4. McNabb

5. Palmer

6. Hasselbeck

7. Bulger

8. Vick

9. Trenet Green

10. Grossman

Muddled Middle: Eli, Rivers, Plummer, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Favre

I'll bite. I'd break your top-10 into 3 tiers, because, while it's often too hard to make individual distinctions, there are some clear breaks in the data:

Tier 1:

Manning the Elder & Brady (collectively, "Peytom Branning")

Tier 2: Your 3-6 (Brees, McNabb, Palmer (if healthy), & Hasselbeck), which I have no problem with.

Tier 3:

Bulger, Green, Roethlisberger (if healthy).

This leaves me with a top-9. I don't really know which of the remaining players should be #10. I'm not a Mike Vick fan. I don't think we have enough data on Grossman or Rivers (both can count the number of games they've played against non-horrendous defenses on their thumbs) to crown their asses just yet. Delhomme is nothing without Steve Smith. The Giants homer in me wants to pick Eli, but he has 3-4 scary dumb/inaccurate throws per game, which is just too many.

"crown their asses"

:mellow:

Both good lists. Brady and P. Manning are far ahead of the rest, after that I'd say McNabb, Brees, Hasselbeck and Bulger (12 TDs, 1 INT, that's why) are the next tier.

Grossman is definitely playing top-tier ball, but I don't think that would be happening without his supporting cast.

I'd drop Palmer into the third tier with Michael Vick, Trent Green and Phillip Rivers, who also wouldn't be having as great a year if he didn't have a strong running game for defenses to focus on.

The Burger is so hot and cold... I mean he was in the zone against Atlanta before he got knocked out - but then he'll play an awful game the next week.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Wow, everything's breaking for the Giants this week. Every other NFC contender except New Orleans has lost.

Now if we can just get the Defense healthy. 6 important players either sat or missed the majority of the Texans game (DE Umenyiora, DE Tuck, LB Arrington, LB Short, CB Madison, & DE Strahan). Plus the starting RT (McKenzie had a migraine) and #1 WR!

I hope the Giants win; but it's in Bears Land so the Bears have the edge. It should be a fun game. Rex has no exuse cosnideirng the defensive injuries the Giants have.

We'll see how the Bears vaunted D recover against an offense that has struggled someone despite two home wins against pretty easy opponents.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I hope the Giants win; but it's in Bears Land so the Bears have the edge. It should be a fun game. Rex has no exuse cosnideirng the defensive injuries the Giants have.

We'll see how the Bears vaunted D recover against an offense that has struggled someone despite two home wins against pretty easy opponents.

The game will be at the Meadowlands. The Giants will likely be lacking their top 3 DEs (that surprise pick of Kiwanuka in the draft is looking to be more helpful than expected), but Madison & Burress at least should be back.

My Jags won, so I'm happy ^_^.

But that Chicago loss sucks....my entire family up north probably didn't take that one too well.

So long as they don't make it a habit, da Bears should be ok. One flub during the normal season is all right. Making a flub like that during the playoffs isn't.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

If the Bears lose this game it's 100% Grossman's fault.. Well.. 90%. 8% the running back's fault... 2% offensive lines' fault.

With the Giants defense DECIMATED with injuries there is no exuse not to beat them up.

P.S. Outside of that last drive, Grossman has played horribly as predictable as that is.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.