What does you all think of this?

><FISH'>

I hope you're being humourous, Gfted1.

Why, do you think homosexuality is "curable"? :)

No, but it's not a genetic defect either. Nor is homosexuality a "flawed desire".

Oh, dont get too wound up over the term "genetic defect". Genetic defects come in all sizes and shapes such as heart disease, poor eyesight, cerebal palsey, etc... I mysleft have a genetic defect which requires me to wear contact lenses.

So, with that said, homosexuality is either a genetic defect or a choice. Which do you feel it is? I feel it is a defect because the number one priority of any organism is to reproduce, which obviously homosexuality prevents unless you suppress it.

I don't think homosexuality is genetic at all, precisely for that reason. Soon or later, such a gene would eventually disappear.

Bisexuality, however, could be genetic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't think homosexuality is genetic at all, precisely for that reason. Soon or later, such a gene would eventually disappear.

So, IYO, its a choice? Its environmental?

Hmm, interesting. Why would bi-sexuality be genetic? Some sort of "crossed wires" in the brain? If bi-sexuality is genetic why not homosexuality?

I think he's referring to calling it "generic defect", as in we're somehow mutants.

I think it's something that evolves when growing up, and I'm actually the third son in the family... triva for those who believe in the 3rd and 4th son theory.  :ermm:

Whats the 3rd and 4th son theory?

There has been the odd scientific article of of how homosexuality could be Mother Nature's way of population control. So, all natural, but not normal as such.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So, IYO, its a choice? Its environmental?

Hmm, interesting. Why would bi-sexuality be genetic? Some sort of "crossed wires" in the brain? If bi-sexuality is genetic why not homosexuality?

My theory goes like this. It's not attraction to this or that sex that is genetic (that is always choice/environment related), but a desire to have sex is genetic. As such everyone is potentially bisexual, but due to upbringing ends up on only one side of the tracks, so to speak. This would also explain why a lot of people, under the right conditions (jail or military for example), change their orientantion temporarily.

Heja Sverige!!

My theory goes like this. It's not attraction to this or that sex that is genetic (that is always choice/environment related), but a desire to have sex is genetic. As such everyone is potentially bisexual, but due to upbringing ends up on only one side of the tracks, so to speak. This would also explain why a lot of people, under the right conditions (jail or military for example), change their orientantion temporarily.

You make a good case but Im not sure I agree with the bolded part. Lest say you met identical twins, one male, one female. They look exactly alike except for maybe hair length and boobs (same face, height, weight, body type, etc...). You feel the only thing attracting you to one sex or the other is your upbringing?

I forgot to address your point about nature breeding homosexuality out of existance if it was genetic. Has exactly that occured in all species except the great apes?

What I keep wondering is; if homosexuality is genetic, wouldn't gays being generally accepted and allowed to marry be a bad thing for gays?

No more shaming into marriages would mean no more passing on genes; so in a few generations, homosexuality will be bred out of the gene pool.

It seems to me religious fanatics and homosexuals are both fighting on the wrong side of the cause.

"You two guys WILL marry"

"You can't force us!"

EDIT: ****, someone already made this point. I didn't see there was a 4th page. Sorry.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I don't think you can "inherit" homosexuality. :D I doubt that you could breed out gays by not letting them breed. :ermm:

That sounds so wrong.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Who?

Kum?

kirottu said:

You make a good case but Im not sure I agree with the bolded part. Lest say you met identical twins, one male, one female. They look exactly alike except for maybe hair length and boobs (same face, height, weight, body type, etc...). You feel the only thing attracting you to one sex or the other is your upbringing?

If were to meet such a pair, I would only feel attracted to the female but I wouldn't really know why. But I'm sure various events in my very early life "conspired" to make me prefer the females of the species, rather than the males.

Also, note that when I say upbringing, I mean everything that makes a person what (s)he is today, except for genes.

Heja Sverige!!

Thread went whooooooshhh for me

kirottu said:

I recorded a song called Woooosshhh once.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sorry, it was "Wooosshhhhh"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I forgot to address your point about nature breeding homosexuality out of existance if it was genetic. Has exactly that occured in all species except the great apes?

I don't think strict homosexuality exists in nature (besides human beings, that is). There's plenty of sexual interaction between animals of the same sex, of course, but never exclusively. All animals are bound to get some heterosexual lovin' now and then.

I could be wrong, though.

Heja Sverige!!

Is it possible to have identical twins that are of different sex?

Is it possible to have identical twins that are of different sex?

I dunno but I was only using that case as an example.

@Pidesco: After mulling it over for a bit Im inclined to disagree that people are born bi-sexual and later choose. IMO, that leave too much up in the air regarding an organisms reproduction and simply put, nature isnt that sloppy. I mean, if you are right, it would be theoretically possible to "train" and entire generation to be homosexual. Also, there is a long history of treating women as sexual objects or baby factories. Wouldnt that have influenced the vast majority of people to choose heterosexuality (at least the males)? In addition, if the deciding factor is the environment you are raised in I would be hard pressed to believe anyone is actively encouraging their children to be homosexual so where are the influences coming from if not society and not your home life?

Edited by Gfted1