The World's Biggest Straw Yule Goat

mkreku

Surely not. I mean to say, we English have been at war with France for practically our entire history. Hell, one of our wars lasted more than 100 years!

There's nothing quite like a really good enemy.

well we only "hate" them when there aren't any others around who are more strange than they are.. it's like family.. you'll hate your brother if you are alone with him in a room for more than a day as well.. ^_^

and Norway is like the little sister who everyone loves.. as long as she keeps quiet..

Fortune favors the bald.

Surely not. I mean to say, we English have been at war with France for practically our entire history. Hell, one of our wars lasted more than 100 years!

well we only "hate" them when there aren't any others around who are more strange than they are.. it's like family.. you'll hate your brother if you are alone with him in a room for more than a day as well.. ^_^

and Norway is like the little sister who everyone loves.. as long as she keeps quiet..

:aiee: True, poor Norway is everyones favorite vassal, 400 years under Denmark and some 90ish under Sweden... and they end up with all the oil, figures. I hope there's some near Greenland before they manage to break free!

Anyway Copenhagen now eh? Just like my cousins, I doubt you'll ever lose the accent, which is fine! I actually like it, have a conversation with me and I'll be speaking Jysk within minutes! :joy:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The Kalmar Union and its aftermath lasted for about 150 years and I tell you it wasn't a happy marriage. Swedes and Danes took any chance they got to claw each other's eyes out after that.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Why is that huh, that as an Englishman hating the french takes absolutely no effort at all... It's like a natural impulse.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

well it was implemented in your language - your culture and history to hate the French .. the best way to defeat an enemy is if you truely hate 'it' - and when some childrens rhimes and jokes (etc) are constructed to ridicule and create indifference about the French.. well then you have an entire system constructed to allowing your hatred/anamosity to flick on at the slightest effort..

Fortune favors the bald.

well it was implemented in your language - your culture and history to hate the French .. the best way to defeat an enemy is if you truely hate 'it' - and when some childrens rhimes and jokes (etc) are constructed to ridicule and create indifference about the French.. well then you have an entire system constructed to allowing your hatred/anamosity to flick on at the slightest effort..

Hey, don't forget that it wasn't until Queen Anne's reign (1707ish) that England finally out-muscled the French and left the Dutch in their dust when it came to trade (both of which goals were begun back at least as far as QE1's reign, when she inherited a bankrupt country with no military power and a non-existent grasp of the trade routes and far-off partners.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually, I tell a lie. We don't hate the French, and they don't hate us. It would a superfluous emotion to bring into a perfect state of warlike mistrust and antipathy. Hate has nothing to do with us having wars with them after so long.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Where is Fizban when you need him? :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Your Daily Swedish Cultural Update:

The black sculpture seen in the background behind the Yule Goat, is a masterpiece of the late British sculptor Henry Moore. It's called "Three Piece Reclining Figure", and it's an abstraction of a female body (probably his wife Irina) lying down. It it made of massive bronze and is worth appr. $6-7 million.

So, basically what I'm saying is: if you fly over here to burn the goat, you can make a decent profit if you end up snatching the statue at the same time. It only weighs a couple of tons.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Instead of burning goats, I think we should all be doing our part to promote world peace this solstice time.

The "positive energy fields" stuff is new age wank, but it's good stuff for a good cause. Grab an attractive friend and, uh, come together. In the interests of peace on Earth and goodwill towards men.

Isn't that what Christmas is all about?

btw, there's 11 days left, so some of you had better start preparing now. You know who you are.

Edited by Pop

Does anyone own or have access to an Emperor Titan?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Instead of burning goats, I think we should all be doing our part to promote world peace this solstice time.

The "positive energy fields" stuff is new age wank, but it's good stuff for a good cause. Grab an attractive friend and, uh, come together. In the interests of peace on Earth and goodwill towards men.

Isn't that what Christmas is all about?

btw, there's 11 days left, so some of you had better start preparing now. You know who you are.

You are crazy. Christmas is about rampant commercialization and capitalism gone crazy backed by a mix bag of Pagan and Christian religious nonsense.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"