Should have said

Walsingham

Vegetarian at party: "You like eating meat? But meat is murder. Murderer."

Superme: "If I'm an unrepentant murderer why are you taunting me? What's your next trick? Juggling razors?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Have I got the Tee for you!

Finger licking t-shirt.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After all, it's expensive to get good vegetarian meat these days, after the Thatcherian mechanically-reclaimed-meat diet supplements; so a good grain-fed human would have a lean fillet ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The other other white meat...

-Elwood Blues

If I weren't so damn sure you educated gents have read A Modest Proposal, I'd be off searching the internets for a full-text version to post. Or I'd link the inevitable wiki entry.

But I'm 99.9 percent sure it would be redundant.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

:blink:

Or alternatively ask her if she's religious (Christian) .. and if so - how she can live with herself when she's eating the flesh of Christ each sunday!

But the lulz of the situation would be lessened when she angrily explains what transfiguration is. "So you don't swallow?" is a much better retort, as she is much less likely to continue the conversation after that.

Ask her if she's Vegan. Otherwise she probably will eat eggs which are 'aborted fetuses'. Remember that when you next scramble a poor baby ( chicken ).

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

and dairy is rape

imagesCAJ0FSZ4.jpg

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ask her if she's Vegan. Otherwise she probably will eat eggs which are 'aborted fetuses'. Remember that when you next scramble a poor baby ( chicken ).

Actually, edible eggs are not fertilized, they were at no point considered "alive". All the fertilized eggs with fetuses in them are thrown out (hopefully). Really, if the momma chickens are treated well, a benthamite vegan wouldn't have much grounds to object to the consumption of eggs. But they do anyway, so I don't take them seriously.

I just laugh uproariously at the notion that a vegan is so holy in other respects that not eating meat has become top of thier list of sins. I know it's sure as hell way down the list of mine. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Sudanese who require orphanicating...

-Elwood Blues

:)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Forgot I was in public there.

-Elwood Blues

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Oh lawks. I'd better put the orphans back before anyone gets evidence. Curse you, the international media and the internets!

-Elwood Blues

Vegan Hannibal Lecter:" I had his tofu with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Ffvl, Ffvl, Ffvl"

:huh:

It's just not the same. :'(

I've always wondered if the whole veggy/vegan thing was in protest to cruelty towards animals or the promotion of healthy livin'?

I love meat and I eat a lot of meat, all kinds. Fish, chicken, beef, pork, horse(rarely but it happens), moose, deer, boar(truly succulent!), seafood, etc but I will still be one of the first to shed a tear when I see a video of a cow getting ready to turn into steak.

Can't there be a more "humane" way of doing this?

Then again, what is better between punching a cow in the neck and letting it bleed to death and a pack of lions tearing a gazelle to pieces and eating it's entrails while it is still alive(Hmm. Too much detail)?

:huh:

Edited by astr0creep

Good point. I think when one is more conversant with how animals die in their natural condition, the notion of civilised butchery becomes less distressing. I don't think I've ever met a single non-Indian vegetarian who lived in the country.

-Elwood Blues

I always laugh when they try to explain to me that's it's unnatural and against nature, when humans eat meat.. guess their "fangs" are specially designed to peel an apple?

Another good point.

Humans are omnivores, meaning they are both meat-eaters and the-rest-eaters.

The only problem I see with eating meat is how we as humans "kill the prey".

We're not lions, we have the means and the knowledge to ease if not eliminate the suffering of these living beings so why resort to barbarisms?

I'd like to know. :rolleyes: