Mr. Sawyer Owns Us All With NWN2!!!

Volourn

Question:

In what ways can we change the appearance of the PC during character creation?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Actually I can't see what's the deal with camera in NWN1, I could easily rotate (hold mouse wheel) and zoom without spending too much time on it."

I agree. NWN1's camera angle/control was aweosme and easy to change if you disliked a certain view.

And, Grom is correct about the IE party control stuff.

I dislike that view. If they used a camera view like Kotor or Bloodlines it would have been nice.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"It has a 3rd person view and a pseudo first person view where you vision is limited at looking at the ground and barely a foot ahead of you."

Oh really? How quickly they forget that NWN has 3 view options. WOWSERS! :blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think the NWN 1 camera control is the best I have seen in any game.  It is one of the aspects I do like about it.

I agree. I like being able to zoom in or out. Helpful when you are in a fight, you can zoom out and see where the enemies are at.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"It has a 3rd person view and a pseudo first person view where you vision is limited at looking at the ground and barely a foot ahead of you."

Oh really? How quickly they forget that NWN has 3 view options. WOWSERS! :o

Yeah wowsers! Just turned on the game to check and found it under Controls. Still not that great.

2010spaceships.jpg

Heh. I've always used the topdown view. Never found the others useful.

that was Gromnir's experience.

some folks really want to hate nwn, as if there ain't 'nuff good reasons to hate nwn, but even the bio haters gets tired 'bout complaining of limited party-size and subpar writing.

camera views? Camera Views! nwn sucks, so their camera views must suck too. bioware and their freaking worthless camera views. i hate bioware. they ruined nwn with their limited camera view options.

whatever.

as long as they got topdown and we can unlock and move camera 'round while game is paused we will be satisfied. the other "options" all seemed pretty worthless and largely unnecessary.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

some folks really want to hate nwn, as if there ain't 'nuff good reasons to hate nwn, but even the bio haters gets tired 'bout complaining of limited party-size and subpar writing.

camera views? Camera Views! nwn sucks, so their camera views must suck too. bioware and their freaking worthless camera views. i hate bioware. they ruined nwn with their limited camera view options.

whatever.

as long as they got topdown and we can unlock and move camera 'round while game is paused we will be satisfied. the other "options" all seemed pretty worthless and largely unnecessary.

HA! Good Fun!

Sometimes Gommie knows his stuff.

2010spaceships.jpg

whatever.

HA! Good Fun!

Heh, I didn't like NWN because the main quests consisted of retrieving objects placed in caves in the center of 4 satellite areas connected to the main town area. And you did this 3 times. It felt sloppy, like a half-assed PnP dungeon crawl. I was okay with the dialogue writing, and I thought the camera system was pretty ****in' good.

Maybe I didn't detect your sarcasm to an adequate degree.

Edited by Pop

So did anybody figure out what C & D bugs were, exactly?

A = Gamebreakers. Hard/soft crashes.

B = Major gameplay bugs.

C = Graphical issues (clipping, stuttering etc.,) AI, general gameplay bugs.

D = Text (spelling, grammar etc.,)

Just a guess of some examples.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The faces look kinda bland after Oblivion. Would have been nice if they could have stolen that feature. You never got bored with character creation even after you got bored with the game.

Looks cool all around though, the only way is down with expectations like this.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.