First Dragon Age infos revealed!

Morgoth

The pinnacle of gaming will be the game that lets me splatter a city full of zombies in a non-linear game environment, and isn't called Dead Rising. >_<

In an unrelated note: can we please have fewer attacks on each other? :thumbsup:

That would be BG2.  :aiee:

Yes, the pinnacle of computer role playing is a game where alignment, class choice and race had 0 impact on dialogue. :thumbsup:

You are kidding yourself.

No no the pinnacle is obviosuly a game where an npc was given 6 panels to talk about his farts. >_<

quality!

LOLZ

:x

Or we can have an idiot skull follow you around.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The pinnacle of gaming will be the game that lets me splatter a city full of zombies in a non-linear game environment, and isn't called Dead Rising. >_<

In an unrelated note: can we please have fewer attacks on each other?  :thumbsup:

Never meant to attack anyone, just stating a few facts.

Discussions at the old BIS boards proved several times over that most PST bashers have low IQ. :aiee:

Edited by roshan

Or we can have an idiot skull follow you around.

You wish you could make an NPC as cool as Morte. :aiee:

Hell I could make a Volo NPC that would be cooler.

Even Noober was cool compared to Morte.

Noober was the highest point of character development in the BG series.

Edited by roshan

Hi, I'm not attacking anyone. Just having some fun with Roshan. :aiee:

@rosh: I was referring there to good buddy Reekwind.

In all seriousness, Grommy postulated on the possible why's for the failure of PS:T. And I am merely responding that the reason I didn't like it, and why I know some others didn't like it, is that PS:T is a very static game: You walk from place to place and do a lot of reading and that's about it. And a lot of the reading was about really inconsequential yet really drawn out stuff. Like Reekwind.

Plus the cover looked cheesy as hell. IIRC, it was a BIS employee in a wig. Good grief.

PS:T did some OK stuff, but it was doomed to failure, I think. Rightly or wrongly.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It was the pinnacle of the series... and of computer role playing.

I agree

Back on topic: I fear for dialogue system since I don't like Mass Effect style.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

In all seriousness, Grommy postulated on the possible why's for the failure of PS:T.  And I am merely responding that the reason I didn't like it, and why I know some others didn't like it, is that PS:T is a very static game: You walk from place to place and do a lot of reading and that's about it.  And a lot of the reading was about really inconsequential yet really drawn out stuff.

The alien setting was virtually unknown to most CRPG players, so it was a given that trying to market it to people who were familiar with more generic fantasy worlds was a risk that might not work out for the best. That took its toll as well.

As for inconsequential stuff... The Baldur's Gate series and Knights of the Old Republic are grounded on pretty inconsequential elements, too. Players walk from A to B and are drowned out in repetitive combat that most often is irrelevant to their quest. I think Gromnir pointed out that with KoTOR, Bioware remade PS:T with a more recognizable setting, while replacing the reading with combat. I don't think he's too far off from that.

I liked the cover! :)

If the cover was Annah with her saline enhancements and tummy tuck, sales double!

Not many impulse buys on some weird lookign blue guy with a bad do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.