Battle of the New Atheism

kumquatq3

True that.

However, limited mind cannot understand limitless mind, living brain cannot understand dead brain (even though it may think so) etc.

That falls into same category. Limited human mind can't understand that because it is - as already said - limited :huh:

It does and does not make sense

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

umm...yeah I guess

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Does that mean that if God can be a man, then a man can be God? *awed expression of ambition mixed with childlike glee*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No, that is only with Man Jesus :huh:

Man is just as much God as painting or photo of man is living human

Actually, it would be possible if man achieved certain technological advances. What is more godlike than create life. Something we can already do.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Creating life is not omnipotence.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How about making babies? Does that equal creation?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Creating life is not omnipotence.

No, but it is a step in the right direction.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Conception is always a step in the right direction. :(

kirottu said:

Conception is always a step in the right direction. :(

Then why do all men freak out when the woman says she forgot to take the pill? :)

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't think you're making any sense.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Think on this. The Internet, for better or worse, has the sum of human knowledge. Know lets say that we develop the technology that allows us to integrate the whole of human knowledge in a single human brain. Sure, its not omnipotence but it would be damn close to it.

Also who says that God is omnipotent? If you have been around 14 Billion years or so, you would have a great deal of knowledge so it just seems you would be omnipotent, especially compared to a species that has only been around for a 100,000 years or so.

Think on this.  The Internet, for better or worse, has the sum of human knowledge.  Know lets say that we develop the technology that allows us to integrate the whole of human knowledge in a single human brain.  Sure, its not omnipotence but it would be damn close to it.

No, not even close. Would it be know what I'm thinking right now? The last time you felt hungry for a steak? Or an argument that two random Roman soldiers had about whether or not Hannibal would attack? You see what I mean? Omnipotence means omnipotence.

Hey, it would be close enough for government work. Also, we don't even know for sure that God is omnipotent. He could be just good at faking it.