Cartoons

Dark_Raven

:shifty:

I didn't even realize it was on DVD.

Must get it!!!!!!! :)

Season 1

Season 2 Part 1

I didn't even know the Gummi Bears had a cartoon...they were just a snack..

gummi_size2.jpg

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I will totally be getting those in the near future :shifty:

Edit: Why the heck did they do a "part one" though, instead of a full season?

Because season 2 was 52 episodes. Transformers did the same thing. Releasing 2 26 episode sets for each 52 episode season.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

THE PIZZA CATS ARE SAMURAI

AND I'D LIKE TO NOTE

THEIR ANTICS TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

LIKE A FURBALL IN MY THROAT

WE KITTENS ARE A SPECIAL BREED

WE NEVER CALL RETREAT

WHENEVER BIG CHEESE KNOCKS US DOWN

WE LAND UPON OUR FEET

SO HAIL TO THEE OH PIZZA CAT

JUST RING YOUR LITTLE BELL

AND THOUGH YOU MAY BE PEN AND INK

WE KNOW YOULL FIGHT LIKE

PIZZA CATS

Off the top of my head:

G.I.Joe

He-Man

She-Ra :">

SilverHawks - Second best theme song ever

Thundercats - Best theme song ever!

Blackstar

Gummi Bears

Gargoyles

Transformers

Voltron

Battle of the Planets(G Force, Gatchaman)

Tailspin

Reboot

Shadow Raiders

Edited by astr0creep

IIRC, I stopped watching cartoons about the time the Power Rangers made their debut. Things just started to get too hyper. Cartoons these days are enough to give a guy a seizure.

Power rangers and pokemon and its clones killed traditional cartoons. :mellow:

The quintessential 80's cartoons for me:

Thundercats

He-Man

Transformers

Worthy of mention - Spiderman and friends, the one with Iceman and Firestar. ^_^

In the 90's:

X-Men

Spiderman

Animaniacs

Ren and Stimpy

Now its Stuff like South Park and Drawn Together. The last "all ages" shows I enjoyed were Justice League and Samurai Jack.

Besides those shows I've watched a lot of cartoons (thank you saturday morning and after school shows) but the ones that have stood the test of time are the Looney Tunes shows and Tom and Jerry (pre 60's)

Edited by Surreptishus

I'd like to point out that Korgoth of Barbaria is ****ing awesome.

Strictly for adults of course but created by people who usually do kid's cartoons.

If Adult Swim doesn't pick it up I'll be basically the saddest man in the world.

No jokes you jerks.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Johnny Quest.

Dude, you're old.

You really can be a disagreeable little punk when you want to be can't you? :mellow:

Actually I picked the cartoon figuring no one would recognise it. It was pulled from television in the 60's for being too violent ( knifing and shooting ) for kids on Saturday mornings. :D

Jonny Quest was originally, like the Flintstones, a prime-time television cartoon on ABC. It was hugely successful in 1964-65 but because each episode ran over budget, Hanna-Barbera opted to show the show continuously in re-runs rather than make new episodes.

Like a lot of H-B shows, it ran off and on throughout the 60s and 70s on various schedules (ABC, NBC, CBS, syndication). It was here that some felt that the originally made for prime-time episodes weren't fit for kids, and in 1972 (8 years after the last new episode was made) the show was "edited" for its content but continued in syndication. Its debatable if it was ever "pulled" because the show wasn't, as far as I can tell, ever consistantly part of a line-up past their intial prime-time season (as they only had one season worth of shows).

I used to love Jonny Quest as a kid.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thundercats

Tenchi Muyo

Transformers (old school)

Dungeons and Dragons

SWAT Cats

Animaniacs

Simpsons

Bubblegum Crisis (original and 2040)

Johnny Quest (both versions)

Felix the Cat

Reboot

Justice League Unlimited

Xiao-Lin Showdown

Batman- Animated Series

Static Shock

Batman Beyond

Voltron

Robotech

Edited by Judge Hades

If Adult Swim doesn't pick it up I'll be basically the saddest man in the world. 

I'm pretty certain they've already picked it up:

On June 18th, Adult Swim ran a bumper announcing Korgoth was officially picked up as a series. No information has been released as to when the show will begin to air new episodes.

