Medieval: Total War II

alanschu

The only thing that's stopping me getting more excited about this game is whether my pos computer can run it.

Hopefully we'll get some idea of the specs soon.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

The only thing that's stopping me getting more excited about this game is whether my pos computer can run it.

Hopefully we'll get some idea of the specs soon.

yeah .. I doubt my outdated Pc can even load this game .. why is life so unfair? why are we driven on this endless spending spree?

Fortune favors the bald.

Ok, I might have to start saving, but Dark Crusade looks so good too! :lol: Grey Knights, Lords and Tau!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

oh okay .. I can play RTW in a decent resolution, but it's cutting it close to what my computer can handle .. maybe I should invest in some new hardware just to be on the safe side .. I don't know what would happen if I couldn't play this game once it's released! :p

Fortune favors the bald.

"Why is the apocalypse upon us?"

"Some dude in Denmark got really agitated when he couldn't find any video-card drivers for his new game. I hope this isn't some kind of new trend."

Maybe they should tone the game down?

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

So the 5 starting factions are England, Holy Roman Empire, France, Venice, and Spain. 12 Unlockable factions naturally.

I plan on playing the English. Who do YOU want to be?

EDIT: Check this out.

England, Holy Roman Empire, France, Venice, Spain => these 5 are starting factions.

Milan, Sicily, Hungary, Russia, Egypt, Moors, Danes, Scotland, Portugal, Byzantynes, Turkey, Poland => these are unlockable factions

Aztecs, Mongols, Timmerids, Papal States => These are non-playable in campaign, but you can play them in custom battles.

The reason those 4 are non playable is obvious; Aztecs appear through the discovery of America, the Mongols and Timmerids are invasion armies and Papal states involves the Pope.

*Unit speeds and kill speeds have been decreases;

I can't really put it in numbers, but it *is* down.

*There are 8 Historical Battles planned, I have played a demo which had the Battle of Avincourt (the famous battle which involves a lot of arrows and mud :() and the battle of Pavia (where you play the HRE with Spain AI allies versus the French).

*A public demo is in the works and nearing completion

*They are aiming for minimum specs of; P4 1.8 Ghz Geforce4 128.

*Cow launching is IN!

*Timmerids get the funky rocket launchers

*Generals can't be given titles like in Med 1

*No eras like in Med1, there is only one campaign period.

*Campaign battle replay... is uncertain. It *was* in, but they all thought it might have been recently removed. They asked if I thought it was an important feature. Since this question was asked multiple times, and I personally felt it is really nice as well, I said we would all really like it and they responded that they will try to convey that to CA Australia and hope they put it in.

Ohboyoboyoboy.

Edited by alanschu

For the glory of Rome!

This an RTS? These game have piqued my interests latley. Conquering your enemies is good fun.

it's empire building with rts. Think civilization with less diplomacy more stabby and better combat (the combat is rts with you as the general if you choose.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Is there a time limit? The last RTS I played was Rise of Nations and I didn't like there being a time limit of how fast you could build your nation before your enemy advanced to a next level ahead of you in technology.

only that you get 250 strategic turns before having to quit... which is ample opportunity to absolutly murder the opposing factions.

each turn is about a 1/2 year.

Unlike RON you don't have to fight each turn to take over everything, the "long" game victory conditions in "vanilla" is fifty provinces and control of rome. Generally you can pull this off if you take greece germany france spain and the italian peninsula.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm going to play as either Spain or Venice, or Russia and modded Mongols.

It's gonna be a while before I get the game, so I guess there will be a wealth of modded stuff then.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Portugal will rule all!!!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I met an ex-pat Genoan, and when I chatted about the Venetians he was most indignant that his precious city and her fine history was ignobly dismissed by history, in favour of her neighbour ... "we lost one little war!" he lamented. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is there a time limit? The last RTS I played was Rise of Nations and I didn't like there being a time limit of how fast you could build your nation before your enemy advanced to a next level ahead of you in technology.

only that you get 250 strategic turns before having to quit... which is ample opportunity to absolutly murder the opposing factions.

each turn is about a 1/2 year.

Unlike RON you don't have to fight each turn to take over everything, the "long" game victory conditions in "vanilla" is fifty provinces and control of rome. Generally you can pull this off if you take greece germany france spain and the italian peninsula.

Sounds like fun already. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

No word on release date, right?

Can't wait till Byzantines, and my second pick tends to be France. In most games I like playing the 'minnows' and building them up, but I like my TW games to have the vaguest relation to history... none of these Polish ruling Europe things. Just breaks my suspension of disbelief, if you will.

That link that I posted recently was a guy that went to some show that had the game listing.

He took questions from the TWCenter forums, and asked them there. He commented that a demo was coming soon, and that release was slated for I think November.