NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

The npc AI was fine with me in my first game. This game they are pissing me off. They stand back like a bunch of idiots while I'm getting ganged up on. They have done this a couple of times in my second game. Screw 'em. I'll let them go off and attack whoever they want, I just won't help them out. If they die, to bad. I'll stay back and pick the bodies and conatainers of loot.

I've had this happen a few times as well. The trick is to right-click for the context menu, select Broadcast, and tell those dolts to Follow Me!, or Attack Nearest if you're already in combat. (If you click Follow Me while in combat, they'll run to your side and stand there like idiots for a round or more.) The game seems to forget what the AI was supposed to do sometimes.

I don't allow the devs any leeway on AI scripting, especially when unpaid gamers frequently develop better AI scripts using the devs' engine and tools.

Riftworm has more alts??

Slow and boring eh? Mario Cart may be your speed?

Yes, slow.

NWN2 is a lumbering elephant trying to go down one of those slides in a kiddy play park.

Some flees go through but the rest of it bottlenecks at the top and just looks like a fat idiot.

Engine-wise that is. :rolleyes:

Oh and you don't need over a 1000$ worth of machine upgrades to play Mario Cart at 30fps. :angry:

Read these constructive critisisms. Please be objective about it.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/922...er%20Nights%202

Might want to keep an eye on this next link, the trend is falling popularity of the game.

http://www.gamestats.com/stats/gpm/101.html

On forums around the net I'm seeing a lot more votes against than for.

Oh and someone stated that NWN1 has a falling popularity, thats a very simplistic argument, of course an older game is going to be loosing popularity. However, NWN2 has only just been released, so a downward trend of popularity of a brand new game is not good news. Those reviews above are from well developed 3rd parties. They are niether for nor against. The devs should not be influenced by the fanboi club, they should be paying more attention to what proffesional reviewers comment. Argue all you want against their views, it matters little. But the facts are there. Flame away peeps, but time will be the judge of this title. EA stuck their head in the sand with the crap they shoved down BF2 players throats and refused to listen to genuine concerns, which lost them around 40% of their fan base. So when they actually did realise there was a problem, it was too damn late. The damage was done.I am interested to hear from the creators of this game, to see how much gravity they put on independent reviews.

NWN1 was and is a good game, but if too many people loose interest in playing/modding this title, then multiplayer will never be a elephants fart close to as enjoyable as the original. That is what I don't want to see.

Now follows the fanboi club with +<3 arrows of heavily biased opinion to shout me down!

Edited by Why_oh_why

Try posting links to the actual review sites instead of Game Rankings.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

All the reviews that you linked in the other thread were an 8 score or above except for the 1up one. Heck, he even linked to an 8.6 review as proof of people not liking it.

You are supposed to read what the reviewers say, I didn't say people don't like the game...ffs stop getting so defensive. With the advancements of games to date, I would have expected a little better.

Try posting links to the actual review sites instead of Game Rankings.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Riftworm has more alts??

Slow and boring eh? Mario Cart may be your speed?

Yes, slow.

NWN2 is a lumbering elephant trying to go down one of those slides in a kiddy play park.

Some flees go through but the rest of it bottlenecks at the top and just looks like a fat idiot.

Engine-wise that is. ;)

Oh and you don't need over a 1000$ worth of machine upgrades to play Mario Cart at 30fps. :angry:

Such truth in these words. :ph34r:

IB1OsQq.png

Why even bother posting this crap. Speak up for yourself and stand by your own opinions, if they are strong enough you won't need the help of others. :rolleyes:

WTF?

Keywords Independant reviews!

sigh, why even bother arguin with kids...... ;)

First: The same independent reviews that claimed Black & White, Gears of War and especially Oblivion being the best ever? I disagree with them.

Second: Am i and everyone else a kid for disagreing with you because they share another opinion about a game? And can't come up with anything else than throwing the label "kid"? Very mature.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Second: Am i and everyone else a kid for disagreing with you because they share another opinion about a game? And can't come up with anything else than throwing the label "kid"? Very mature.

With age comes wisdom. A wise man once said. "Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright....until you hear them speak" :D

Edited by Why_oh_why

With age comes wisdom.

