First Dragon Age infos revealed!

Morgoth

in any event, you can goes and look up pictures of biowarians from gencon and e3 and even from company picnic. is not pretty.

Or I could just go stop by and say hello :lol:

makes sure you bring doughnuts or cheetos if you stop by...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nah, if we go for something to eat it's usually down the road to one of the restaurants.

am guessing that pizza counts as a restaurant food. in any event, you was talking 'bout going to bio... now you is talking 'bout going out to eat. you gots a hard time staying focused on stuff lately.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nah, if we go for something to eat it's usually down the road to one of the restaurants.

am guessing that pizza counts as a resteuraunt food. in any event, you was talking 'bout going to bio... now you is talking 'bout going out to eat. you gots a hard time staying focused on stuff lately.

HA! Good Fun!

Well, you suggested bringing snacks, which no one does. Instead of getting snacks, we just go for something to eat when we get hungry.

We do go to Boston Pizza on occassion, but typically do not order pizza. Usually pasta or an entree salad. A couple of the guys really like Olive Garden, but that can be a bit rich for my lowly intern blood.

I hardly know everyone at Bioware, but the people I visit fit more the skinny nerd than the fat nerd.

this is getting ridiculous. alan simply wants to be contrarian. so be it.

in any event, anybody that believes that the biowarians not snack at work (gaider? *cough*) is just plain nuts.

and skinny nerds is typical not all that more athletic than priestly sized nerds.

in any event, we is gonna resign self to realizing that alan will simply says white every time we says black... 'least for near fitutre.

get over it chum.

HA! Good Fun!

Get over what?

*chuckle*

ah well, in the spirit of holiday season we is gonna let you off the hook...'cause you has been off the hook for some time now.

is getting pretty far off-topic in any event.

HA! Good Fun!

Says the guy that posts in character for many years ^_^

predictable.

*shrug*

to stay on-topic we does note that if anybody really thinks that combat animations will look keener 'cause biowarians smack each other with fake swords and sticks and catch on film, then we is more than a little surprised. this is their version of madden football animation capture? goes out and film brian urlacher to get lb moves ain't quite same as uncoordinated nerdling biowarians filming each other larp.

HA! Good Fun!

Well, I don't think they let a 300lbs QA-tester or a skinny programmer doing the swordplay. That's why you have animators, who with a little luck are even themselves professionals in fencing or any other sport.

Anyway, I'm happy that Bio even makes endeavours to make the combat "feel" more kinetic, something you usually don't expect from a clicky clicky CRPG maker.

Edited by Morgoth

"That's why you have animators, who with a little luck are even themselves professionals in fencing or any other sport. "

oh sure, we can name lots of animators who is also pro atheletes.

sorry, but trash can lid and stick sword battles is not something we would brag 'bout. 'least for their silly language stuff the biowarians went out and gots a grad student as an expert, but larping biowarians hardly impress Gromnir none.

HA! Good Fun!

It is stat based

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Why wouldn't the game (combat or otherwise) be stat based when the game has stats, classes, races, skills (talents), and the like. What you spekaing about Willis? Even ME and JE whciha re both Action RPGs have stats that effect combat to a degree... so, why wouldn't DA which is supposedly a 'full' RPG?

Hmmm.... :crazy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"That's why you have animators, who with a little luck are even themselves professionals in fencing or any other sport. "

oh sure, we can name lots of animators who is also pro atheletes.

sorry, but trash can lid and stick sword battles is not something we would brag 'bout.  'least for their silly language stuff the biowarians went out and gots a grad student as an expert, but larping biowarians hardly impress Gromnir none.

HA! Good Fun!

vol, vol, vol...

if the guys at ea bragged 'bout how they filmed selves playing flag football to gets kewl new animation captures for Madden 2007, we would has similar criticisms. catch a bunch o' nerdling developers larping is hardly our notion of a kewl new feature... but if some of you folks is impressed, or if you feels some empathy for biowarian physical limitations being attacked by Gromnir, then so be it.

HA! Good Fun!

"This game is gonna suck because.. uh.. the programmers are fat!!1 Yeah, that's it! They're FAT! And thus their game sucks! Because all games made by fat people SUCK! And I've run out of credible arguments for my negativity so I'll just settle for calling everyone FAT! Because that's what they are!"

Except with self-inflicted bad language.

I can't decide if it's unintentionally hilarious or just pathetic..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Promising. "

really?  use film of a bunch o' half drunk and uncoordinated kanadian nerdlings sporting trash can lids and broom handles to be basis for visual representation o' combat for da?  "promising?"  has you seen the bioware crew?  to gets a similarly unathletic group you would have to scour north america for polio victims... or maybe go to a comic book convention. 

if biowarians want feel of live combat, maybe they shoulda' simply watched a kanadian junior hockey game.  'course da would then probably lose teen rating.

HA! Good Fun!

:blink:

Amusing insight.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Poor Grommy, now he starts quoting himself. But we feels some empathy for Groms...mental limitations as well!

HA! Good Fun!

and so the retreat begins for yet another poorly equipped foe.

HA! Good Fun!

The games sounds great after reading the 1up preview.

I especially like the exploration view and the combat view, which is a feature I've been waiting for after playing both the tradional isometric view games and first person or over the shoulder view games.

Tandem attacks and animations and environmental usage with huge monsters...all sounds good to me.

NPCs also taking a more rigid stance according to their alignment. Good.

Have high hopes for this game.

Says the guy that posts in character for many years ^_^

predictable.

The ^_^ face implied it was a joke.

If I was being more serious, I probably would have said something along the lines of:

"Says the guy that kept arguing with me about how crappy the radial menu was in NWN, when I was talking about pause in Multiplayer"

or

"Says the guy that kept arguing with me how pause would not work in a persistent world, when I already acknowledged the point numerous times over (despite never making such a claim either)"

or

"Says the guy that compares the athletic ability of people he's never met before to that of people with polio, because of what he's seen in photographs" (Oh wait...you were probably joking. Hopefully my sense of humour wasn't that far off!)

or

"Says the guy that thinks I'm making stuff up just to 'be contrary,' (when ironically, the only mistake I really made was their food preference. I forgot about their love for the small Japanese food place across the street from their office. I don't usually go with them to that so I overlooked it). Sorry if my experiences dealing with the few people at Bioware I actually hang out with doesn't echo the impressions you get from a picture. I can't really help you there.

or

"Says the guy that starts talking accusing me of believing that Biowarians 'not snack at work [sic]' when I never made such a statement. I said that when I'm visiting them they don't snack."

or

"Says the guy that criticizes people for their anecdotal evidence, despite using his own"

or

"Says the guy that thinks having an OPTION for providing functionality in a game such as NWN for pausing in multiplayer (I cannot stress enough, how OPTION was stated again and again) somehow means that the 'interface' doesn't work for everyone (I particularly enjoyed that one)"

or

"Says the guy that, once shown he was misinterpreting someone's original post, continues attacking a point with the original interpretation despite numerous clarifications from the other side that you're reading things the wrong way." And this isn't from discussions with me, but from discussions I have seen you have with other people. For instance, an issue with you and a certain Bethesda employee had him saying the term 'more realistic' whereas you took it purely as 'realistic' and proceeded to mock him continuously alleging that his claim was absolute realism, which he never did. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a lawyer.

or

"Says the guy that tells me to 'get over it' (and then conveniently shrugs it aside when asked what exactly I should get over), but had no problems making off topic asides in this thread." That thread is precisely the reason why after verifying the incident with other people, I opted on just leaving the conversation about Casavir attacking party NPCs, rather than mention I was wrong. To come in later and see you taking a thread off topic simply because I posted a statement that went against your absolute truth of the "idiocy" of MP in a D&D style game (btw, you also conveniently ignored the references I made to playing MP in games such as IWD, since you were such a stickler for the MP experience being a D&D MP experience, which may have predisposed me to being okay with pausing in MP since we did it a lot there. I take it back, maybe you ARE a lawyer). "Get over it" indeed.

I could continue going on, but that'd probably just be predictable.

and so the retreat begins for yet another poorly equipped foe.

Says the guy that quoted himself.

^_^

Edited by alanschu