NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Chicago won't win the SB. This game proved it. Grossman will most certainly have a meltdown come the playoffs at least once, and since you play some of the actual best teams then, even the vaunted Bears defense won't be able to cover for 6 turnovers like that.

Neither team deserved to win today.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Chicago won't win the SB. This game proved it. Grossman will most certainly have a meltdown come the playoffs at least once, and since you play some of the actual best teams then, even the vaunted Bears defense won't be able to cover for 6 turnovers like that.

wait.....you think Grossman will remain healthy for 19 weeks? :)

Ben Roethlisberger had more than one 3 interception game during Pitts SB run, if memory serves. Also, While not great, Grossman had a solid game against Carolina last year in the playoffs. Unfortunatly, no one could stop Steve Smith.

Don't get me wrong, in Chicago, I've been the closest thing to a Grossman hater that exist (ignore the mvp talk from the last page). If you can pressure him, he panics. He makes 1-2 stupid throws a game, luckily those picks have been dropped before tonight. I've nearly been beaten by family and friends for constantly pointing this out. It's something he needs to learn not to do or eventually or Brian Grease will be starting. Remember, this is something like his 10th start in the NFL, and several of those game he didn't finish. The kids a rookie. **** happens. Now, if they lost the game, I'd be worried Rex would have a meltdown. They didn't though. His ego can recover, but he won't forget this one. And now they have the bye week.

Let's see how they bounce back.

Edited by kumquatq3

This is the NFL. You only need 1 poor game in the play offs to go home. There are no second chances like in other sports. He could through 8 combined TDs in the first two games (Bears will likely get a bye), and then screw up the SB and the first two games would be wasted.

Remember, the defense managed to win the game last night; but it was agaianst Arizona. They won't be playing crappy teams in the play offs so they won't be able to rely even on their vaunted defense as much as they did.

And, it wasn't really the turnovers that bother me. That happens. It was how he was playing. He nevereven though of adjusting how he was playing. Not once. It's like he completely gave up and was just throwing the ball for the ehck of it.

Edited by Volourn

This is the NFL. You only need 1 poor game in the play offs to go home. There are no second chances like in other sports. He could through 8 combined TDs in the first two games (Bears will likely get a bye), and then screw up the SB and the first two games would be wasted.

Show me a QB who didn't have one pretty bad game during the season. (not to meantion he's a rookie essentially)

and if Grossman has 1 bad game in every 6, odds are that game doesn't come in the playoffs, if you want to use "numbers".

You have a valid point, you're just taking it to far. Is Philly doomed because of their loss at home? Are the Ravens done because their defense failed them last week?

Any Given Sunday my friend.

They won't be playing crappy teams in the play offs so they won't be able to rely even on their vaunted defense as much as they did.

Their vaunted defense was giving up 7 points a game up until Monday. The day they had a fluke and gave up 23 points, they had another "fluke" and scored 2 touchdowns.

I like them odds.

Their a good team, they will go to the playoffs. Then, as always, all bets are off. Who picked the Steelers to win from the Wildcard slot?

It was how he was playing. He nevereven though of adjusting how he was playing. Not once. It's like he completely gave up and was just throwing the ball for the ehck of it.

Yep, got Brett Farve syndrome and he panicked. He also had recivers dropping balls left and right. He also had a running game that sucked that night. It WAS all on his shoulders in terms of offense. He isn't a world beater, as he showed. He is a rookie Big Ben or a Trent Dillfer, at least for now.

Edited by kumquatq3

His receivers hardly dropped any balls. They couldn't. His passes wer eusually nowhere near them. I think it's the worst QB performance I have *ever8 seen in the NFL. I'm sure you'll likely point out others; but meh. His fialures last night were 100% on him. He was pathetic man. Pathetic. Pathetic QBs don't deserve to win SB. And, he's not a rookie (though depending on NFL rules, he might be, how many games must one play to not be considered a rookie from past years?).

Sorry.

And, of course, the Bears are gonna make the play offs. They're a great team. Top 5 for sure.

Agreed, but you know what they say, that's what the good teams do. Find a way to win.

"They" are wrong. The really good teams stomp the crap out of their opposition.

You mean like out score them 31-7 through 5 of their 6 games played?

:lol:

I wasn't arguing that the Bears aren't a great team. I just like citing that article to contradict the conventional wisdom that close wins over good teams mean more than blowouts of creampuffs.

Personally, I'd say that after the Seattle win, the Bears are a lock to get the #1 seed in the NFC, and thus the favorite to make the Super Bowl. Their division is terrible, and number of good teams the NFC East & South (which play each other this season) will prevent any of them from getting more than 10 or 11 wins.

As for the AFC, NE = Rock, IND = Scissors, and DEN = paper.

His receivers hardly dropped any balls. They couldn't. His passes wer eusually nowhere near them. I think it's the worst QB performance I have *ever8 seen in the NFL. I'm sure you'll likely point out others; but meh. His fialures last night were 100% on him. He was pathetic man. Pathetic. Pathetic QBs don't deserve to win SB. And, he's not a rookie (though depending on NFL rules, he might be, how many games must one play to not be considered a rookie from past years?).

His game was pathetic. Not arguing that. Just stating he is not the sole reason for the performance. Where was the running game? His season so far is still one of the best in the NFL. Saying otherwise is foolish. I'm sorry one performance taints your perception of the overall season. And when did anyones perception of "deserving" have anything to do with who gets to and wins the superbowl? I'm sorry one of the possible eventual winners of the superbowl may not have earned it in your eyes! :) I know the Bears will see their eventually victory as a empty one, I assure you. Maybe next year.... ;)

And his recievers dropped 5 balls I can remember, two of them for first downs.

and I call him a "rookie" because he has never had a streak of more than 3 full games back to back till this season. IIRC, six games before this season, over the course of several seasons. He has spent more time in rehabilitation than on the football field.

Edited by kumquatq3

"and I call him a "rookie" because he has never had a streak of more than 3 full games back to back till this season."

So a carerr back up of 10+ seasons is considered a rookie just because they don't play 3 consecutive games? WOW!

And, if the Bears do manage to win the SB; the team would have earned it; but the QB would have gotten a free ride.

And, i exclaim:

NO MORE FREE RIDES!

"and I call him a "rookie" because he has never had a streak of more than 3 full games back to back till this season."

So a carerr back up of 10+ seasons is considered a rookie just because they don't play 3 consecutive games? WOW!

In my usuage of "basically a rookie", I'd say so. I'm refering to their expirence/playtime, rather than thier first year. He's making "rookie" mistakes.

Obviously, by the book, you are correct.This is not his offical rookie year.

NO MORE FREE RIDES!

I still don't see it. How is 5 MVP type games + 1 horrible game = free ride?

I mean, the back ups (damn rookies) have free rides, Grossman has to go out and play.

• 2 weeks later...
Bears do manage to win the SB; the team would have earned it; but the QB would have gotten a free ride.

And, i exclaim:

NO MORE FREE RIDES!

3 TD passes at the half, 18/22 passing at the half, 202 passing at the half, 9.2 yards per pass

I post the half stats, because at 41 points at the half, he will get pulled pretty soon.

O, 41 points at the half = new franchise record...and no defensive points :devil:

Did he get a free ride today? :devil:"

That's 6/7 games played by Rex with MVP numbers.

please keep your humble apology brief :cool:

K: I don't need to apologize humbly or toherwise. if the Bears are to win the SB they *won't* be playing SF. Come back when he actually does those k,ind of numbers against 3 contenders IN A ROW without ebarassing himself against a crappy team like Arizona.

He don't impress me much.

The Bears will NOT win the SB because of Grossman; if they win it'll be INSPITE of him.

K: I don't need to apologize humbly or toherwise. if the Bears are to win the SB they *won't* be playing SF. Come back when he actually does those k,ind of numbers against 3 contenders IN A ROW without ebarassing himself against a crappy team like Arizona.

The Bears will NOT win the SB because of Grossman; if they win it'll be INSPITE of him.

I knew you'd say that. Crappy team or not, 6 performances out of 7 like that agaisnt NFL caliber players and there is something to be said. Maybe he isn't Montana, but he isn't Kyle Orton (I :blink: Orton) either where the team carriers him.

Ok, let's see. If he performs well during the Bears upcoming 3 road game stretch (in a row), then will you humbly beg for forgiveness from Sexy Rexy?

Next week Miami at home, then:

@NY Giants

@NY Jets

@NE Patriots

Minnesota at home

He don't impress me much.

OK, Shania :(

"Ok, let's see. If he performs well during the Bears upcoming 3 road game stretch (in a row), then will you humbly beg for forgiveness from Sexy Rexy?

Next week Miami at home, then:

@NY Giants

@NY Jets

@NE Patriots

Minnesota at home"

If he does well against the Giants and Patriots. Those other two teams are overrated, imo.

And, LOL. You caught the Shania reference. Nice. :thumbsup:

I'll probably watch tonight's game between the Vikes and the Pats, as I'm curious how it will end up. Hopefully, Chester Taylor will have another huge game and Doug Gabriel will catch a TD or two, because they're both on my fantasy team and I'm 10 points down. My opponent had Marques Colston and Vinitieri... grrr.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs