Favorite NWN2 companion

aVENGER

Who is your favorite NWN2 companion?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite NWN2 companion?

• Khelgar
    • Elanee
    • Neeshka
    • Qara
    • Grobnar
    • Casavir
    • Sand
    • Bishop
    • Shandra
    • Ammon Jerro

I always stay clear of Dwarves in D&D, they annoy me.. And as such I was really skeptical with Khelgar - and I started out insulting him any chance I got - but he proved his worth and is without a doubt my favourite character from NWN2!

Fortune favors the bald.

I liked Ammon Jerro. But only AFTER he becomes a companion. Before he becomes a companion it's idiocy. Not really on his part, but that they seem to expect us to mistake him for the King of Shadows when 1) We see him in an opening movie. 2) He hangs out at Jerro's haven. 3) His name is "Warlock" not "King of Shadows."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked Ammon Jerro. But only AFTER he becomes a companion. Before he becomes a companion it's idiocy. Not really on his part, but that they seem to expect us to mistake him for the King of Shadows when 1) We see him in an opening movie. 2) He hangs out at Jerro's haven. 3) His name is "Warlock" not "King of Shadows."

I assumed he was just another evil guy I had to kill - as some point you stop questioning it.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yah, but, like, they said that the KoS was a warlock, so, duh.

I got bored with the game at around chapter 1. Too many orcs, too many thieves, too many freaking bladelings.

That said, starting as a cleric and completely botching all interactions sort of amounted to that as well. I'll probably start from the beginning, as a warlock.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My favorite is probably Khelgar, not only because of the character, but also for being almost the only one who had a complete story written for him. But i also have a soft-spot for Ammon Jerro's resolve.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One thing I like about Ammon Jerro is that he's not misunderstood. No, he's actually a jerk. It didn't turn out he was killing those people to save the world, no he was being a vindictive ass. However, he also wanted to save the world.

One thing I like about Ammon Jerro is that he's not misunderstood. No, he's actually a jerk. It didn't turn out he was killing those people to save the world, no he was being a vindictive ass. However, he also wanted to save the world.

Future games needs more jerks like him, especially ones with errr.....moral flexibility.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I must have odd tastes- my favorite companions were Bishop and Qara. Sure Qara was spoiled but she was also very non-preachy and went with the flow (which I can appreciate). And I agreed with most of what Bishop said and he had a cool voice/look.

Though I found Khelgar the most likeable, followed by Neeshka. (they aren't my favorites though). Sand and Grobnir had their moments also.

Was pretty much neutral on the rest of the cast.

I think my favourites were Neeshka and Khelgar. Maybe it was because they were your first companions, maybe because they were the best "fleshed" out characters. It was the only ones I felt a kind of attachment to as a player. Runners up would be Qara and Grobnar. One because of her fiery temper and one because of... well not sure why. I just like Grobnar, despite him being a gnome (I hate gnomes) and a bard. As for the rest, they just "were" there. Tools that you needed to pass specific parts of the game, not party members by choice but by design.

Zhaeve I found particularly annoying :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As the title says. For me, Sand clearly stands out. His snide, witty comments had me laughing all of the time he was in the party. Chris did a great job with the writing and the voice actor did his part perfectly as well. IMHO, Sand is on pair with BG2's Edwin and KotOR's HK-47 as far as sarcastic comic relief companions go. :down:

Runner up: Shandra. I liked here character a lot. She starts out as a simple farmer girl and builds up gradually from there. She also seemed to get along quite nicely with my Paladin PC, without seeming like an uptight arrogant prick half the time, like a certain druidess. :-" I would have made her my no.1 choice if it weren't for the

dreaded "FF7 Aeris effect" which makes her die on you at the start of Act3. Up to the very end I had hoped that I'd get a chance to resurrect her (this is a D&D game after all) especially when Ammon Jerro found that medallion of hers, but alas, it was not meant to be. Hmm, perhaps she could make an appearance in the expansion (i.e. like Aribeth in HotU)

Exactly my thoughts. Sand was quite awesome. I love his quips in the trial with Torio

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

- John Lennon

Are you guys kidding me? I'm the only one to vote Grobnar?!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

He's a Halfling disguised as a Gnome.

Thabks Bales

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Casavir has 0 votes and Shandra has 3. Poor Casavir.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Cassivar was my second choice.

Casavir needed more depth. Maybe I didn't have him in the party long enough, but there wasn't a whole lot to him. He didn't have a lot of dialog, many quips, much backstory, etc. I didn't dislike him, but I didn't have a chance to like him, either.

Three cheers for Sand!! :sorcerer:

I hated Qara with the intensity of 1000 suns. :o For the final battle...

I made sure to strip her of her equipment. With entertaining results!

I thought Neeshka's would annoy me, but she grew on me over time.

Bishop was a good badguy -- someone I loved to hate.

Edited by Bela

Will Save penalty vs. Kitty: -20

GCS d(--) s--: a C+++$ US++>$ P+++$ L+(++) E--- W++ N+ w--- V- PS+ PE Y+ t+@ 5++ X R+ tv(+) b+ DI++ D+ G+ e++ h-() r+++ x?

How many nuns would a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

I would have prefered Sand as a romance option

I'll never view these forums the same again.

I'd actually like it if there was no romance option in MotB. Instead, the writers would concentrate more on giving the few characters depth.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd actually like it if there was no romance option in MotB. Instead, the writers would concentrate more on giving the few characters depth.

It's pretty easy to avoid the romances, just be like members of this forum. :thumbsup: