First Dragon Age infos revealed!

Morgoth

Youa re wrong again Sand. NWN OC is an improvement by a mile over BG2. At minimum.

No.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Could you give examples of improved role-playing in NWN's OC?

Heh, no. I can give examples of bad roleplaying though.

Fenthick: jibber jabber Desther is wonderful! jibber jabber

Desther: We Helmites are your only hope. blah blah blah.

Player: I know Desther's a traitor! (offers various lines of reasoning)

Fenthick: True to my name, I am thick and will not accept your sensible reasoning.

Desther: Bah, this fool thinks he can see through my deception.

Fenthick: You need not put on an act around me Desther, I know you to be a caring, honorable soul.

Player: But...

Fenthick: Run along now, Player. Surely Aribeth can give you something more important to do than harrassing poor, hardworking Desther.

I'm not the only one who knew Desther was a traitor shortly after meeting him the very first time I played the game. (And I hadn't read any spoilers either.) So much was obvious, especially after evidence started mounting, but never was I given the option to make a difference. This carried on later with Aribeth and others. I felt like my hands were tied through most of the OC.

I agree that HotU was better, though we were still stuck with the one basic path.

NWN2 is a slight improvement in that there are two possible outcomes for the story. It takes a lot of extra writing and scripting to go much beyond that, so I doubt we'll see much better unless a devoted player does it in a custom campaign.

Edited by Wistrik

HOTU had more than two endings. In fact, it had quite a few.

And, I do agree that the Desther thing was handled poorly as it gave the PC a chance to role-play that they knew (wisdom check and all); but no follow through untilt he story dictated it to be rveealed. Still, that alone makes it a better role-playing game than BG2 which pretty much never used character stats to detrmine what your character could or could not do.

And, whyua re people bring Obsidian games into this discussion? It's irrelevant.

NWN1 OC is better at role-playing than BG2 because of two main things...

- more used of skills in dialogue

- more multiple solutions to quests

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BG2 didn't have "skills" in that regard. Also NWN OC didn't have multiple ways to solve quests. It was kill kill kill.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Not everyone likes BIO. Some laothe them because BIo raped their monnies and sisters.

Others continually whine about them yet go out and buy their games pronto, and play them half a dozen times and still complain how 'crappy' they are.

R00fles!

"Also NWN OC didn't have multiple ways to solve quests."

For a guy who played the OC a lot; you are making things up.

Edited by Volourn

NWN1 OC is better at role-playing than BG2 because of two main things...

- more used of skills in dialogue

- more multiple solutions to quests

Skills in dialogue I can, perhaps fall for, but more solutions to quests than BG2? No way.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Also NWN OC didn't have multiple ways to solve quests."

For a guy who played the OC a lot; you are making things up.

No, I'm not.

"Skills in dialogue I can, perhaps fall for, but more solutions to quests than BG2? No way."

Yes way.

"No, I'm not."

R U S?

Edited by Volourn

Examples, please.

Heja Sverige!!

Have you played the game? If you have, you would have no doubt that what I say is true.

If youa re still going to pretend that NWN OC had no multiple solutions to quests; I'm just going to assume that either a) you didn't play it or b) you are lying.

It's so funny that every, I mean every thread related to Bioware ends up into some sort of whiny NWN bashing.... Oh well. Dragon Age != NWN.

Btw, BG2 is still Bio's flagship. This may change when I finally play JE next year, but we'll see.

Glancing over the DA forums here and there and reading Gaiders comments, I'd say DA may top BG2 easily in every way possible.

Edited by Morgoth

Have you played the game? If you have, you would have no doubt that what I say is true.

If youa re still going to pretend that NWN OC had no multiple solutions to quests; I'm just going to assume that either a) you didn't play it or b) you are lying.

I played the OC either 2 or 1.5 time from beginning to end, and I'm not saying that NWN hasn't got any multiple solutions to quests, I'm saying it doesn't have more than BG2. At best it has the same number of solutions to each quest as BG2. I've been trying to think of a single quest in NWN that had many different possible solutions (3 or 4), and to the best of my recollection there isn't one.

Heja Sverige!!

I'm thinking Bio could have used Karate Kid's help to make some of their games shine a little more.

"Wax on. Wax off."

Heja Sverige!!

Whether you're on the BG2 side, KotoR side, or NWN1 side or all of the above it doesnt matter. The point is, it's Bioware..

When it comes to making games, Bioware Shines.

Yeah, Jade Empire is really shiny. And not much else.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Whether you're on the BG2 side, KotoR side, or NWN1 side or all of the above it doesnt matter. The point is, it's Bioware..

Because Bioware doesn't make Boring, Linear, Ugly, Non Immersive, Easy, and Annoying games, right?

I mean, am I right folks?

HAHA am I right?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I bet Llyr was crying bitter tears, as he posted that "HAHA am I right?" bit.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

This is entirely true. Other companies shine as well, but Bioware makes great games. I didn't care all that much for NWN. I enjoyed my two runs, but I thought it was uninspired. However, BG2 and KotOR1 rank among my favorites.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Because Bioware doesn't make Boring, Linear, Ugly, Non Immersive, Easy, and Annoying games, right?

I mean, am I right folks?

HAHA am I right?

Sounds like NWN. :sorcerer:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.