NWN2: Toolset Creations

Oerwinde

Also made a texture pack with 136 additional textures.

Some Snow shots seeing as how that seems to be populer.

Those look great, will you be using them with your own project or will the pack be available for anyone to download? :dancing:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Tigranes,

Eh, I here I was hoping it was part of that memory leak they were talking about in the patch notes.

I'm not fond of the static camera but have had to use it when a PC 'talks' to an object as a random camera will sometimes appear inside the object.

Charcoal,

Duel monitors are a great idea. I'll have to make that my next upgrade.

Kaftan,

Nice snow pictures. I was using one of the snow textures available on the vault but decided that I didn't want users to download a hak for my first module, if and when I ever release it.

What mod team are you part of? What's your project?

Wistrick,

What? You don't want to play a blue skinned woman with needles stuck through her thighs? The erinyes row in appearance.2da has the skeleton as that of a human female. I think you're right and there's some way of causing the armor to show.

Supposedly, there are male erinyes though I've never seen one in a game or monster manual. There's no way, as far as I can see, to force a race to take a certain alignment. Erinyes are supposed to all be LE. They'd be an interesting 'divine' champion.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Darque,

If the files are still in your override folder then that's what the .2da editor will open up.

Are you doing the erinyes or dryad?

My first thought is that you haven't correctly set the AppearanceIndex in racialsubtypes.2da. In both racialtypes and racialsubtypes there's a column called Appearance. Don't use that column; use ApperanceIndex.

If that's not the problem, post the rows from racialtypes and racialsubtypes, along with their row numbers and I'll figure out where the bug is.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Wistrik,

What? You don't want to play a blue skinned woman with needles stuck through her thighs? The erinyes row in appearance.2da has the skeleton as that of a human female. I think you're right and there's some way of causing the armor to show.

Supposedly, there are male erinyes though I've never seen one in a game or monster manual. There's no way, as far as I can see, to force a race to take a certain alignment. Erinyes are supposed to all be LE. They'd be an interesting 'divine' champion.

Whoa, I didn't notice she had needles through her thighs. :o What I meant to convey is that I don't like their default outfit, especially the way it's painted on. Hezebel's outfit is a little better, but her textures are of a lower quality.

I'll do some playing around with this tonight and see what I can come up with. I wouldn't mind playing as either an Erinyes or a Succubi. It would help make up for the fewer head/body options female characters have. Succubi would probably be better off as some sort of sorceress or female warlock. The default succubi attire would work well for the sorceress class.

Darque,

If the files are still in your override folder then that's what the .2da editor will open up.

Awesome :)

Are you doing the erinyes or dryad?

I did your tutorial.

Figured I'd have more luck than going on my own. :D

Though it would seem I did something wrong. :o

My first thought is that you haven't correctly set the AppearanceIndex in racialsubtypes.2da. In both racialtypes and racialsubtypes there's a column called Appearance. Don't use that column; use ApperanceIndex.

If that's not the problem, post the rows from racialtypes and racialsubtypes, along with their row numbers and I'll figure out where the bug is.

That's probably what I did wrong.

Everything else works except for the dwarf form :)

So I'll go back and dig inside them again.

As a side note: I've been thinking of ways to get around the high end level adjustment of some races.. like the erinyes.

If you're familiar with Savage Species, if it's possible to create new Prcs... it might be possible to create "racial" prcs for the new races.

That way they could start at level 1 as the "Racial prc" and level it up to max for the full race benefits... rather than a huge LA to deal with. :)

Racial Prestige classes are definitely doable and something I've been considering myself. If Obsidian ever patches Dragon Disciple so they get their wings, I could mimic that function with other races.

In fact, racial prestige classes might be a way of allowing even more races into the game than I can currently. I haven't figured out how to unlock genasi but perhaps I could create a 'elemental touched' racial prestige for humans that's only available before level three.

If you're familiar with Savage Species, if it's possible to create new Prcs... it might be possible to create "racial" prcs for the new races.

That way they could start at level 1 as the "Racial prc" and level it up to max for the full race benefits... rather than a huge LA to deal with. :o

Sure, possible. Similar difficulty to what you're trying to do here with a new subrace.

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

Thanks a lot. I'll just silently slink off the thread now.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Racial Prestige classes are definitely doable and something I've been considering myself. If Obsidian ever patches Dragon Disciple so they get their wings, I could mimic that function with other races.

In fact, racial prestige classes might be a way of allowing even more races into the game than I can currently. I haven't figured out how to unlock genasi but perhaps I could create a 'elemental touched' racial prestige for humans that's only available before level three.

Hey, that's a cool idea. :o

You could even do 1/2 races that way.. like the Half Fiends, Celestials, Ogres, trolls, etc.... in theory. :)

I had seen "Black Angel" before but couldn't place the artist. Heh, this guy is awesome.

