's duo. Heh.

Will: Why the bigotry? :thumbsup:

P.S. It shouldn't matter what country a team is from. That should be irrelevant. Why are people so worried about that stuff?

Edited by Volourn

Bigotry would be saying you want Ottawa to win because you hate the US (or California, or LA in Kelverin's case.) Will is demonstrating nationalism. Why are you a loyal NYR fan? How is it different to be a fan of Canadien teams?

"Bigotry would be saying you want Ottawa to win because you hate the US (or California, or LA in Kelverin's case.)"

It's a form of bigotry because it shows a bias of onlyc aring for one group of people.

"Will is demonstrating nationalism."

Extreme nationalism tends to lead to bigotry and hatred of other nations. If one feels that ottawa should win simply because it's a Kanadian team; it obviously means that they hate all non Kanadian teams and wnat them to lose simply because they happen to be non Kanadian teams.

"Why are you a loyal NYR fan?"

Becauzse. really. Can't get much deeper than that because there is no logical reason for my NYR fandom outside of me being a big NY City fanboy depsite never being there. And, they had the MNoose the best player ever when I first seriously got into being a 'hardcore' hockey fan instead of just being kinda interested in it.

" How is it different to be a fan of Canadien teams?"

Well.. For starters, therer's nothing wrong with being a fan of Kanadian teams. It's why someone is. If your main and only reason for cheering a Kanadian team is because they are Kanadian that, to me, shows bigotry and bias. In contrast, I don't cheer teams simply based on on their city (or country). Even NY teams whose city I'm biased towards. I'm not a fan of the Yanks (don't hate them though), Jets, or even he Knicks anymore despite them hailing from NY.

That said, being a bigot over a sports thing is not the worst thing ever; but this idea that one must cheer a Kanadian team simply because it's a Kanadian team is silly. It would be just as utterly ridiculousness if an Amerikan had posted that they wanted Anaheim to win the Cup simply because it's an Amerikan team.

As an example. My favorite team is the NYR. I love NY city so let's say if the Rangers had lost to Atlanta, and the NYI had managed to beat Buffalo; I guarnatee you I wouldn't all of asudden start cheering for the Isles to win the cup simply 'cause they are based in NY. That would be bigotry.

Edited by Volourn

Whoa, relax guys, it wasn't as serious as it sounds.

Actually I'm just more confident in Ottawa than Anaheim. Anaheim got to the finals because of lucky shots and the other team's mistakes... Of course skill was involved as well, but I just feel as if they beat Detroit because of mistakes.

Ottawa has a good team, and I say 6 because most of the time thats what happens.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Jim Balsillie(head of RIM, the Blackberry guys) bought the Predators. They're expected to move to Hamilton Ont. now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg