Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

And, now, I am set up for the destruction of Ember despite no evidence of any such thing. Lord Nasher has become even more retarded. R00fles!

THat's not true. THere's witnesses fingering you at the scene, executing innocents.

Oh really? That must explain why NO evidence or witness of the sort has been AT ALL since the start of the act. *shrug*

This must all come up in the middle of the trial. What a coincidenk. :shifty:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh really? That must explain why NO evidence  or witness of the sort has been AT ALL since the start of the act. *shrug*

This must all come up in the middle of the trial. What a coincidenk. :shifty:

Tell me something. If you have a witness to the horrible slaughter of an entire village, would you parade this person around in plain sight? ;)

And you actually find the witness while looking for evidence to clear your name.

No. But, considering that lord Nasher is on your side; you'd think he'd be more forthcoming off what evidence is against you and deman the Luskans to back up their accusations with facts - be that witnesses or evidences.

This idea that the PC can be fingered practically randomly is silly. It's beyond illogical that lord Nasher and co would believe *anything* that Luskanites say without soemthing to back it up. And, he surely would tell the PC everything he knows...since, you know... we're on his side.

R00fles!

No. But, considering that lord Nasher is on your side; you'd think he'd be more forthcoming off what evidence is against you and deman the Luskans to back up their accusations with facts - be that witnesses or evidences.

This idea that the PC can be fingered practically randomly is silly. It's beyond illogical that lord Nasher and co would believe *anything* that Luskanites say without soemthing to back it up. And, he surely would tell the PC everything he knows...since, you know... we're on his side.

R00fles!

Yes, but remember that you are not being fingered "practically randomly." The is the Luskan ambassador that is accusing you. I'm sure if it was just some random person accusing you that it would be dismissed on account of the other person being a jerk or some such.

Ah well. Just another good idea wasted by illogicies. :shifty:

Consideirng the fact that NW and Luskan hate each other, you'd think Nasher would require HARD EVIDENCE and then he's SHARE it with one of his loyal soldiers. *shrug*

He hangs out near the first orc cave you go to, and later at the githyanki base.

Man, this game loves to jerk me around with party formations. Without my input, it stuck that CE Bishop in my party (and now Sand, but I like him). I'm glad to be rid of Bishop finally, I wanted to run him through slowly once or twice, with a twist now and then, every time he berated one of the women in the group.

We managed to save Shandra and now I have a five-person party, since she counts as a 'free' NPC according to the game. Aside from not being able to kick her out, she functions just like the others as far as what I can do with her equipment and when she levels. A similar thing happened with the commander of Fort Locke, but I had less control over him. Shandra's only 'free' while she's 'training'. So you don't necessarily need to use a console command to get a five person party, just save Shandra. (Yeah I know, that's too limiting.)

I just did my squire night out and to my surprise, Shandra showed up for a friendly encounter, and here I was trying not to be overly warm to her, what with Elanee in the group.

I'm not looking forward to the next forced party change. I just get the group I want and the game switches them around on me. In this regard I prefer the freedom NWN gave me with henchmen. Oh well, as I said before, it's nothing I can't do differently when I make my own modules. (My NPCs will stick around as long as you let them, and the module will never force a party change. I hate that crap.)

There are a lot of caves... I found myself thinking "great, not another cave..." every time I saw another hole in the ground. Not as numerous as the caves in NWN, but I certainly won't explore them all in one sitting ever again.

I haven't bothered bringing Neeshka along, since she was getting to the point where she disagreed with everything I was doing. She was the only one complaining, but that didn't stop her. Imoen she certainly isn't; not even close.

Elanee is just a bit warmer than Jaheira, so I can see where the reference fits. Still, I think she accurately portrays the attitude and feelings of a wood elf. (Not that I have a lot of experience with them. :D ) Shandra is interesting, as my experience so far has been multiple rescues where she is always playing tough. Thus her visit during my vigil was a total surprise, but not unwelcome.

Anyway, I have Lord Nasher backing me now, so Faerun better watch out. Hah. Just started chapter 2; haven't seen Fenthick's ghost yet and I've explored just about everywhere possible in chapter 1, so we'll see. (And thanks to the forced party changes, I've had to adventure with nearly every NPC; at least Obsidian was merciful and let me avoid the ultra-annoying bard.)

Just wanted to take a break and write up this ranty post. Despite the annoyances, this game is lots of fun and quite immersive. The Neverwinter side of the story is quite well done, and sort of gives me flashbacks to Ultima IV when I was learning to live by virtues to become the Avatar, although NWN2 does a better job of showing me the world and making the characters come to life.

He hangs out near the first orc cave you go to, and later at the githyanki base.

Man, this game loves to jerk me around with party formations. Without my input, it stuck that CE Bishop in my party (and now Sand, but I like him). I'm glad to be rid of Bishop finally, I wanted to run him through slowly once or twice, with a twist now and then, every time he berated one of the women in the group.

I'd like to do that right now and he isn't even in my party yet.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

A more positive update since my last one:

Act 2's side quests seem to be a lot cooler than Act 1's 9though some I think might have been available in Act 1). Best example is the 'teenagers in dark temple rescue'. Kinda remidned me of an old espisode of Buffy. Very good quest including the hardest battle to date. The teenie boppers were powerful indeed, and their shadow selves were not exazctly nice either.

Sand, and Shandra are about to enter the Volournian NPC Hall of Fame. The painting for her was very touching! I LOVES her! She's ovetaken Elanee though Elanee is also cool.

We all know where Neeshka belongs though I must admit I get a kick of selecteing any and all options that I know she'll whine about - which is 99% of dialogue options. Stupid little girl. No thievery for you!