I might just have to get a new avatar. Unless I find something awesome by Justin Sweet.

Edit: Metal Age influences! *fanboy-squeel*

Sorry for the OT.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Darque:

"Hey, that's a cool idea. :o

You could even do 1/2 races that way.. like the Half Fiends, Celestials, Ogres, trolls, etc.... in theory. :)"

Half-Fiends and Celestials would be a good test.

Lokey is correct that implementing them would be a struggle but there's much less hard coding when it comes to classes as opposed to races.

You know Darque, between this idea and the exterior caves, I've decided you're a modding genius but you just don't know it. You're pretty good at coming up with solutions to my problems.

Heh. I've found that creativity in and of itself is much more crucial for modding than technical skill itself. At worst, you can hire a scripting monkey or whatever to do the scut for you, but you can't buy creativity. You can, however, learn technical skills.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Llyranor:

" Heh. I've found that creativity in and of itself is much more crucial for modding than technical skill itself. At worst, you can hire a scripting monkey or whatever to do the scut for you, but you can't buy creativity. You can, however, learn technical skills. "

Heh, you can't buy creativity but many people are willing to give it away for free.

A slightly related story: I also post on the BioBoards and have a thread dedicated to tutorials for modding .2da files for class creation, custom deities, adding music files, etc. I've received several PMs from people wanting help with this or that problem they'd encountered or just asking for a tutorial on a specific subject.

The other day, I got a PM from a gentleman who'd started a thread on the mod creating board, in which I'd offered to help him with any custom classes he'd been working on. In the PM was a list of what he need from me:

o A group of powerful spells that did "2D10 damage per caster lvl with a 100 foot radius " and "1D10 per caster lvl and 2D4 lvl loss for the opponent."

o A group of classes, all of which had access to all spells of level three or lower an infinite amount of times per day.

o A new warlock class that works on a fatigue system, which I'd come up with and script.

o And since these classes and spells were "already done for us" the real work would be my coming up with all the new models he'd need for his module.

His contribution: cool ideas.

Edited by Maria Caliban

And?

Anywyas, the toolset is okay; but that camera is REALLY annoying now. It spins out of control so it's ahrd for me at least (I';m no genius) taht it's ahrd to get it to stop exactly where I want so I can line up/view things properly.

I finally got used to moving objects relatively easy.

Finsihed my first map. A small walled in town which leaves me with some questions, thoughts, and junk.

1. How the heck do you orient the starting point of a module in the diretcion you want? What s illy question; but sadly I'm forced to ask it.

2. It's annoying that you are forced to manually make buildings/objects non walkable. L0LLERZ!

3. Walls need corner pieces. My walls don't look so gooas I had to double up some of them so there'd be no breaks in the walls.

4. I now realize that buildings come with premade doors. However, do doors resize when buildings do? In my practice mods earlier it didn't seem to do so.

Back to my never c=going to complete modules for both NW games.

R00fles!

P.S. The BETA has really slowed the loading of the game. Instead of a couple of minutes max; it's more like 5 minutes. Doesn't seem to effect in game loads though; just loading the game from Windows.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1. select starting point, rotate. Exactly the same as nwn1.

2. You do? I didn't need to.

3. Not sure about that, haven't really played with interiors.

4. Yes, doors resize when buildings do, if they are part of the buiding. Otherwise, you just copy the scale - takes 2 seconds.

"1. select starting point, rotate. Exactly the same as nwn1."

That's what I thoguht. Doesn't seem to work. The arrow and facing always points downwards.

"2. You do? I didn't need to."

Harumph.

"3. Not sure about that, haven't really played with interiors."

Neitehr have I. I'm talking about exterior walls. I made a wall for my town sinc eit's iin a middle of a dangerous area so it needs the protection. As it stands, I have a functional wall that looks okayish; but anyone who takes the time to picky bwill eaisly discern the wall is not as good as it should be.

"4. Yes, doors resize when buildings do, if they are part of the buiding. Otherwise, you just copy the scale - takes 2 seconds."

Cool.

It also seems my annoying property insta pop up has been fixed with the BETA as it no longer does it for me. Coolieos.

Edited by Volourn

You just use Select Object to select the starting point. It works for me both in the toolset and in the game, so I really don't know. Same with buildings - what are you having to do to make them 'non-walkable' when you bake?

Anyhow, haven't played with exterior walls yet, either, playing the game too much at the moment. :sorcerer: If what you say is right it's disappointing, even Fallout map editor had basic cornerpieces. (But then, the whole tileset would have fallen apart without corners.)

I didn't bake this area. They were naturally walkable. I ahevn't made them non walkable but I preusme the 'make nonwalkable' option isn the toolset will fix that. I just saw while checking out my moudle I was able to walk right through everything... except ther walls (but, that wa sliklye because they were at the edge of the area anyways).