NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Colts have the Patriots in NE. That's a possible loss. Bears have Miami which is an easy win. Bears *might* lose to my Giants since it's in NY, and the Giants are play really well now.

Giants are 5-2 with what people claim is the 'hardest' schedule this season...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry about them Rams

Denver is in the lead so far. Surprised considering they are playing the Colts.

Not anymore

Colts>Denver

Denver>Pats

Pats>Colts

AFC rock, paper, scissors

It made me so mad they lost. They were in the lead than they kept changing lead positions. Damn that Peyton Manning.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Dan Marino is great too!

I guess, I mean, no ring, right?

I tell you what though, that Trent Dilfer was something special. You only see a winner like that a few times in ones lifetime and he has the ring to prove it.

Who is the best QB in these three head to heads (the answer can't be Grossman or Ditka):

Payton v. Brady

Payton v. Favre

Payton v. Marino

Dan Marino is great too!

i

I guess, I mean, no ring, right?

I tell you what though, that Trent Dilfer was something special. You only see a winner like that a few times in ones lifetime and he has the ring to prove it.

Who is the best QB in these three head to heads (the answer can't be Grossman or Ditka):

Payton v. Brady

Payton v. Favre

Payton v. Marino

well brady already owns manning almost everytime they play :). also tom brady is hot :)

i'd take each on their home field between favre & him

& i dont remember seeing marino play :x (too young)

Edited by XoXAlexOxO

well brady already owns manning almost everytime they play :). also tom brady is hot  :)

i'd take each on their home field between favre & him

& i dont remember seeing marino play :x (too young)

I'd agree on Brady. I'm not sure how much his dreamy-ness affects my ranking :p

I'd take Favre in his prime over Payton. Favre just wins. Favre and Brady are the best QBs I've seen (not on tape).

I'd take Payton over Marino. I only remember him in his last two years tho (when he got benched). I've seen old tape and such. Payton broke his record, that means something (No Vol, not basing it on this)

Cardinals fan I take it?

Peyton is as good as all three of those QBs. Just because they won a SB (except Marion) with their team doesn't mean they are individually better than Peyton.

Why do you think Payton is as good as Brady or Favre? They have balls of steel, but you can rattle Manning. He's very very good. He's not Brady.

Edited by kumquatq3

not a cardinals fan, i just live there. i was a texans fan.. right up till the draft  <_<

It might work out :thumbsup: Williams is putting up respectable numbers and..you know...he's a rookie.

I really don't think Bush isn't going to pan out as an every down running back in the NFL. Sure, he'll help on special teams, but do you think he'll be a cornerstone? Domanick Davis isn't exactly terrible either.

And I mean, you have Carr (who's playing well, when he gets more than 1 second) so it's not like you draft a QB.

What they needed was help on both lines.

Hindsight tho, who do you draft?

EDIT: Welcome to the forum :cat: <-best smiley

Edited by kumquatq3

not a cardinals fan, i just live there. i was a texans fan.. right up till the draft  <_<

Sorry to be way off topic, but is that a self photo? Because whoever is in that pic is too good looking to be a member of these forums. :cat:

EDIT: I see it is, having seen your profile. Welcome, BTW. :thumbsup:

Provided the Colts don't choke in the playoffs again this year, I could see them going to the Superbowl. Them or the Bears. (shut up, Kumquat) As much as I may dislike the Colts, I do have the utmost respect for Peyton Manning. Actually, the only quarterback I have a genuine dislike of is Carson Palmer. (and that's putting it lightly) :p

Edited by Dark Moth

Sorry to be way off topic, but is that a self photo? Because whoever is in that pic is too good looking to be a member of these forums. :thumbsup:

I take offense to that! How soon we forget.

Provided the Colts don't choke in the playoffs again this year, I could see them going to the Superbowl.  Them or the Bears.  (shut up, Kumquat)

You know they both can go to the superbowl :cat:"

I meant it more as an and/or statement. You'll have to forgive my grammar, I'm a little buzzed right now.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, the chances of the Steelers making the playoffs this year are minimal, let alone them making it to the Superbowl. I don't know what their problem is, but this is just not the same team we've seen the last two years. Some of their previous losses I could stomach, but the Raiders? How in the hell do you lose to a team like the ****ing Raiders? Now those limp **** probably feel like they actually have something between their legs. I don't know what's going on. And don't tell me it's because they suck, because they don't. They won the Superbowl, for crying out loud. Well, every team has a bad season. Looks like the Steelers are having one.

Edited by Dark Moth

It might work out :thumbsup: Williams is putting up respectable numbers and..you know...he's a rookie.

I really don't think Bush isn't going to pan out as an every down running back in the NFL. Sure, he'll help on special teams, but do you think he'll be a cornerstone? Domanick Davis isn't exactly terrible either.

And I mean, you have Carr (who's playing well, when he gets more than 1 second) so it's not like you draft a QB.

What they needed was help on both lines.

Hindsight tho, who do you draft?

EDIT: Welcome to the forum :p <-best smiley

ya they didn't need young, but reggie bush could do like 100 different things, and like you said they had dominick davis so he wouldn't have had to be an every down back (you kinda made my point there :p). thanks for the welcome :)

Sorry to be way off topic, but is that a self photo? Because whoever is in that pic is too good looking to be a member of these forums. o:)

EDIT: I see it is, having seen your profile. Welcome, BTW. :cat:

thank you :"> :"> :"> :">

How shallow!

You don't see me picking my favorite supermodels like that. I make an indepth review of their personalities and...um...runway walking and cloths wearing skills. :p"

Clearly we need a top ten active QB debate (as of now, not their prime):

1. Brady

2. P.Manning

3. Brees

4. McNabb

5. Palmer

6. Hasselbeck

7. Bulger

8. Vick

9. Trenet Green

10. Grossman

Muddled Middle: Eli, Rivers, Plummer, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Favre

Edited by kumquatq3

I strongly believe Roethlisberger could have the potential to be a top-ten QB. The guy has been through a lot, though. You can't expect a guy to come off a potentially-deadly motorcycle crash, an appendectomy, and a concussion and expect him to be 100%. He also tends to make mistakes whenever he feels too pressured to throw the ball, no doubt something that contributed to his numerous interceptions this season. I also strongly believe the Steelers could have come out this season with a 6-1 record (the loss being to Jacksonville) if only they got their act together. You'll notice in a lot of those games they ended up leading in the first half only to run out of steam in the second half. It could be argued the Steelers should have won the falcons game if not for Washington flinching and causing a false-start, thus eliminating a game-saving field goal. As for the Raiders game *grumbles*, had it not been for two very costly interceptions and some very harsh penalties (a 30-yrd penalty drive, for example), they would have probably won that game as well.

In short, I think the big reason for the sloppy season can be summed up in one word: turnovers. While it's tempting to blame Roethlisberger, it's not all his fault. The Steelers are not a one-man team, like the Colts. As of right now though, I don't really care if the Steelers make it to the playoffs or even the Superbowl this year. If they just get their act together and play like the team we saw the past two years, I'll be satisfied. :lol:

Edited by Dark Moth