And, it seems Alanshu was right about the tower shield issue. I must ahve been checking it the attack bonus when myc haracetr was getting +2 to hit due to flanking. the tower shield does give -2 to hit it seems. That seems a fair trade of for an extra ac point. I wish the feat for it would actually show that in that description. R00fles!

Am level 12 now, and kickin' butt. Just entered Port Llast.

Fenthick's inclusion would ahve beena cool surprise if they actually gave him a rela story - through dialogue or whatever. He ended up just being another monster - though a fast moving little bugger. Not much of a threat though. Poor guy doesn't get a breka. He didn't even really betray Neverwinter in NWN1. Dumb Nasher.

:wacko:

Oh really? That must explain why NO evidence  or witness of the sort has been AT ALL since the start of the act. *shrug*

This must all come up in the middle of the trial. What a coincidenk. :aiee:

You obviously hadn't done anything in the game after learning of the charges laid upon you when you wrote this. They tell you explicitly to talk to someone at Port Llast regarding the details of your trial.

The first thing you do when talking to him is learn about a witness.

As for the trial being a sham, well no duh. It's a contraption designed by the people who's plans you are interfering with. As for Lord Nasher's willingness to go along with it, first he his a law abiding citizen. The town of Ember has been annihilated, and you're being cited as the cause. Second, Neverwinter is still recovering from the plague and the war. Greycloaks are all green, and he's concerned about the population at all. Not only that, but it's a major atrocity where the masses are going to want SOMEONE to pay for those crimes. Anyone will do. Just so happens that someone has conveniently pointed the finger to you, the dirty Harborman. I mean, stuff like this isn't even uncommon in actual reality!

I could spoil the whole outcome of the trial if you really want.

Edited by alanschu

Doesn't matter. You are spweing nonsense and your flailing attempt to make exuses for this pitiful trial. It is beyond illogical. Whether you spill the beans or I find out in game, it won't chnage a thing. I don't the logicy of this trial AT ALL.

From what i can tell, the 'masses' of NW don't even believe I committed this crime for a second. Not one personhas said anything negative. So, if Nasher was simply loooking for a scapegoat (like Nasher was); he obviously picked the wrong one.

But, hey, keep spinning yoru wheels in trying to justify the lameness known as The Trial Setup.

It's so obviously a setup, and anyone inclduing the masses can see this a mile away.

Edited by Volourn

TIP/SPOILER, honestly don't read unless your out of act 2:

If Shandra has a magic bag with items in them when she dies, the other Jerro will not only have the bag full of stuff, but everything in the bag will be copied and be in his regular inventory (at least, thats what happened for me)

Might depend on what your relationship is with Neverwinter. I was a member of the guard, and now I'm a knight's squire, so my trial will take place in Neverwinter instead of Luskan. I still have to go to port Llast but I have Sand with me so that won't be a big deal. I've managed to complete every quest with flying colors so far. Lord Nasher is behind me 100%, but must still comply with the law of the land, so off I go to gather evidence.

And yes, that incident with the teen-agers in the crypt was reminiscent of various cults throughout the real world. I did manage to convert two of the gals away from the King of Shadows, however, so not all was lost. The (greater) shadows looked very much like those of BG2, almost like the graphics were copied straight across and applied to a 3D mesh. (Albeit neatly.)

I probably should have suggested that Shandra work for uncle Duncan, instead of inviting her to join my party. Now Elanee is acting like a woman scorned. Ah well, noted for future reference. I do like the portrait of Shandra. >_<

I'm in Port Llast now but had to stop for the night.

One thing I found annoying was all the cutscenes right after wiping out the githyanki base. I misclicked a response and the result was less than optimal, so I wanted to reload a saved game. However, I had to put up with nearly 10 minutes of area loading and cinematic dialog (I tried clicking but it only goes so fast) before I had access to the GUI again and could reload the game (and go through all that crap again.) So my advice is that you make absolutely sure you're happy with how things turned out at the githyanki base before you talk to Shandra and return to Neverwinter.

Wistrik, I'm on the basic same path as you. I'm 100% on NWN's side and got all the bigwigs good=gling me with priase. I udnerstand going through with the trial; but the fact that Nasher 9or anyoen) doesn't tell you about what evidence is being used against you (until you start investigating yourself) is silly.

Adterall, if there was so much evidence, and if the everyoen truly believed you were a mass murderer; I doubt you'd get free reign (incluyding being able to go where you want) and even buy stuff from various merchants and stuff.

That said, I dislike the set up; but the investigation itself is more than cool enough.

P.S. STOP WITH THE SPOILER TAGS IN THIS THREAD!!!! :)

No such thing for this thread. This is a 'read at your own risk' thread. It's not for wussies who will melt at the slightest hint of a spoiler. Yes, I know, I have finished the game and I'd rather not be spoiled; but that's the risk I CHOOSE to take when making this thread.

you just go ahead and set that small fruit, or vegetable, or whatever a kumquat is, straight. :)

"it's my thread and i'll spoil if i want to, spoil if i want to..."

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Doesn't matter. You are spweing nonsense and your flailing attempt to make exuses for this pitiful trial. It is beyond illogical. Whether you spill the beans or I find out in game, it won't chnage a thing. I don't the logicy of this trial AT ALL.

That's because you are blind. Sorry.

From what i can tell, the 'masses' of NW don't even believe I committed this crime for a second.  Not one personhas said anything negative. So, if Nasher was simply loooking for a scapegoat (like Nasher was); he obviously picked the wrong one.

Definitely. That would explain why some people that you bump into want to kill you on sight for what you did to Ember, and exact some vigilante justice.

Torio is taking advantage of the situation, knowing full well that Lord Nasher wants to avoid war because he is not prepared for it, nor are his people. And it's clear that Lord Nasher fully values the Law of the land, and wants to uphold it as best he can. You see more of this in the aftermath of the trial.

Edited by alanschu