Canada is spying on the US!!!

Arkan

Be careful Canada. If you piss us off we'll take away another one of your hockey teams. How about the New Orleans Maple Leafs?  :lol:

Hah! Go ahead and take them! New Orleans will be renamed Toronto within a year after the influx of Canadian fans. :p

Who will then be promptly shot.

We should treat the canadians like any other country, and keep them out. I believe our next major security issue will come out of canada.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

This sound like BS but if it is true and they are using the exterior metal of the coin as the transmitting 'antenna', a simple trip to the nearest microwave would destroy the internals of the device.

Wouldn't it also destroy the microwave? ^_^

Perhaps they (the Canadians) were trying to flood the market slowly. If all coins ended up having transmitters, there would be nowhere to hide. The masters of industrial espionage would suddenly be the ones spied upen :cool:

Edit: Can we have Hans Island when you are done mauling the canadians?

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You guys need to experiment more! Microwave ovens only affect a small variety of metal. Throw a handfull of change into your oven and turn it on. It will not react with most metals. Gold, iron and tin are bad choices where a microwave oven is concerned. Most others are ignored ( they will warm slightly though ).

For some real Mr Wizard fun, toss a small florescent bulb into your microwave and turn it on. Make sure that the electical terminals at either end are not touching the sides. It'll light up nicely. I've got a small 'black-light' bulb as well as one that is a hideous shade of green. Very bizzare.

A 'rule of thumb' with microwave experiments...if it throws sparks, it's probably not a good idea. Otherwise have fun. I tore one apart one years ago and 'rebuilt' it to induce voltage onto car stereos that rattled my windows when some jerk-off didn't have the courtesy to turn his tunes down in a residential neighborhood. :p

High voltage in a car stereo usually doesn't do good things to it. Had to be carefull where the microware 'spray' went though. Microwaves affect pacemakers. :lol:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Awsesome :)

I wonder if it could be turned into a SWAT type weapon... Bad guy hiding behind concrete wall? No problem, aim the Tarna device in his direction and hit the "On" switch. He should be medium rare in 60 seconds :lol:

Edit: @Jorian: Hey, the Hungarians are famous for their umbrella technique :p

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No thanks I can find my own way to prison.

But can you do it with style? :D

And for a disclaimer...the Federal Communications Commission would definitely frown on such a use of microwaves. Since it also screws up radio in most all bands, the local police would be very eager to have an intimate conversation with you as well ( probably involving cavity searches just to humiliate you for troubling them ).

BTW - The Ruskies built such devices into the Russian built US embassy back in the 80's as 'spy' devices. Microwave emission causes confusion at low power. Higher power causes the above mentioned 'medium rare to well done' results in humans. Burned human flesh smells very bad.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Hmmm... laughably pointless yet expensive hi-tech spy effort, more inspired by James Bond than reality, leading to much public scandal/ridicule and no possibility of gathering useful information, eh? This has British 'Intelligence' written all over it. :rolleyes: Almost as daft as the Moscow spy rock.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Everyone spies on everyone, even Hungary has spies in the US, and many in better positions.

(and noone would ever believe it anyway)

Yeah I remember hearing something about that. How they were hoping to steal secrets and bring hygiene to Hungaria. How did that ever work out?

Be nice Laozi. No remarks about hygiene concerning the 'unwashed masses'. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't want you ancestors described as such.

Ruminations...

choclabpup1.jpg

I'm Sorry Tarna!!!

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't see the point in a transmitter of this sort. Unless it was a booster that amplified, say, the EMR frequency signature sequence that a keypress makes, for example ... :rolleyes:"

On my old computer I used a wireless keyboard. Sometimes, when I put on headphones on, they would pick up the signal, a high-pitched, "beep beeeeep beep beep beeep," whenever I typed something.

Edited by Blank

I don't see the point in a transmitter of this sort. Unless it was a booster that amplified, say, the EMR frequency signature sequence that a keypress makes, for example ... :rolleyes:"

On my old computer I used a wireless keyboard. Sometimes, when I put on headphones on, they would pick up the signal, a high-pitched, "beep beeeeep beep beep beeep," whenever I typed something.

sounds like what happens when certain cell phones get near a set of speakers... I used to be able to tell when I was getting a call before it rang because my speakers would go nuts before the ringer was activated.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I expect our enemies to spy on us our 'friends' shouldn't be in the business of compromising our security.

Unless you spy on them, how do you know they are your friends?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You'd be surprised how many people accept them, I've gotten several from rolls that were made by the bank.

Once 10 Swedish kroner ended up in my pocket instead of 2 Australian dollars coin (what are the odds?).

171-877.jpg

The word 'Kopyek' is the Russian equivelent to dollar.

Actually, ko'peika (ko'peyek is a morphological form) is equivalent to a cent. Conceptually, not in value.

Edited by Diamond

It doesn't help that the American quarter is the same size and everything as a Canadian quarter. Maybe it's different now, but I remember a looooong time ago, many moons ago, but I could buy pop from the pop machine using canadian coins when we were in Vegas.

Isn't the use of counterfeit money a federal offense? :D

ok, the police have radar that shows how fast you are going.

ok, you can buy "radar detectors" to tell you when a police radar is in the local proximity.

ok, then (probably the same vendors) they sell the "radar detector dectector" so that you can actually get in trouble for having a radar detector.

the same principle could apply to spying devices: you have a device that can spy on me but then I look in the back of a magazine and buy a device that jams your transmission...that sort of thing....maybe in the near future anyone who has access to "secret buildings" and the like will have such a jammer built into their id badge.

promising new world, eh?

The old saying goes, keep your enemies close but keep your friends closer.  ;)

Isn't that backwards.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta