NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

There is only one person who uses my computer and that is me so I don't give a frak about multi-user load of bull.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

And your point? I am the only one who uses my computer so what is the point of forcing the single and only user to comply multi user standards? If the computer is set up to b multi user then you would have a point but my computer isn't. Single user only. Only one. That is it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Then why do I even bother using a computer if I can't organize my data as I wish and need to? Bloody hell, maybe I should go to console only. At least that way one doesn't get f**ked over by this should of bull.

No, but you don't need to on a console because there isn't much data that is being used.

On my computer I have hundreds and hundreds of gigs being used. I have a very precise organization system that allows me to find files very quickly. If I cannot choose how I can organize my files then what is the point?

Edited by Sand

Can you choose where to place you saved games in any game? Nope.

You just got used to one way system organizes your data for you, now you can't get over the fact that it changed, even though you don't need to do absolutely anything to manage it. Sheesh. How often do you copy your saves anywhere?

Normally my saves are with the install folder of the game itself which is on my game drive where they belong. With the new games coming out the saves are going to my C drive, where my important files are at, where they do not belong. Game information belongs on my game drive and my game drive only.

Edited by Sand

Also add to the fact that my C drive is smaller, because it never needed to be that big, than all my other drives. It is a good 200 gigs smaller than my Game Drive.

Edited by Sand

It's Hades, don't bother him with such trivialities.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have never reformatted my system. I run defrag from time to time but that is it.

There are very obvious reasons why these files should NOT be stored in My Documents. As I have explained in the other thread, My Documents is a frequent location for viruses, worms and trojans. Thus it is scanned by all anti virus programs very deeply.

With NWN2 taking up 3 gegs in my documents, scanning my computer takes HOURS AND HOURS. Thus I can no longer scan my system as often as I used to - this makes my computer vulnerable.

And there is no bloody reason why 1 save file should take up 150 GB of space. Its utterly STUPID to store dialogue files and walkmeshes as part of a saved game!

I did the city watch line of quests and cleaned out the thugs and killed their leader. In act2, I went to the woman in charge of the city watch and she had a new quest for me. Later on I found a house in NW, entered it, and I found the leader of the thugs, who I had killed in Act1, and she assigned me the same quest I already completed for the city watch but on the side of the thugs! She treated me as if I had been a thug all alone. LOL, a simple decision between the watch and the thugs, and Obsidian messes it up.

NWN2 has shown that Obsidian is completely incompetent.

I shouldn't have to. My NWN2 files should be in my NWN2 folder. Such as my Oblivion files should be in my Oblivion folders. Like files in like folders. Makes good sense to me.

With NWN2 taking up 3 gegs in my documents, scanning my computer takes HOURS AND HOURS. Thus I can no longer scan my system as often as I used to - this makes my computer vulnerable.

Longer AV-scan doesn't make your system more vulnerable. Allowing more parts of your file system to be written by a non-privileged user does.

NWN2 has shown that Obsidian is completely incompetent.

No.

Quite frankly, I'm ecstatic about it. Here at the university, one of my pet peeves is when users store their data in the program directories, where anyone can have access to it (we use ZenWorks to create dynamic local user accounts; My Documents folders and such are stored on various servers).

That is all well and good for multiple users. However that is not the case here. One computer. One user.

There are very obvious reasons why these files should NOT be stored in My Documents. As I have explained in the other thread, My Documents is a frequent location for viruses, worms and trojans. Thus it is scanned by all anti virus programs very deeply.

And there is no bloody reason why 1 save file should take up 150 GB of space. Its utterly STUPID to store dialogue files and walkmeshes as part of a saved game!

I feel this is a very strange complaint and has more to do with your personal preferences and isn't a fault in NWN2. All new games i've played recently have also put their savegames under My Documents. This protects your savegames from other users and makes them easy to backup and copy when you reinstall windows or move to a new computer. Storing savegames under My Documents is actually a good thing for most users.

If you must have so many savegames and antivirus gives you trouble then simply tell your AV software to ignore NWN2 savegame folder. Also if your AV software is decent and you act responsibly then there's no need to run scans so often that it would be any trouble no matter how long the scan runs. Leave it on while you go out for example.

Btw if you're going to call something stupid then please at least explain why it's stupid. I don't know anything about the reasons behind those large savegame files but i'm curious.

Edited by Ummi

I feel this is a very strange complaint and has more to do with your personal preferences and isn't a fault in NWN2. All new games i've played recently have also put their savegames under My Documents. This protects your savegames from other users and makes them easy to backup and copy when you reinstall windows or move to a new computer. Storing savegames under My Documents is actually a good thing for most users.

If you must have so many savegames and antivirus gives you trouble then simply tell your AV software to ignore NWN2 savegame folder. Also if your AV software is decent and you act responsibly then there's no need to run scans so often that it would be any trouble no matter how long the scan runs. Leave it on while you go out for example.

Btw if you're going to call something stupid then please at least explain why it's stupid. I don't know anything about the reasons behind those large savegame files but i'm curious.

His point is: What other users!?

IB1OsQq.png

The saves get larger - much larger - as you progress through the game.

Of course its stupid. Theres no reason why a save game should take up so much space.