NWN2: Toolset Creations

Oerwinde

I haven't tried print screen in the toolset yet, but if it doesn't dump the images anywhere in the two NWN2 folders then the tip above should do it. (Print screen dumps the image onto the Clipboard so it can be pasted into an application. I used it for getting screenshots of BG2.)

Edit: was playing with the toolset last night and found out most humanoid NPC models have skivvies, but they're not used by default. (Sylphs are naked under their attire :blink: but you'll never notice that in-game.) It appears this decision was made some time before the game shipped, as the skivvies don't mesh well with the NPCs' necks, and their head/body are two different colors. By default all characters have some sort of 'cloth' appearance.

I also noticed why Elanee wasn't allowed to display a hat or helmet; her hair is so 'big' that it clips through every help I equipped her with in the toolset. Doh. So much for one object affecting another realistically. (Helms flatten hair, etc.)

Edited by Wistrik

Absolutely wonderful/amazing work Oerwinde :bat: can I ask how big are the areas?

O.

That one is as big as it will go. The north gate and docks will be the same width from east to west, but not as wide north to south.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well its all mostly just buildings. I haven't got many props, and no NPCs in there yet, so it doesn't lag very much. Loading time is on the longer side though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't tried print screen in the toolset yet, but if it doesn't dump the images anywhere in the two NWN2 folders then the tip above should do it. (Print screen dumps the image onto the Clipboard so it can be pasted into an application. I used it for getting screenshots of BG2.)

Edit: was playing with the toolset last night and found out most humanoid NPC models have skivvies, but they're not used by default. (Sylphs are naked under their attire :brows: but you'll never notice that in-game.) It appears this decision was made some time before the game shipped, as the skivvies don't mesh well with the NPCs' necks, and their head/body are two different colors. By default all characters have some sort of 'cloth' appearance.

I also noticed why Elanee wasn't allowed to display a hat or helmet; her hair is so 'big' that it clips through every help I equipped her with in the toolset. Doh. So much for one object affecting another realistically. (Helms flatten hair, etc.)

I am quite sure that the IE games automatically created screenshots in the game directory.

I'm pretty sure BG2 did in WIN98SE. In fact, I think I still some screenies I took hanging around in my computer.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How do you find it when you play it on you computer. Does it seem to lag? It seems larger areas seem to do that. Online the max is 16x16 and thats to the limits that I've found.

You might want to read the comments by Urlord on this BioBoard thread. He's running a PW and has had success with 32x32 areas.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Here's a link to the trailer for the Purgatorio campaign module our team has been working on: Rogue Dao Studios - Purgatorio Campaign Trailer

Some of the areas and cutscenes are things I've been working on, other stuff in the trailer is from Michael E. (Fractal) or Robert Rodgers (The Great Hippo).

The trailer really just scratches the surface of the Hive Ward, which encompasses 60 areas right now, that are explorable in a very non-linear fashion. The Hive Ward is the locale of the first act of the Purgatorio campaign, and comprises approximately one-half of the playable game time.

The trailer is a large file (~65 megs), and it will take a little while to load up in the embedded player. If you want to save it directly to your HD, just right-click the media window and save as. You can also link to a lower quality, smaller .wmv, but the higher-quality .avi is worth a couple extra minutes of wait.

The trailer uses the DivX codec which is linked at the bottom of the page if you don't have it already.

-Monty

I used Premiere Pro to do title clips and the cutting together of the footage, but that's a pretty pricey app, I already had it for film school projects, so had access to it.

Camtasia Studio costs less and can accomplish most of the same things. You can also get a demo of Camtasia Studio that lasts 25-30 days, so if you plan out when you will need the program you can get it all done for free. I actually used Camtasia Studio to encode the video and produce the related java script to run it in the embedded player.

I also used Camtasia to do the screen capture. Fraps will work as well. You can use the demo of Camtasia or the demo of Fraps (which doesn't run out I don't think, but will paste a "fraps" logo across the very top of your screen captures).

-Monty

Edited by MLMarkland

To expand the visual options for NPCs, we're reskinning all of the NPC_XXXX creature models from the OC, such as Aldanon, Sarya, Torio, etc. The versions in the trailer aren't finished, more rough drafts of reskins, but the artists involved are taking pains to differentiate the characters visually as much as possible.

Some of the camera angles are definitely a little out there, but we're trying to give the cutscenes a very aggressive vibe. Also, the trailer isn't showing full cutscenes, just portions of them, so there are instances where you are seeing axis-jumps and other things that are led into more smoothly in the actual game.

Finally, there are certainly a few things in the trailer that won't make it into the final version of the campaign, or will be altered in some way when they do, as we are still getting a full handle on what all we can do, etc. :)

Thanks for the feedback! And I'm glad you liked the dialogue. We're certainly making some minor compromises on the Hive Ward in terms of source material (wooden bldgs in Sigil, oh noes!), but one thing we won't compromise on at all will be the dialogue. The entire text of the campaign will be rife with Planar Cant as well.

-Monty

Edited by MLMarkland

I've been working on a remake of the D&D Capcom arcade game Tower of Doom.

The first area is an inn where you may recruit some NPCs to help you, all of which are based on the characters you could pick when starting the arcade game (Dwarf, Fighter, Cleric & Elf. Will also add the Thief and Wizard from the Sequel. I haven't decided how many of them will be recruitable. 3 to make a 4 player party, 5 to make a 6 player party, or all of them to make a 7 player party.)

In the original arcade game most chapters would, at a point, branch off allowing you to go one of two completly different routes with different challenges.

For instance, in the first stage, after choosing your character, you come upon a caravan that has been destroyed by a band of kobolds and gnolls. After defeating the creatures a caravan guard aproaches you and asks you to either go into the mountains and defeat the creatures massing there, or go into town to help the villagers. Going into town has the harder fighting, but offers a magic weapon as a reward earlier in the game. Going into the mountains is easier, but less spoils, though you do find the stolen caravan goods. After beating either section, you then move on to the next 'chapter'.

My plan is, unlike the arcade game, allow you to go BOTH routes. I'll handle this by having each route offer a reward and punishment for doing it first.

For example, if you go to the caves first, you will find the caravan supplies, get a reward for finding them from the surviving caravan guard, BUT, the town will be ravaged by the gnolls and kobolds and the rewards will be sparse when returning to the town and more villagers will have perished.

If instead you go to the town first, you will save more villagers and recieve a nice magical weapon as a reward for defending the town. However, when you head up to the mountain cave, more enemies will have amassed making the fighting harder and the caravan supplies will have been moved removing the nice gold reward you would have recieved by doing it first.

Each 'chapter' of the Tower of Doom will offer a reward and punishment for doing one section before the other. I think this will provide a nice bit of replayability while at the same time allowing the player to explore more than the arcade game allowed.

When I finish this I also plan on remaking the sequel, Shadows Over Mystara, however that is probably quite a ways a way.

So far the Inn is pretty much done and the openning road is looking good. It still needs a lot of touch up and I'm learning the ropes. I can't wait to start working on other areas like the ship and the swamps, but I plan on finishing the first chapter and then seeing how people like it... suggestions etc.

The first chapter will include a small inn, a caravan road alongside a mountain overlooking a valley, a mountain cave with monsters hording the caravan treasure acting as a base for the attack on the town and the town itself with a few side roads, an inn and a boss fight alongside a river.

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:9971 Heres a site with a few screen shots of the arcade game. All of the shots are from the first 'chapter'.

The first shot shows the fighter on the caravan trail fighting kobolds.

The seconds is a shot of the elf in the mountain caves fighting skeletons. That big rock behind her is actually a secret area. You can push the rock aside and enter a treasure room.

The third is a shot of the dwarf fighting a gnoll and kobold in the city.

The last shot is of the cleric fighting Ogre leader along a river in the city.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Urg, why the crap did Deekin have to show up in the NWN2 OC? Now I have to carry on with my mod.

I haven't substantially messed around with the toolset since prerelease, but I'm in the process of gathering design ideas again. Things will pick up when I finish the OC.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)