And I know what you mean, homes:

Korgoth Of Barbaria Episode 1,

Part 1

Korgoth of Barbaria is the name of an American animated television series created by Aaron Springer, the storyboard artist of SpongeBob SquarePants. The pilot episode first aired in the United States on June 3, 2006 at 12:30 AM (EST) on Adult Swim. On June 18th, Adult Swim ran a bumper announcing Korgoth was officially picked up as a series. New episodes will air in September. [1]The series follows the exploits of the title character Korgoth (voiced by actor Diedrich Bader), and parodies Conan the Barbarian, as well as the sword and sorcery genre in general. The pilot was storyboarded by Aaron Springer with the animation directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. The Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal musical theme is composed by Lee Holdridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korgoth_of_Barbaria

Anyway, don't judge me: Futurama, Cowboy Bebop, The Simpsons, Johnny Bravo, Duck Dodgers, Justice League (+Unlimited), the one with the fat dude and the huge killer transformer and that, uh, hip-hop influenced anime: Samurai Champloo. Like, I know they can - with a few (obvious) exceptions - be pitiful, dumb and just plain awful at times, but I can't stop watching, I can't slap myself silly and bash the damn telly dead - cause I'm a sad sad nerd trapped inside a dashing young man's body. Well, except the dashing part: I'd settle for sexy, though plain ain't that be an adjective.

I remember that there were Street Sharks, and that I had some of the toys, but I just don't remember anything beyond that really.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If there was a cartoon on that involved some sort of cape, superpower or weapon I was watching it.  From Thundarr the Barbarian to Super Friends to GIJoe to Hercules.  It's too bad the rose colored glasses of youth can't make these shows good any more. :(

This morning I did manage to watch the first episode of the new Legion Of Superheros cartoon.  Although not great, I thought it was better than some of the tripe they play for kids nowadays, like Shaolin Showdown or Lunatics:Unleashed.

Thudarr was a great one (who can beat a post-apoc setting with a bisected moon to light the night sky?) for Saturday mornings, along with The Thunderbirds. Along with all the classic Looney Toons from the forties (Bugs Bunny, etc alia).

I recall the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and even the Transformers, but I was too old to see any merit in them.

He-Man was great for a bit of camp derision at the genre.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Street Sharks was the poor man's Ninja Turtles. And I loved 'em.

In retrospect, there's a bunch of others. I recall watching Reboot a lot (although some episodes, especially with Hexidecimal, scared me too much). Beast Wars, known as Beasties here in Canadia, was also very popular with me.

Gargoyles was great; I had Gargoyles pajamas that I wore for at least five years. It had a somewhat darker tone to it than most other Disney's shows. I enjoyed it. My favortite character was Bronx.

My Dad would watch Ren and Stimpy with me. And I remember Animaniacs for the "Helloooooooooo Nurse!".

GOOD TIMES.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Animaniacs was sweet, and I still have a ton of the old Ninja Turtles episdoes on video, and a bunch of old Ninja Turtle toys.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Thundercats and Ghostbusters were the only kids TV cartoons that really stayed in my memory after all these years.

I do remember an anime version of the three musketeers where Aramis was a chick (and a hot one too).

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thundercats and Ghostbusters were the only kids TV cartoons that really stayed in my memory after all these years.

I do remember an anime version of the three musketeers where Aramis was a chick (and a hot one too).

Ahh yes, The Real Ghostbusters. I liked it but was irked by what they did to Egon's hair.

The only anime version of the musketeers i remember was an anthropomorphic version. It was called Dogtanian and The Three Muskehounds. Heh, that also reminds me of another anime style epic cartoon: The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Ahh yes, The Real Ghostbusters. I liked it but was irked by what they did to Egon's hair.

The only anime version of the musketeers i remember was an anthropomorphic version. It was called Dogtanian and The Three Muskehounds. Heh, that also reminds me of another anime style epic cartoon: The Mysterious Cities of Gold

I think you're talking about a spanish cartoon called Dartacan y Los Tres Mosqueperros. It was huge here in Portugal. I can still sing the title song in portuguese.

song.

The Mysterious Cities of Gold also showed here in Portugal. I was never a big fan, though.

Heja Sverige!!

I'm trying to find an anime series I saw around 1993 or 1994, that had a baseball setting where a kid went up against harder and harder opponents, including a pianist, a sumo wrestler, and a fencer. It ends with the star of the show creating a small black hole inside the stadium by spinning the ball really, really, really, really, really, really, fast. I can't remember the name of the show.

Heja Sverige!!