I'm Time's Person Of The Year

Pidesco

Sure, it's a mistake to romanticize all this any more than is strictly necessary. Web 2.0 harnesses the stupidity of crowds as well as its wisdom. Some of the comments on YouTube make you weep for the future of humanity just for the spelling alone, never mind the obscenity and the naked hatred.

So true. :dancing:

Disappointing from Time. The article is fine as a tech-trend essay or something, but as a year-ender 'person of the year' tribute...meh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh man, I've never won anything before. This is awesome.

Since 2001, they've been slacking. The article reads like something out of the Onion, and it's not even as funny as the Onion article they already did.

It's not as if this is really an award, anyway. It's an empty gesture.

*edit - btw:

pw.new.png

God, that takes me back.

*edit 2 - Lebowski-Time.jpg

I am a Lebowski Achiever.

Edited by Pop

I've watched around 200 episodes - 50 hours - of anime on Youtube and countless music videos and oddities like old trash cartoon openings. So, I guess I'm the Time magazine person of the year afterall. :D Or a gigantic nerd.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Total sell out."

Really? Sell out? How? Did 'YOU' pay Time off for this?

One cnaa rgue that it was silly to give a generalized 'you' such an award as 'person of the year'; but to say it was a 'total sell out' is just as silly if not sillier.

Perosnally, I do find it silly and a waste of time on their part; but meh; accusing them of 'total sell out' without evidence is immoral.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

LOL @ the Lebowski Urban Achievers.

I think "cop out" is a more accurate description of the article than "sell out," and that's probably what that fella meant.

I can see their point, but it's still pretty wishy-washy. Gimme a profile of someone who has done great things to change the world, not a forum for fake teenage drama queens!

Or Chuck Norris. I could have lived with Chuck Norris.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs