Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

The sergeants are:

Bevil, from West Haven, who ends up in your Keep

Light of Heaven, fight in Llast, Merchant Quarter, Keep

Jalboun, the mercenary of Sydney Natale when she ambushes you with the Animus Elemental. You can simply offer him double the pay and he will fight with you. Keep him alive and he will become a seargeant.

Katriona, Casavir's buddy at Old Owl Well.

I think that's it, really. Apart from that you can get the various merchants to come in (armor, weapon, drow mage at fire giant prison, deekin, and i think one more), Joy the dancer, Kistrel the spider, the Blade Golem, etc.

My human fighter saved the same "magical" spider, with no Lolth references, and all else in that area played the same way. Seems quests don't vary from class to class, though some text/dialog may vary.

Well that sucks. I thought the devs were smart and used race specifics on some encounters. Guess it was just a race check when it came to the dialogues.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just finsihed the Ruins.

I love the Gem Caves including the soul gem puzzle. Great xp and loot to be had there as well.

The rest of the ruins were pretty good.

The Temple of Seasons despite the pimping it got prior to release as a HUGE dissapointment though I don't know if it was because of a bug or something I did.

I walked in, and saw the Ice room. Lockpicked a door, got the statue, and completed the ritual. Why the heck didn't I get to see the other seasons - the other two doors in the place had open locks DCs of 99, and no key or anything available to open them. No matter as I had accomplished what I needed to do there. Still, WTF?

Did some more work on the Keep. Trained my men, and upgraded their equipment. Got some recruitment there. Got Deekin to come to the keep as well.. I gotta say compared to the other Keep Stores, his ph@t lewt isn't so ph@t! Wut's up with that!?! Did like the fact you got to see his perspective on SOU,a nd HOTU's campaign. LOL

Paved the roads, fixed up the master bedroom, and tinkered with the golem some more. Got a nice sideshow of Sand and Grob having with it. I wodner what it means...

Crafted my first magic weapon. A +3 weapon that does 2d6 divine damage against evil. Screwed up the naming of it because that system was chetaing. It had alreayd had the editing started, and I did the unfathomable thing of hitting 'enter' to name it myself. LOL They should add an 'edit' button so that doesn't happen or you can at least fix. BOOOO!!!!

I LOVE the adventuring party you got working for you. I hope I didn't get them killed by mentioning the King of Shadows to them. Hehehe!!

Just reached Haven. I hope the gargoyles and shadow mastiffs I spotted from the outset are gonna challenge me.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Temple of Seasons despite the pimping it got prior to release as a HUGE dissapointment though I don't know if it was because of a bug or something I did.

I walked in, and saw the Ice room. Lockpicked a door, got the statue, and completed the ritual. Why the ehck didn;t I get to see the other seasons - the other two doors in the place had open locks DCs of 99, and no key or naything available to open them. No matter as I had accomplished what i needed there. Still, WTF?

I think there is something wrong with that then. There is supposed to be a fight in each room. After you complete each fight you should have the proper door open to send you on to the next season room. -_-

a) I haven't had as much time to play (too much time working and posting, I guess).

b) At times I have to take a break due to certain reasons.

c) I waste a lot of time managing the mess of an inventory espicially after ph@t lewt runs!

you have to read the books in each room, volourn, to get the seasons to work right. unfortunately for me, once i beat the first room (winter), i saved. when i reloaded and went to spring, it was as if i had already beaten it, too. then i couldn't get into the other seasons, so i just went into the statue room via pick-lock as well. i've reloaded and i'm going to do that whole map again since i sorta screwed up the orc thing as well (in short, EVERYONE ended up dead... hehe).

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

My human fighter saved the same "magical" spider, with no Lolth references, and all else in that area played the same way. Seems quests don't vary from class to class, though some text/dialog may vary.

Well that sucks. I thought the devs were smart and used race specifics on some encounters. Guess it was just a race check when it came to the dialogues.

Having a Druid in the party could make a difference as well.

And having just reached Act 2 again, I still have no problems with the murder accusation.

The crime was committed on Luskan soil, and there's an extradition treaty between Luskan and Neverwinter (Nasher comments how he regrets the day he ever signed anything with a Luskan seal on it). And not unlike real-life politics, he manipulates the system by allowing you to become a squire to avoid extradition. Then the trial can commence in Neverwinter, where hopefully appropriate justice will be served.

And clearly Nasher values Law and Order, because he still reluctantly allows for the Trial by Combat should you prove your innocence.

Edited by alanschu

How odd, I didn't get this option.

I had to obliterate it. :aiee:

How foul. Lolth will curse you now. :dancing:

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

My problem (one of many) with this game is that you can't really be that evil (I went with joining up with the Watch route way back when). I like it, it's just not anything to phone home about. Kinda like that TV show you watch if it's on, but won't look for.

Most of the evil you can do so far has been K1 evil (aka, mugging people). The exception is that I've been able to kill one party member. That will teach he/she to fail influence checks with me.

There is one obvious betrayer. There is a hint that it might not be his/her fault tho. There might be two, I'm about to find out. Almost done, apparently. May I add the path finding is ridiculously bad in the area I'm currently in

However, the person I killed gives you his/her equipment before leaving (if you fail a influence check, and I never used him/her). As an evil character, I wasn't about to allow them to leave me like that, and I wasn't going to miss a chance to do something actually evil for once.

EDIT: Is there actually romances in this game. I never really pursued them, but Im curious if they exist

Edited by kumquatq3

There is one obvious betrayer. There is a hint that it might not be his/her fault tho. There might be two, I'm about to find out. Almost done, apparently. May I add the path finding is ridiculously bad in the area I'm currently in

There are several people that might betray you. Depends on influence checks mostly.

And stripping them of their equipment won't work. :p

There are several people that might betray you. Depends on influence checks mostly.

....really? I thought that there is only one guy that locks the gate open. That can be anyone?

....really? I thought that there is only one guy that locks the gate open. That can be anyone?

Oh, that part there is only one as far as I know... :p

And stripping them of their equipment won't work. :thumbsup:

I'll just take their uber weapons that I spent a lot of coin on from them.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

And stripping them of their equipment won't work. :thumbsup:

I'll just take their uber weapons that I spent a lot of coin on from them.

No no, see what happens is

*spoilers*

Undead Black Garius makes whoever turns on you turn on you, and if you took away their stuff beforehand I believe he just gives them new ****. He says something along the lines of "Took their stuff, did you? Clever, but it doesn't matter."

Into chapter 3.

jerro's Haven was pretty cool. Loved the demons espicially the female ones. I loved Elanees' reaction to her come on. Ha! It's obvious Elanee the Elf wants to jump my Dwarf's bones. And, when I told thats exist demon to pike off, I thought for a second that Elanee was gonna just take my clothes right then and there. Heh.

Shandra is awesome, and died a noble detah. I would have wished they'd have given a top secret oiptional way to save her (if ther eis one meh). Shandra rocked, and she died with all the goodies I gave her!!!!

As for her grandpa. Bah. Another retard gets forced on me! BOOOOO!!!!!! The guy is a scumbag, and deserves hard justice!!!!!

Start of ch3 is rather cool. Did the Never Dungeons which have chanegd since NWN1...

On my way to Highcliff to save them AGAIN from lizardfolks! E00fles!

I wish peons would stop harassing me! And, I notice now that the game allows you 4 allies of your choosing now. Cool beans!!!

I am level 16 nearly 17. My ac is nearly 40 now. My group is now carrying about 60 heal potions as well as other sorted magics.

NWN2's bag of holdings (as well as magic bags) are much better than NWN1's. That's for sure.

:thumbsup::brows::sorcerer:

All of Shandra's loot is given to Ammon Jerro when she gets pwned.

I keep getting the feeling that Shandra's death was a big middle finger from JE Sawyer to those RPGers that demand love interests, given his expressed contempt for the concept of romance. But it could be the case that he had nothing to do with that particular part of the story. So it's probably just me.