NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

I know this is -_- but what the hell

NFL fines Broncos' Nalen $25,000 for cut block

NEW YORK -- Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen has been fined $25,000 by the NFL for a cut block on San Diego's Igor Olshansky in the final minute of the Sunday night's loss to the San Diego Chargers.

Olshansky, who threw a punch and was penalized and ejected from the game, was fined $10,000.

The Broncos have long been criticized by coaches and players from other teams for their system of cut blocking. It is an annual subject at the league meetings and the rules have been modified to penalize certain cut blocks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2672337

Edited by Kelverin

Jacksonvilles coach wears a shirt and tie? This isn't basketball.

I like it. Feels old school.

Now for my ;) + "Hate to say I told you so" post:

If it was dirty it be illegal.

Game over.

The league completely agrees with you.

Lame.

Yes, protecting players careers and their health for the rest of their lives = lame.

Edited by kumquatq3

The league didn't fine him because it being illegal; but ebcause of the whining. Fining someone because of pressure proves nothing but weakness. The refs saw what happened on the field, and they didn't penalize him yet they penalized the other guy. 'Nough said.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The league didn't fine him because it being illegal; but ebcause of the whining. Fining someone because of pressure proves nothing but weakness. The refs saw what happened on the field, and they didn't penalize him yet they penalized the other guy. 'Nough said.

:D Such crap! Do you even believe you on this one?

ESPN:

Center Tom Nalen of the Denver Broncos has been fined $25,000 for a cut block on San Diego's Igor Olshansky

Not whining, but because of a ILLEGAL CUT BLOCK. If the refs saw it, and didn't call it, they too should be reprimanding.

Also, the Fox TV crew just ripped into him. When Howie Long thinks you're cheap shotting, that says something :D

You're wrong. 'Nough said.

Edited by kumquatq3

The majority of people believbe that Iraq is better off with Saddam in poweer. They are wrong too.

The majority of people are often wrong. Sorry; but the truth hurts. The fact that Long thinks its a cheap shot likely means I'm more likely to be correct.

Besides Dark Raven is on my side. I auto WIN! :joy:

The majority of people believbe that Iraq is better off with Saddam in poweer. They are wrong too.

The majority of people are often wrong. Sorry; but the truth hurts. The fact that Long thinks its a cheap shot likely means I'm more likely to be correct.

Besides Dark Raven is on my side. I auto WIN! :joy:

Like those old timers who are now announcers have a lot say about "cheap shots". Back in their day it was all good, part of the sport. :p

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all out for deliberate injuries in the sport, but this is a rough sport and **** will happen. The passion to win sometimes over takes what I say (type). Head hunters need some time off from the sport with heavy fines. I saw something like that a couple of years ago. Put the poor guy out of action for a while. I think the announcer at the time was Madden and he said that was a common thing back in his day. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all out for deliberate injuries in the sport, but this is a rough sport and **** will happen. The passion to win sometimes over takes what I say (type). Head hunters need some time off from the sport with heavy fines. I saw something like that a couple of years ago. Put the poor guy out of action for a while. I think the announcer at the time was Madden and he said that was a common thing back in his day.  :mellow:

**** happens. Aiming for the knees isn't "****", it's meant to injure the player.

Let's quit talking about "The Block," and start talking about how Belichick's defensive schemes are going to fluster Sexy Rexy this Sunday! :("

Or will Brady lose his cool in the face of that raucous Chicago defense?

The only sure loser here is the running game, for both squads.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Denver sucks. They play like they don't want to be number 1. They have the people to make it a number one team but no, lets choke at the last minute. I might as well watch our home team the Lions.  :rolleyes:

Bah, they're getting rid of the weak link (that damned quarterback) presently.

What they need to do is get that Shanahan running game back.

Denver sucks. They play like they don't want to be number 1. They have the people to make it a number one team but no, lets choke at the last minute. I might as well watch our home team the Lions.  :aiee:

Bah, they're getting rid of the weak link (that damned quarterback) presently.

What they need to do is get that Shanahan running game back.

Damn that Tony Romo. Damn him for giving an example to cite for anyone who thinks changing QBs will suddenly revitalize a team.

Oh, and I am so glad Joey Harrington smoked his old team. Serves them right for driving him out and ridiculing his mad piano-playing skills.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Chicago Bears QB sucked again. As did the Ginats. Something those two teams have in common how it seems though the Giants loss was a team loss. LOL

I REALLY wish the Giants would fire THE WORST COACH EVER tm. He's only made one smart move as coach. I HATES him!

Edited by Volourn

LOL @ Urlacher for for getting juked by TOM BRADY.

The Bears did run the ball well though, so I give them credit for that.

When I saw that I looked over at my friend and he shrugged and replied: "Its Tom F-ing Brady". The last guy I saw do that that to Urlacher was Vick about 5 years ago.

At least both their losses are out of conference and this one was a close loss after 3 weeks on the road. So, that's encouraging I guess.

Edited by kumquatq3

I like the Bears. :joy:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"