NWN2 Preorder toolset

Kaftan Barlast

Hmmm, there seems to be some spastic Vista compatibility issues going on with the toolset; or rather, Vista's aeroglass theme / toolset issues. With all of Vista's new ui visual effects enabled, the toolset goes into a confused loop whenever an expandable menu is selected, and a trio of new processes show up on the task bar. Hovering the mouse over the task bar entries for the new windows seems to indicate that they're separate tasks for the menu's shadow. Very strange.

Thankfully, turning off Vista's ui visual effects fixes the problem. It's not an ideal solution, mind you, but I've been too busy screwing around with the toolset to pin down exactly which visual effect is to blame (although I suspect drop shadows are the main culprit). Once I figure it out though, I don't imagine I'll have to turn off aeroglass completely; just the offending visual effects.

So, if any other Vista users are having similar compatibility problems, toggling between themes (Vista and Classic) is a decent temporary solution. Then once the problematic visual effects are pinned down, toggling just those effects on and off.

Edit: It seems "enable desktop composition" is to blame, which is kind of a shame, since I'd rather just lose menu shadows than the grouping of features under the desktop composition umbrella. Oh well. It's still better to only have to toggle a single feature rather than losing the Vista theme entirely.

Edited by legion

Can someone tell me how to locate the folder with all of the documentation to learn about making a module?

Just browse to the folder you installed the toolset to (by default, it's "C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2 Presale-Toolset\"), then open the "Documentation" folder. You'll find the tutorial docs in there.

Does any genius here know why it says 'insert disc 1'? LOL

You actually got the full game, and that's the first quest. You must find the magical disc 1 of power. :)"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Does any genius here know why it says 'insert disc 1'? LOL

It sounds to me like you're missing a file. That's one of the "default" error message you usually get when unpacking something and the unpacker/installer can't find one of the files.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

HAHAH! And, i thought autorun would work. LOLLERZ Such a newb.

Anyways, I got it running though it seems to crash probably because my video card isn't 'good enough' 'til later this week.

At least it runs now...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, here's what I have right now. I'll probably just keep building on this every time I try to learn something new. It will be my tutorial module.

post-296-1159954835_thumb.jpg

Hillwater Village. I have the main town center's layout mostly done. Need to add the surrounding farmland and the houses along the river. The toolset is pretty powerful, if a little user unfriendly. For instance... the undo function doesn't work for:

Terrain deformation, item placement, terrain texturing... pretty much anything you would actually want the undo function for.

Also, for some reason I have a big square in the middle of my map where it won't let me paint textures. It did, but now it won't, as you can see by that big light square at the top of the hill there.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The trees look exactly the same. Is there a way to change the random seed?

typos

I did. It doesn't change much. The documentation also said to try to limit your unique trees. I probably took that a little too far though. It still a major work in progress though.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Looks very cool so far, Oerwinde. Even though those villagers sure chose to build their village in an odd place. The hill is so steep that when you go out at night to take a leak, the odds are you'll plummet to your death.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

theres a rural_outhouse on the top of the hill. :ermm:

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, here's what I have right now. I'll probably just keep building on this every time I try to learn something new. It will be my tutorial module.

post-296-1159954835_thumb.jpg

Hillwater Village. I have the main town center's layout mostly done. Need to add the surrounding farmland and the houses along the river. The toolset is pretty powerful, if a little user unfriendly. For instance... the undo function doesn't work for:

Terrain deformation, item placement, terrain texturing... pretty much anything you would actually want the undo function for.

Also, for some reason I have a big square in the middle of my map where it won't let me paint textures. It did, but now it won't, as you can see by that big light square at the top of the hill there.

That looks very nice. How long did it take you to do it?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Has anyone seen the brilliant Sigil remake someone did on the toolset? I'll try and dig it up.

found some, the best one is down right now but

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/Sha...erview-Keep.jpg

Turns out that it's t he Purgatorio lead designer. Figures. :ermm:

Edited by Tigranes

Has anyone seen the brilliant Sigil remake someone did on the toolset? I'll try and dig it up.

It's from a Planescape trilogy of mods in the works by Rogue Dao Studios, and it looks amazing. A pair of interviews at Warcry (here and here) with them has a few embedded shots of Sigil and a few other things they've whipped up in the toolset. Looks to be an extremely ambitious set of mods, to say the least.

Yeah, just found out, as you see above. At least we won't be disappointed in the visual representation, IMO. :ermm: