Pet Peeves

x1Predator

I'm posting while hungover. Am I cool? No? I'll go stand over here then...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pop - that was minor surgery?  What happened to the hand? It looks a bit like some spiders or ants had lunch while you were sleeping. :blink:

Yeah, there were some cysts on the wrist joint that they removed. Took about 20 minutes. It looks bad because it's drenched in iodine, and was subject to some swelling (they used a tourniquet)

Edited by Pop

Those people who walk up to you and give out Bibles while babbling on about Jesus as if everyone else should give a ****  and convert to their religion...

i discovered the greatest technique to deter people like that

just meow at them and keep walking. they don't know what the hell to think, it's brilliant! :D

my main pet peeve is people at work who ask infuriatingly stupid questions

and i have to be.... polite.... :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I just discovered another pet peeve: when I'm mentioned in a thread (about p0rn, no less!) and it's closed before I have a chance to reply. Gaah!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A big pet peeve of mine are smiley faces on message boards. All of them, and emoticons.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest The Architect

What gets me with the whole "I'm posting while I'm drunk" thing is that if you were drunk, why would you be posting on some forum for? There are plenty of other things that you would usually do when you're drunk, but to me, posting on a forum while drunk would be way down on the list, if you know what I mean.

About the topic, I absolutely loathe people on the mornings who brag about how goddamn drunk they were last night. Gee, I thought you were bloody annoying and obnoxious enough that we draggede you out of the party. Too bad you don't remember a thing. Otherwise you'd be ashamed of how miserable you made the otehr partygoers feel. ****wit.

Yeah, you get that. I remember when a mate of mine told me about how he got drunk at some party he went to on the weekend and ended up vomiting all over the carpet and the couch. He had to clean up the vomit and then leave the hosts house, because the host was naturally pissed off.

I knew he was bragging about it, and spoke as if it was something to be proud of. When he told me, I said to him "You're actually proud of that? ****." I mean, mate or no mate, I wasn't going to pretend that what he did was awesome, because it wasn't.

So yeah, it bugs me off too when anyone brags about how they got drunk at some party. Especially if they did something that was embarrassing and moronic, like what my mate did.

Edited by The Architect

I clicked over here as fast as I could to tell you guys about how I really hate when people say "y'all"

See if you guys can do something about that for me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Howdy y'all, is the same as "G'Day mate". :angry: I hate Yobs, and Bogans. Architect's friend sounds like one of them.

I have developed an irrational (perhaps) dislike of all Australian slang, "Little Aussie Battler," "Fair Dinkum," "true blue," and John Howard.

Nationalism.

My mouse has a mind of it's own again.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Drunk angry people.

Yeah, "angry drunks" are a pet peeve of mine. I'm talking about the particular subgenre that wants to go start a fight after having a few drinks.

Why get mad? Just put on some good music and play some beer pong, flipcup or your game of choice if you're at home, or just shoot the breeze with your buds if you're at a fine drinking establishment. There's no need to put on your too-tight polo shirt and shove your way to the bar, secretly hoping somebody shoves back so you can "start something."

Although I'm ususally a very happy drunk, a few weeks back I almost fell victim to one of these Richards. It was about 2 a.m. My friends and I were in a great mood after a night reminiscent of the old college days. However, as we were leaving the bar, some guy yelled a few smartass remarks my way. Although the prudent course would have been to keep walking, I couldn't resist yelling a few right back at the guy and hoisting my middle finger in his general direction.

I don't recall what the guy said, or even what I said in return. But the fact is that he almost goaded me into doing something stupid (I could barely stagger home at that point, let alone throw a punch) and fairly against my nature. Luckily my friends steered me out of the bar without further incident, so no harm was done - either to me, him, or my spotless reputation. :D

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I don't like drunks in general. If you are going to get drunk and wasted do it at home. At the store I work at drunks come in act all stupid like to the point I had to throw them out. Also they get pissed at me if I don't sell them beer.

If you can't walk straight, talk without slurring your speech, or get your wallet out without doing a tailspin to the floor then I won't sell you beer. Oh, what gets me is that some of these people come driving in. If a drunk person drives in my lot I get their license plate number and call the police immediately on them. Last thing I want is some drunk driving on the road.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

R.A. Salvatore's way of writing dialogue for Catti-Brie and the dwarves in general. But particularly Catti-Brie. I can't stand it. I can't stand it. I can't stand it....

I love Drizzt's character, story, and some of his foes, but I loathe Salvatore's writing - tho he has gotten a bit better over the years.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I dislike emoticons generally, but have got used to them. It's like speaking Latin when in Rome.

Why dislike all Aussie slang? It's no worse than any other slang...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you're going to dislike slang, Aussie's has nothing on ValleyGirl-Speak.

I kind of like cowboy slang myself..including y'all. In speech at least. It does look a bit silly in print.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sports commentators, especially when debating on TV with other sports commentators.

It's like someone being exchanged for someone else for some sports could mean the end of the world and talking about it has some importance in preventing said end of world.

Sports is nothing more than entertaiment. Get over yourselves for frak's sake!

Howdy y'all, is the same as "G'Day mate".  :angry: I hate Yobs, and Bogans. Architect's friend sounds like one of them.

I have developed an irrational (perhaps) dislike of all Australian slang, "Little Aussie Battler," "Fair Dinkum," "true blue," and John Howard.

Nationalism.

It bugs me when Howard rambles on about "mateship" being something greater than "friendship". It's a load of hairy bollocks.

I dunno. I think being mates is better than friends. But mateship? That sounds very un Aussie to me.

-Elwood Blues