NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Well the Chargers really let down the Rosebud, Texas native and greatest player in the NFL. Its probaly time for a change of scenery for L.T. and it just so happens that the Texans could use a runningback. Hopefully he can find away to force himself out.

The classlessness of the Pats players really showed at the end of the game, the way they circled L.T. on his way off the field, it would be nice if the NFL handed down some suspensions, but it probaly won't happen.

Anouther interesting note, it seems like after last year's embarrassing officiating they have apparently told the refs to sit on their hands, I'm not sure that the games are being any better officated because of it.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Well the Chargers really let down the Rosebud, Texas native and greatest player in the NFL"

SD chokes. L.T. is a choker just like Manning is. Dominates in the regular season but can't win in the play offs. L.T. let himself down. And, his impressive numbers mean nothing. It's all about winning solo in the play offs. Just ask Manning who gets blasted even when he plays good; but this year because his team is winning in the play offs even while he is playing subpar is getting good press.

"Hopefully he can find away to force himself out."

So.. you want him to pull an Owens? L0LLERZ!

NE does it again!!!

"The classlessness of the Pats players really showed at the end of the game, the way they circled L.T. on his way off the field, it would be nice if the NFL handed down some suspensions, but it probaly won't happen."

What's classless is how people wrote off NE before the season even started when it's obvious they are as good as anyone including SD. Perhaps, they are sick and tired off being treated as second class citizens when they deserve to be treated as the best team of the last 5 years.

L.T., and company were too arrogant and were the classless ones who tried to show up NE. They were taught a lesson.

HAHAHAHA!

Congrats Kumquatq! Your team won, and that is all that matters. Grossman played pretty well too!!!

Predictions for next week

1. Indy over NE - Its hard to go against NE because they are just tooo sweet in the playoffs; but every dog has its day, and I think Manning will finally get back at his arch rivals. This could go either way though, and I won't be shocked that NE wins.

2. CHI over NO - NO is good; but their defense is too shaky. Grossman will have a good game here, and the Bears D while they will give up some points to the always good Brees will do enough to win the game.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SD chokes. L.T. is a choker just like Manning is.

:crazy:

In the game I saw L.T. didn't fumble, turn the ball over, commit stupid penalties, waste timeouts, play defense and not stop the Patriots when it mattered, or miss a field goal. You can blame this loss on many things but to say it's L.T. fault is ridicules.

Congratulations to the Patriots and their fans. You simply made the plays when you had to and capitalized on the many, many Chargers mistakes. The better coach/team won.

SD chokes. L.T. is a choker just like Manning is.

:crazy:

In the game I saw L.T. didn't fumble, turn the ball over, commit stupid penalties, waste timeouts, play defense and not stop the Patriots when it mattered, or miss a field goal. You can blame this loss on many things but to say it's L.T. fault is ridicules.

Congratulations to the Patriots and their fans. You simply made the plays when you had to and capitalized on the many, many Chargers mistakes. The better coach/team won.

I think thats Volourn trying to agitate me more then anything else. Atleast I hope so, because nothing he said is even remotely sensible

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Bears in the NFC Championship? My family is probably going nuts up north. :rolleyes:

It's about time.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I gotta agree with Kelverin that the Chargers just made so many stupid mistakes. I watched the whole game, and I truly think the Chargers were the better team. They just made so many dumb moves, whether it was fumbles, penalties, or just poor decisions, they basically blew the second half and handed the game to the Patriots. Sucks, cause I was pulling for them to win. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dark Moth

"I truly think the Chargers were the better team."

The better team is the team that wins, and doesn't make the costly mistakes at the most inoppurtune time. It's not luck that NE won, or even competed in the game. NE didn't have the game handed to them any more than they had their 3 super bowls handed to them.

"In the game I saw L.T. didn't fumble, turn the ball over, commit stupid penalties, waste timeouts, play defense and not stop the Patriots when it mattered, or miss a field goal. You can blame this loss on many things but to say it's L.T. fault is ridicules."

Winning is all that matters in the play offs. You don't win; you choked. Plain, and simple. L.T. is supposedly the best player in the league, and he didn't even lead his team to even one play off win. That is what is called choking.

At least Manning has won play off games. :-

I think it's funny that even now people aren't really willing to give NE the credit they deserve. It's no coincidence that Brady has suffered only one play off loss.

"They just made so many dumb moves, whether it was fumbles, penalties, or just poor decisions, they basically blew the second half and handed the game to the Patriots."

Sound slike they played like they were the second best team on the field today in the game... hence.. their loss...

Mind you, it was only by 3 points... Either team coulda won. :rolleyes:

L.T. better win the super bowl next year.

Edited by Volourn

So Shockey is a choker and the pundits don't always know what they're talking about now?

Edited by Laozi

The better team is the team that wins, and doesn't make the costly mistakes at the most inoppurtune time. It's not luck that NE won, or even competed in the game. NE didn't have the game handed to them any more than they had their 3 super bowls handed to them.

Sound slike they played like they were the second best team on the field today in the game... hence.. their loss...

Um, no. The Chargers were the better team, no questions asked. I watched the entire thing (you probably didn't). If it weren't for the Chargers making dumb moves, they would've won. Simply put. The Pats did almost nothing in the first half, and the Chargers offense was doing most of the entire game. I won't even comment on the barefaced silliness of your point about L.T. choking. He didn't choke, the team did. Now please, go back to your sandbox and leave the football talk to people who know what they're talking about. ^_^

Edited by Dark Moth

"So Shockey is a choker and the pundits don't always know what they're talking about now?"

