NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Way to go Tiki! Do niothing for weeks on end, and then actually try for one game so people will remember you as a 'hero'. ;) Where was this effort previously? Damn. Part of me still hopes Coughlin gets canned.

Worst. coach. ever. Pisses off of his player sdue to HORRIBLE coaching than uses a scapegoat, and pushes a greta player into retirement. HAHAHA!

He probably played Tiki to actually play with some drive just so he could look like a 'genius' for making the coaching change.

NEWSFLASH: This game had nothing to do with any coaching chnage. It ahd to do with Barber basically kickin' butt.

Gah.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Way to go Tiki! Do niothing for weeks on end, and then actually try for one game so people will remember you as a 'hero'. =] Where was this effort previously? Damn. Part of me still hopes Coughlin gets canned.

Worst. coach. ever. Pisses off of his player sdue to HORRIBLE coaching than uses a scapegoat, and pushes a greta player into retirement. HAHAHA!

He probably played Tiki to actually play with some drive just so he could look like a 'genius' for making the coaching change.

NEWSFLASH: This game had nothing to do with any coaching chnage. It ahd to do with Barber basically kickin' butt.

Gah.

To me it seemed to have more to do with the fact that the Washington defense totally sucks. Playing the Redskins defense (especially one without their 2 best players, Shawn Springs and Marcus Washington) will cure a lot of wounds. Of course, Tim Lewis' "coverage optional" zone defenses almost handed the game back to the Redskins.

I still think Coughlin is on his way out with any result short of an appearance in the NFC championship game. The new ownership (the Mara & Tisch heirs) probably wants to get their own guys in there. I expect the Eagles to paste them next weekend, followed shortly by a new GM being appointed (probably an internal promotion), whose first action will be to can the whole coaching staff.

DENVER LOOSES.

On top of that, our cornerback got killed in a driveby. Happy new year Broncos!

Opps! :shifty:

Ok, too soon to start making picks? (Subject to change if any player on teams that I pick gets shot or gets a DUI)

Kansas City over Indy (Upset!)

Seattle over Dallas

NY Jets over New England (Ballsy upset pick)

Philly over NY Giants

---------------------------------------

Chicago over Seattle

New Orleans over Philly

San Diego over Kansas City

NY Jets over Baltimore (OMG! This kids nuts!)

San Diego over NY Jets

New Orleans over Chicago (Nooooooooooo)

Super Bowl:

New Orleans beats San Diego, fade to black

Even though it pains me in some ways, I have a funny feeling the Giants will manage to sneak past Philly and then get blown out in 2nd round.

Indy over KC - KS will crush Indy's run defense; but Manning will refuse to lose in the first round.

Dallas over Seattle - minor upset; but only if Romo actually passes to the best reciever in the league known as T.O.

NE over NYJ - NE has too much play off experience to lose in the first round this time.

NYG over Philly - Surprise pick; but Philly will have a bad game finally. This will likely svae that idiot's job to my shagrine.

Chicago over NYG- To cap a disasterful year for me, Grossman outclasses Eli just so K can have the last laugh. L0LLERZ!

Dallas over NO - Again, T.O. will beat Brees if his QB actually passes to him when it matters.

SD over NE - NE's time has passed. SD with their RB will just crush 'em.

Indy over BAL - Baltimore is a very good team. pretty much underrates despite their work; but I think Manning will find a way to beat a great defensive team.

Dallas over Chicago - Chicago has the defense; but Romo + T.O pretty much is too much for Grossman to handle.

SD over Indy - I hope for Indy to win because Manning deserves a SB; but quite frnakly; their rund efense just plain sucks and that simply spells doom against the top running back.

SD over Dallas - Again, I'd want T.O. to win just so all his whiny detratcors can cry some more; but sadly; SD is simply the better team.

So... The team with the best record will win the SB.... even though, I don't care for them much...

Edited by Volourn

TO sucks. He's the perfect example of a egocentric ****. The Eagles did the right thing by firing his sorry ass.

Now who to chose for the Superbowl? I would have said Chicago but that quarter back is a clown and he proved it Sunday. I will go with Indy because Manning rules. Go go Colts!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

TO is awesome. Best. reciever. in. the. game.

The Eagles were stupid to get rid of him. Choosing McNabb the Cripple over T.O. the Man was dumb. Espicially since Philly has shown they are better with Garcia (lol, another QB that T.O. picked on; but in Garcia's case, T.O. was wrong; He was absolutely correct about whiny momma's boy McNabb though).

It's funny though that other than bugging to get the ball thrown to him more this season; T.O. hasn't complained about EITHER QB he's played with this season. *shrug*

On the field, T.O. is one of the most hard working, prfoessional athletes in thw world. He's done wone thing I dissaprove of, and that was the spiiting incident from a few weeks ago, and chances are the guy probably asked for it.

Trying to be cute doesn't change the fact that T.O. is the best receiver in the game. I don't care if he gets his share of drops. Big woop epsicially since I've watched a lot of Cowboy games this year and some of those 'drops' he was 'credited' for weren't drops; but more like 'no chance catches'.

Trying to be cute doesn't change the fact that T.O. is the best receiver in the game. I don't care if he gets his share of drops. Big woop epsicially since I've watched a lot of Cowboy games this year and some of those 'drops' he was 'credited' for weren't drops; but more like 'no chance catches'.

You think I'm cute? :)

I'm not saying he isn't good, there are receivers I rather have tho. Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith all enter that conversation. And none of those guys are cancers to their team. Regardless, the NFL is generally weak at WR imo right now. So being the best of this bunch isn't saying much.

As for the drops, o man, he's let go of plenty of balls that have hit him right in the hands.

Define 'plenty'. :)

And, he hasn't been a cancer on the Cowboys. He hans't bashed either QB even when they struggled. His only complaint has been pass the ball to him which is well known that ALL receivers wnat the ball thrown to them all the time. LOL Just like any good RB wnats the ball handed off to them. That's the nature of the beast.

The spitting incident was wrong; but that's surely not 'cancerous'.

The REAL cancer in Philly was/is McNabb. Most overrated *yet* talented QB EVER. He is THE reason why the Eagles lost the SB,a nd multiple Eagles said so not just T.O. LOL

LONBG LIVE T.O.! DOWN WITH MCNABB!!!

Edited by Volourn

TO sucks. He's the perfect example of a egocentric ****. The Eagles did the right thing by firing his sorry ass.

Now who to chose for the Superbowl? I would have said Chicago but that quarter back is a clown and he proved it Sunday. I will go with Indy because Manning rules. Go go Colts!

I have to admit to being dumbstruck that you know football at all. Goes to show you can't judge a grimoire by its exterior.

Well, my Iggles made the playoffs, and on the way beat T.O. and the Cowboys twice on the way, so this season is basically a great already. I'd like to pick them for the Superbowl, but missing the franchise's alltime best offense player, and arguably one of its two best defensive player (Jevon Kearse) will probaly end up being too much. They have enough to beat Elisa Manning and the G-men, but thats as far as things get.

Seattle will lose another superbowl, this time to the Chargers, who are lead by Texas product and greatest football player ever: LaDamian Tomlinson.

Alas, if only things worked as they should and L.T. and Vince Young occupied the Texan's backfield together, infinite championships would be ours.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm rooting for the Colts this year, since my Steelers had a miserable season and didn't make the playoffs. Now let's see if they choke in the playoffs again or not. Frankly though, I don't have high hopes for their game against Baltimore.

Edited by Dark Moth

The thing I hate about Owens isn't even his mouth... it's that he sulks so damn much! He acts like a spoiled child. Even after he was gifted that TD against the Saints, he went back to the bench and sat there looking petulant.

Hell, he went so far as to say one of his teammates must be "snitching" on him. He wasn't upset about being late to practice or sleeping during team meetings. It's that someone called him on it.

He's a great receiver, yeah, but that doesn't mean he's good for the team. He's a sideshow, and an attention whore.

As for the drops, I think I he's got a broken or dislocated ring finger. That might account for why he's missed so many passes that have hit him square in the hands this year.

Elisa Manning... heh.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

And, he hasn't been a cancer on the Cowboys. He hans't bashed either QB even when they struggled. His only complaint has been pass the ball to him which is well known that ALL receivers wnat the ball thrown to them all the time. LOL Just like any good RB wnats the ball handed off to them. That's the nature of the beast.

The spitting incident was wrong; but that's surely not 'cancerous'.

It's more the constant distractions. His "over dose" incident, the spiting, the tour-de-france cycling when he was "hurt", etc. And he sure had some kind words for Bledsoe, especially when he got yanked. Let's not forget his own teammates are currently telling him to shut up in the press.

However, all things considered, he's been "better"

The REAL cancer in Philly was/is McNabb. Most overrated *yet* talented QB EVER. He is THE reason why the Eagles lost the SB,a nd multiple Eagles said so not just T.O. LOL

Garcia is what, a 3 time pro bowl quarterback? There not replacing McNabb with Joe Blow or something.

Edited by kumquatq3

"The thing I hate about Owens isn't even his mouth... it's that he sulks so damn much! He acts like a spoiled child. Even after he was gifted that TD against the Saints, he went back to the bench and sat there looking petulant."

It's true. But, then again, pretty much allr ecievers do this when they don't get the ball. Heck, The Giants' Barber did this earlier in a game when he had gotten only 13 carries, and whined to press... yet, not that along ago in this very threa dpeople were referring to him as an all around nice guy. That's hypociritcal.

"Hell, he went so far as to say one of his teammates must be "snitching" on him. He wasn't upset about being late to practice or sleeping during team meetings. It's that someone called him on it."

Praactice means crap as long as he shows up for games. Which he does. And, yeah, people T.O. when he attacks teammates in the press yet it's bno biggy when someone blabs about him in the media? Whatever. I really wish people would stop worrying about practice. The players earn their money on the field.

"He's a great receiver, yeah, but that doesn't mean he's good for the team. He's a sideshow, and an attention whore. "

LOL Attention whore. NEWSFLASH: All prime athletes are attention whores. You don't get that great at sports without having an ego. Period. And, he is a good for the team. heck, last year, the Eagles were .500 until they kicked T.O. off the team THEN they went completely downhill. Coincidence? I think not.

"As for the drops, I think I he's got a broken or dislocated ring finger. That might account for why he's missed so many passes that have hit him square in the hands this year."

Come on, now. Everyone knows his dislocated finger is just another cry for attention by T.O. He probably broke it himself to have an exuse just to screw up the team. :rolleyes:

"It's more the constant distractions. His "over dose" incident, the spiting, the tour-de-france cycling when he was "hurt", etc. And he sure had some kind words for Bledsoe, especially when he got yanked. Let's not forget his own teammates are currently telling him to shut up in the press."

Oh please. The over dose incident was ana ccddient that the stupid media used to bahs him some more. And, no, it doidn't effect the team. He didn't distratc the team. I know you use quotations 'cause probably you insinuating that it was an attempted suicide. That's just dumb.

The spitting was wrong even if the other guy deserved it. No doubt about it. Still not a distraction.

Woopity do dah. He went cycling. WAAA! Why whine about that? Talk about crying over spilled milk.

Oh, please. His biggest complaint was he wnated Bledsoe to pass the ball, and that he felt Romo could do better. And, consideirng the fact that nearly everyone in the medai, the team, and here (not me) kept stating over and over again that a QB change should be amde... you somehow make that T.O.'s fault? Give me a friggin' break.

And, his own teammates should take their own advice, and shut up in the press. Look in the mirror before you judge others.

"Garcia is what, a 3 time pro bowl quarterback? There not replacing McNabb with Joe Blow or something."

First off, I personally like Garcia. He's awesome.

That said, people trahsed Gracia. They said he was washed up, overrated, and crap. Hell, his teams' own fans cheered when he nearly got crippled and booed when he got back up. Nobody expected the Eagles to do good without McNabb. Why do you think Garcia agreed to sign with Philly as a backup? It's because nobody else really wanted him.

Bottom line, her,e is T.O. is an awesome reciever. And, this season, he has not relaly been a distratcion to the team except when the media a susual overblown things. How many times has the Dallas coach told the media that he didn't wnat to talk about non football T.O. related stuff? See.. That's a sure sign that the media wants to attack Ownes instead of actually reporting on the game.

The media created T.O. hoopla. There are tons of guys who are 100% worse than T.O. yet nothing on them. I mean... how 'bout the what/ 10 Cinnci polayers who ar ein toruble with the law? or the idiot wqho kicked the player pn the ground? One week (at most) was spent on it then the story was DEAD. People still are whining about the spitting incident; though. *shrug*

I think nit's funny you haven't mentioned how many easy passe she's dropped. I even tried to check the NFL website; but no dice. They don't seem to keep track of that stat. I do know he's dropped his share; but I've seen quite a few of those 'credited' drops; and at leats half ar eones where he has like a guy or two draped all over him or it was a very ahrd catch to begin with. To me, a drop is when an easily catchable ball is dropped. Not a missed out miracle catch. LOL

Edited by Volourn

Since you wanted the facts, here they are, spin 'em however you like:

Passes dropped

Targets

There are separate categories for "drops" and "passes not caught," which splits uncatchable balls from those deemed catchable.

My take is more drops are forgivable if you're getting proportionally more targets. There are several more efficient receivers on the list.

All prime athletes are attention whores. You don't get that great at sports without having an ego. Period.

Right, because everything's in absolutes with you. As usual, reality lies in the middle. For every T.O. there's a Terry Glenn (the OTHER Cowboys receiver who reached 1,000 yards this year, with a much higher catch per target percentage).

What offense a player is in largely determines how good they are. On T.O., he was the best WR in football when he was with the Eagles, because the offense played to his strengths. Throwing five yard slants and letting T.O. over power his man and getting the Holy Grail of the West Coast Offense ~ Yards After Catch. Watching Dallas play, its atleast arguable that Terry Glenn is actually much more suited for their play-action offense. A couple of years ago Randy Moss was the best reciever in football because Minnesota let him do what he did best, run deep routes and go up for "jump balls" against smaller defenders.

The top recievers go something like this:

Chad Johnson

Torry Holt

Steve Smith

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

*Roy Williams

*Andre Johnson

(*Up and comers)

I think I should also include Hines Ward as he is a player who both is in a system that uses his talents effectively and also works to get the most out of what he has.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think Steve Smith is an incredible talent. He puts so much effort into getting that extra yard after the catch, and he comes up big against guys who are much bigger than him.

Carolina is a great example of how a great receiver can be useless his QB can't spread the ball around. It was painful watching Weinke toss pass after pass at Smith, triple-coverage be damned.

They got the right idea in that game against Atlanta, where they threw like seven passes all game.

"The top recievers go something like this:

Chad Johnson

Torry Holt

Steve Smith

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

*Roy Williams

*Andre Johnson

(*Up and comers)"

It's one thing to argue that T.O. isn't the *best* receiver as a case cna eaisly be made for others to fill the top spot. But, to argue he's not one of the best? Come on, now, that's just silly. Personal feelings for T.O.'s shenanagins aside, it should be hard to argue his skill as a reciever. Afterall, there must be a reaosn why teams continue to pursue him despite the baggage he brings. Surely can't be because of his middling skillz.

"What offense a player is in largely determines how good they are."

I don't think you mean thing. I think the offense dtermines how effective you cna be; but it doens't determine how *good* you actually are. There's a subtle difference between the two.

"Since you wanted the facts, here they are, spin 'em however you like:"

Thanks for the numbers. However, I wasn't really disputing his drops. I was disputing what are called drops. I've seen times where T.O. had a defender all ove rhim, and the ball bounced off his hands as he was fighting for it. I don't really count those as drops. drops, to me, are throws that you should catch as in they are easy and you made a mistake in not catching it. Think of it as 'errors by receivers'.

If you think Glenn has no ego; you are delusional. btw, Having an ego doesn't mean you aren't a good guy.

Of course, you guys ar ealso ignoring his hand injury which no doubt effects the ability to catch. even with that, he leads the league in TDs, and is up ther ein catches, yards, and what not. And, no doubt by his mere prescense he makes the team better. Afterall, if T.O. wasn't on the team, Glenn would not be doing as good (though Glenn is good in his own right as well) as he has since it's T.O. who usually draws the double coverage.

Edited by Volourn

I put T.O. just below Reggie Wayne, so what number 6 in the league isn't bad, I just included Williams and Johnson because I think they are both really close to cracking the top five next year. I think T.O is an incrediable player and none of you have mentioned the fact that he is one of the best downfield blockers of any of the recievers in the league. But to ignore that he is equally as harmful to a team is pretty short sighted. NFL football is the ultimate team game, teams generally win by executing a good game plan and then player excede coach's expectations by making plays with in the game plan. Turning what is expected to be a five yard run into a 50 yrd. run, and T.O. is as good as anyone at doing so. But when a player routinely takes a team out of its gameplan by demanding the ball and generally disrupting the team chemistry it becomes very difficult to win as it has for Dallas in resent weeks. Because a competent NFL defense can take any one player out of the game, and often times does, it is generally practiced that a player will keep drawing double teams and allow his team to take advantage of the open spots created by the doubleteams. The player then celebrates, knowing that even though he didn't put up big numbers he was equally important in his team's success. T.O. has shown time and time that he is incapable of this.

Remember when the Eagles went to the Superbowl they won ever game while T.O. was out with an injury, they only lost after he made it back. This offseason only two teams, the Broncos and the Cowboys were interested in T.O. and it took Jerry Jones offering him a contract that no other owner would to sign him. I'm not sure if you know much about Jones, but he hasn't made too many good decisions since firing Jimmy Johnson. Don't be surprised this year when Parcells says that its either T.O. or him and its T.O.'s butt that gets kicked out the door.

"But when a player routinely takes a team out of its gameplan by demanding the ball"

Oh, please. Any player worth their salt is gonna wnat the ball. It's even ahrder for a reciever since whether or not they get the ball really has to do with what the QB decides. I think a receiver who doens't wnat the ball thrown to him is not a good receiver in the first place.

"generally disrupting the team chemistry it becomes very difficult to win as it has for Dallas in resent weeks."

WHAT? Are you saying it's Owen's fault that the Cowboy's are struggling lately? give me a break. The Cowboys ar elosing; not because of any nonsenical distractions (oither than the spit incident he's been rather calm lately, btw); because Romo has stopped being perfect and the defense has been really horrible.When your defense is giving up about 30 points on average; you simply aren't gonna win much in the NFL.

"Remember when the Eagles went to the Superbowl they won ever game while T.O. was out with an injury, they only lost after he made it back."

They lost ebcause of the selfishness of the QB who was sick,a nd demanded to keep playing even though he was not doing so well after a good first half. That's what led to T.O. being so upset. btw, He is not the only one who called McNabb on that selfishness; but so did a number of other Philly players. It should be pointed out that T.O. was pratically a model citizen during his firsts eason in Philly. He even came back from a major injury, risked damaging it more, and played pretty darn well in the SB. He was simply frustrated because he felt that all his hard work was wasted because of another player's SELFISHNESS. Yet, somehow it's his fault things went cablooee? I think the problem is that Philly has its mouth on a part of McNabb's anatomy that he seems immune to any criticism hence when even if Garcia manages to win Philly a SB; Garcia is gonna be thrown in the garbage and the choking job will be given back to McNabb.

"Don't be surprised this year when Parcells says that its either T.O. or him and its T.O.'s butt that gets kicked out the door."

Meh. I doubt Parcells is sweating the T.O. It's the media, once again, trying to stir the pot when there is no controversy.

To me, T.O. is definitely a top 3 reciever.

Cool beans either way.

P.S. Drabek and Laozi are cool. :cool:

Edited by Volourn