Not necessarily. If wisdom means "I read on the news that Oblivion is the best RPG ever, therefore it is true", then i want no part of it.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I doubt _oh_ read the review and decided he didn't like NWN2. He probably, and correct me if I'm wrong _oh_, decided he didn't like NWN2 and then found others who share his opinion. Then he came here to discuss his complaints. Fair enough, that's why the boards are here. It's an Obsidz game and we have room for differing opinions.

Just remember there is a line. One of our members recently mentioned that he didn't care to discuss things in a more or less reasonable manner. He had his freinds and he wasn't even making the pretense of a rational debate with anyone else. If that's the case, I will hand you your hat as I show you the door. That's true no matter you stand on any issue.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Can we read before we lemming into net oblivion? Sorry if I seem aggresive, but I get the feeling people are not thinking too much before replying. Hmmm, for that matter, mea culpa!

*edited...Ooops....heh heh, paints himself into corner!

Edited by Why_oh_why

The fanboys are just as bad if not worse than thospe criticizing the game.

It's nearly imposisble to criticize the game at all unless you happen to be a regualr here or else the fanboys will be all over you flaiming you to kingdom kom that they turn around accuse the ones giving the criticism as 'evil'.

Kelverin the Little Troll is the best example of this. He has added nothing to this thread but flame.

The sad thing is Obsidian has been able to accept criticism of NWN2; but their fanboys cannot.

NWN2, imo, is a good game. But, it's NOT a sin for others to disagree with that. Then again, some people like Cant, seem to think because I call the fnaboys out that must mean I prefer NWN1 over NWN2 which I have never said. In fact, I believe in my own thread, I said I slightly prefer NWN2's OC to NWN1's; but you see that simply isn't good enough for fanboys. They accept nothing less than 'NWN1 sucks, and NWN2 is bets game evar'! R00fles!

LONG LIVE OBSIDIAN ! DOWN WITH OBSIDIAN FANBOYS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The fanboys are just as bad if not worse than thospe criticizing the game.

It's nearly imposisble to criticize the game at all unless you happen to be a regualr here or else the fanboys will be all over you flaiming you to kingdom kom that they turn around accuse the ones giving the criticism as 'evil'.

Kelverin the Little Troll is the best example of this. He has added nothing to this thread but flame.

The sad thing is Obsidian has been able to accept criticism of NWN2; but their fanboys cannot.

NWN2, imo, is a good game. But, it's NOT a sin for others to disagree with that. Then again, some people like Cant, seem to think because I call the fnaboys out that must mean I prefer NWN1 over NWN2 which I have never said. In fact, I believe in my own thread, I said I slightly prefer NWN2's OC to NWN1's; but you see that simply isn't good enough for fanboys. They accept nothing less than 'NWN1 sucks, and NWN2 is bets game evar'! R00fles!

LONG LIVE OBSIDIAN ! DOWN WITH OBSIDIAN FANBOYS!

Fanboys are annoying at best. NWN2 sure has a couple warranted problems, such as the camera(jesus!), the production value, some minor gameplay bugs and it hasn't the most unique story ever. But i like it more than NWN1 atleast :dancing:

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

He probably, and correct me if I'm wrong _oh_, decided he didn't like NWN2 and then found others who share his opinion.  Then he came here to discuss his complaints.  Fair enough, that's why the boards are here.  It's an Obsidz game and we have room for differing opinions.

I will continue to play the game regardless, I like the game, just a little dissapointed with the effort produced. Considering other offerings out there. I suppose I should stop reacting to the forums knee jerk reaction death squads.

But as I said earlier, and I shall say again. If too many people get disillusioned with it, we will loose lots of good modders etc and will be poorer for choice later. Just imagine if the people that could in the future include horsies, decide to go elsewhere, no ponies for us. Loss of brainpower = lame mods and little in the way of aftermarket content, this is just an example straight of the top of my head, don't read too much into it.

Just hope someone at obsidian understands what I'm trying to get across. I do understand that the wonderful people at obsidian are working hard to fix things, and I appreciate it very much for the support both past and present.

ps, you have been corrected..... :dancing: lolz