Did his team win? No. So, yeah, he choked. Then again, he's not the 'best player in the league' right like a certain SD player or Manning during the past few years?

L.T. choked. Plain, and simple. The Chargers this, the Chargers that. The better team won. Plain, and simple. Come back in five years when SD has won 3 SBs then we'll talk about them being better than NE.

Game over, SD MAN, game over. :joy:

"Um, no. The Chargers were the better team, no questions asked. I watched the entire thing (you probably didn't). If it weren't for the Chargers making dumb moves, they would've won. Simply put. The Pats did almost nothing in the first half, and the Chargers offense was doing most of the entire game. I won't even comment on the barefaced silliness of your point about L.T. choking."

I didn't watch it. Unlike some, I'm not God fearing and work on Sundays. However, i didn't need to. I looked at the score. NE won. The so called best player in the league didn't help his team win even one play off game hence he choked. This is a guy who basiclaly won games single handedly for the Chargers behind a newbie QB yet he couldn't beat a NE team that 'had no chance'?

The bottom line is NE beat SD and they went right through the 'best player' in doing so.

"had a feeling the Pats would win. Only because they HAD to get in Mannings way, destiny and all that."

Yup. If Manning is gonna win a SB; he's gonna have to do it the hard way. No mercy for him.

"And, go Bears! We're as good as Gould!"

:rolleyes::-:aiee:

Edited by Volourn

I didn't watch it. Unlike some, I'm not God fearing and work on Sundays. However, i didn't need to. I looked at the score. NE won. The so called best player in the league  didn't help his team win even one play off game hence he choked. This is a guy who [basically] won games single handedly for the Chargers behind a newbie QB yet he couldn't beat a NE team that 'had no chance'?

My point exactly. You didn't watch it, you have no clue what you're talking about. You didn't even see L.T. play. He played well, I know because I watched him play. The Chargers are also not a one-man team. L.T. can't help his defense make plays, nor stop a dumb teammate from taunting an opponent, nor can he stop a punt receiver from dropping the ball. Hence the reason your claim that the Patsies were the better team and L.T. 'choked' is absurd and can't be taken seriously (like much of your football commentary) by anyone who actually watched the game. End of story. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dark Moth

Bottom line is NE beat SD. That is all that matters here. Making excuses is cool, and all (as a fan of aloser team, I know the urge to do so); but bottom line is play off victory is the key.

No play off victory = choking loser. :rolleyes:

I understood you just fine. Perhaps, I don't feel you part of the group I was referring to as I was not replying to you with that quote. I'm talking about the people who still won't give credit to NE; but say things like 'SD gave the game away', 'SD is better but their screw ups gace NE the game'. Ppeople seem to forget that NE also made mistakes in that game. Heck, Brady threw 3 interceptions himself so its' not like Mr. Playoffs played perfectly.

I'm sorry I didn't realize we were Volourn's own definition of choker that's different then everyone else on the planet.

I've been traveling for much of this weekend, but I did manage to catch a majority of the games played (I missed the first half of PHI-NO, and all but the 4th/OT of SEA-CHI). Some impressions:

-The Saints clearly controlled the Eagles on 90% of the snaps, but Philly scored on enough big plays to make it close. NO's CB Fred Thomas stinks. Bernard Berrian must be giddy with excitement about getting to line up opposite this guy.

-I feel bad for Brian Billick. He must be in a lot of pain right now, because it is obvious to anyone who watched IND-BAL that somebody removed his testicles shortly before kickoff. I don't think he called more than 3 downfield passes the entire game. McNair's entire stat line consists of 6 yard passes to Todd Heap! (Unless it was 3rd & 6, in which case the pass only went 3 yards.) And it didn't look like McNair was checking down when the deep routes were covered-- he seemed to spend the whole game just staring at Heap and the fullback with the name I'm not even going to attempt to spell.

-Both of the surviving AFC teams are very very very lucky. There were 5 fumbles both games, and Indy & the Pats recovered all of them. This blind luck in the direction the ball happened to bounce helped both teams overcome some uncharacteristicly terrible play by their quarterbacks.

-What is the deal with the Colts? Why couldn't their defense do this in the regular season? Why has Peyton followed a typical amazing season with an Eli impression in the playoffs? (Peyton should've been the MVP. He's like Mickey Mantle was in the 60s-- everybody knows he's consistently the best player in the league, but it would be boring to give him the trophy every year.)

-It seems that 14-3 coach Marty Schottenheimer could be fired for not being prepared to defend the Pick & Fumble play that noted genius Bill Belichick called to get a first down on 4th & 5. What a choker! :-

-If the Colts and the Saints end up in the Super Bowl, I predict that the final score will be somewhere in the area of 52-49.

Ok, as the NFC went exactly as I predicted, I have to stick with the Saints winning on Sun

Since I completely ****ed up my AFC picture, as much as I want to say the Colts, I can't pick against Brady.

Pats v Saints.

I want to see Bears v. Colts tho

They're saying it'll snow in Chicago for the NFC game. Maybe that means it will be another big game for the Deuce. Even with Grossman's improved play, I think the Saints are too hot to stop right now.

Also, I really, really hope the Colts win. Not just so Manning can get his Super Bowl ring (which would be nice), but just so I will be able to turn on ESPN without hearing about Brady and Belichick, the golden gods of football.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs