NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

I've got a new impression...

Siege at Crossroad Keep

Best sequence ever.  :bat:

Bah, it reminded me quite a bit of the Helm's Deep sequence they included in one of the LOTR console games (with the big siege towers and everything) and I'd say note for note the LOTR game looked more impressive :bat:

In fact, the Crossroads Keep siege would have been a hell of a lot more impressive were it not for the existence of that similar siege. Not Obsidian's fault, by any means, but... eh.

How much content did they put in exclusively for the prestige classes, anyway? I didn't get any for my warpriest. Besides the Warlock, the core classes are preserved.

I would have been happy had they just altered content for the races, only a few of whom (particularly the underdark varieties) warrant much special content. Moon elves and Gold Elves don't require a hell of a lot of distinction, but drow do, because they're so wildly different than the other subraces.

Actually moon and sun elves do differ from eachother, but that's not worked out better sadly.

Sun Elves (Gold Elves)

Sun elves are primarily found upon the island of Evermeet and because of this, they are less common across the rest of Faer

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm thinking Aasimars and Tieflings will get the cut.  I certainly didn't expect halfgods/demons :p

I am thinking I'll just blanket the dwarves and elves together at the moment.

Well, they are just as powerful as Drow, so you should avoid them by that logic, too. :o)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm thinking Aasimars and Tieflings will get the cut.  I certainly didn't expect halfgods/demons :o

I am thinking I'll just blanket the dwarves and elves together at the moment.

Well, they are just as powerful as Drow, so you should avoid them by that logic, too. :()

Drow are more powerful than either Aasimar and Tieflings. :p

I'm not cutting them based on their power level. Though it's possible Drow will get cut as well, but I can make it work with the setting a bit more.

I haven't played around too much with the content creation at the moment, so I still need to see what I can and cannot change, and so on.

Yeah I noticed that. While it's cool and fun to think about what they could do with them, at the same time they could still just be left overs from the Bioware engine as well.

Plus some of the stuff was cut

(Looks like there was plans for a Cavalier as well)

I think this is going to be fun! :p

Which 2DA (or perhaps somewhere else) do all those string references point to? I see things like "LowerName" and whatnot, often with a 5 digit number attached to it, and that looks like the meat and potatoes of the custom strings.

Also, is there a way for a module to load up a custom .2DA for feats, rather than the default one. I'd rather not overwrite the current one, since I'm planning on making this mod for release and stuff like that is just a pain, since it means I have to tell people to make backups and whatnot.

Played for about 5 hours.

NPCs are great, voice acting is sometimes very good, sometimes horrible.

Some music and sounds are recycled, meh.

Story is good so far, but campaign and area design by itself feels waaaay too linear (I didn't make it Neverwinter yet).

Also, I don't know what is the big issue with the camera I keep hearing about (except when a building is in the way).

Well, I can say that it lives up to my expectations (so far). :(

Changing 2das for your module shouldn't effect others' game. It should only infulence the module. I know, because 2das - espicially spell ones - are changed all the time in NWN1 modules/PWs, and I never have to backup anything as a player.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What scenes did everyone get?

My ending was:

I kicked the KoS butt. :joy:

My team gets trapped in the ruins. :(

I vanish without a trace. :wacko:

The shadows vanished. :)

Neverwinter came back stronger than ever. :thumbsup:

Brelania became a big player in Neverwinter. :)

Torio Claven goes back to Lusken, and turns out to have switched sides to Neverwinter! :cool:

Bevil became a leader and went looking for me. :unsure:

Daeghun went looking for me. :'(

West Harbor was rebuilt :)

Shandra's Farm became a place for people to pay their respects to her. :)

Kana took what I built at crossroads keep and improved it. :thumbsup:

The Githyanki vanished... whatever. :x

And... the last scene says "There will be a sequel/expansion to tell you what happened" :p

I'm assuming there are different scenes based on what you did?

I'll give the evil version (if I can remember it all).

KOS rises up and spreads his influence

A mysterious avatar of the KoS leads armies of the undead to crush resistance

The shadow spreads to the borders of Neverwinter, not expanding beyond, but dominating the one area

Neverwinter becomes a cesspool of crime, with the Thieves running rampant

DOn't remember what happens to Torio, but I think she works for NW as well

Bevil, dejected and lost, wanders the lands. He is never heard from again

Daeghen, hearing about the Mysterious Avatar, enters the Mere of Dead Men, where he is captured and imprisoned in a tree, where he is tortured by all that watch that wish it for all eternity (This picture was particularly creepy).

Crossroad Keep becomes a fortress of evil, with Throngs of the Undead populating it.

I may have gotten some of those wrong, but that's roughly what happened.

I personally (which I've posted somewhere already) didn't like the ending at all. Basically I really disliked everything from when you teleported to the final area.

And I don't like being left without a sense of closure. But if there is an expansion down the road, I may warm up to the ending

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree that there isn't a sense of closure. Sure, it's anticlimactic (You defeat the KoS, and in the process get killed). It reminded me a bit of the Fallout ending, where you do everything, and then get exiled. The presentation maybe could have been a bit better. Maybe after the KoS is dead you can try and run away, but have the door collapse before you can run.

I don't mind an unhappy ending, so I suspect I'm not as disappointed as others, but I'll admit a bit of me was just like "Oh. Well..that sucks" when I found out I had kicked the bucket.

Well, I'm not really unhappy about it.

Just 10% numb and 90% :joy:

My guess...

the expansion will be a BG2 ToB style thing where you start in another plane

As a side note: I think :thumbsup: should be DR's official smiley :thumbsup: