The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

Heh, I was (sorta) being facetious -- part of me feels all icky inside after using that word (and I'd like to think that's me better part). Basically, I'm not that big a Danger Mouse fan (I liked 4 tracks off St. Elsewhere and didn't mind DangerDoom much, but it really does pale in comparison to Madvillain -- I do love Madlib).

Actually, I was thinking about:

f93899crhvi.jpg

But Tystnaden's on right now, so I'll give it a listen later.

And, uh, I've just remembered about Ghetto Pop Life and how I've yet to give it a proper listen.

I'm just a brother who never compromised his integrity!

The song "Ghetto Pop Life" is pretty sweet, IM(barely educated)O. I mean, he's got a bullet in the clip. He also has a lyric he could spit. So what do you want?

Johnny Cash - Let the Train Blow the Whistle

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Finntroll - Ormh

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But Tystnaden's on right now

No matter how many times I watch this film, Gunnel Lindblom's breasts continue to amaze me, and that chick in the circus stands, holy, uh, coitus. And, and, uh, the face Thulin makes while fingering herself is, well, the stuff masterpieces are made of. Like, I might just buy the DVD to watch that scene again and again and again. I really do love Nykvist. I really really do. As for Bergman, I've seen too many of his flicks to have anything but respect for the man and his work (around 20, if you're interested).

The song "Ghetto Pop Life" is pretty sweet, IM(barely educated)O. I mean, he's got a bullet in the clip. He also has a lyric he could spit. So what do you want?

I really like Jemini's delivery. And dude, it's really really great to hear Prince Po again (of Organized Konfusion fame -- I know most people think Monch was by far the better MC of the duo, and he probably was lyrically, but I for one prefer Po's delivery on half their tracks). God, I know I'm reminiscing, and it's sorta annoying, but I was listening to this Young Jeezy track yesterday and while the beat was passable, his lyrics completely and utterly blew, I mean, P. Diddy could probably out-rhyme him in a random battle.

Danger Mouse And Jemini - Copy Cats (Feat. Prince Po).

Good track. I smiled -- and was genuinely happy -- when they went platinum 2 weeks ago. Oh and I heard that Gnarls Barkley|Biggie mix the other day at a mate's, and I can't really say I'm impressed.

Danger Mouse And Jemini - Ghetto Pop Life.

Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces

Goddamn, what a great video. Brilliant.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Bouncing Souls-The Gold Record

Rise Against-The Sufferer and the Witness

My 2 favorite bands both have recent releases. Life is sweet. :rolleyes:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This is some Daft Punk track, but I can't name it.

kirottu said:

Kirottu, I watched about two seconds of that video and saw a well-oiled male chest. I believe I will watch the rest later. If you know what I mean;)

:o

I showed that music video to a woman I was interested in. She kept looking at me with wierd look in her face. I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sonic Youth -- Santa Don't Cop Out On Dope

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Beatles "Helter Skelter"

(Lennon/McCartney)

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride

Till I get to the bottom and I see you again

Yeah yeah yeah hey

Do you, don't you want me to love you

I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you

Tell me tell me tell me come on tell me the answer

Well you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Now helter skelter helter skelter

Helter skelter yeah

Ooh!

Will you, won't you want me to make you

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you

Tell me tell me tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out helter skelter helter skelter

Helter skelter ooh

Look out, cos here she comes

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide

And I stop and I turn and I go for a ride

And I get to the bottom and I see you again

Yeah yeah yeah

Well do you, don't you want me to make you

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you

Tell me tell me tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out helter skelter helter skelter

Helter skelter

Look out helter skelter

She's coming down fast

Yes she is

Yes she is coming down fast

[My head is spinning, ooh...

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, alrgiht!

I got blisters on my fingers!]

The Beatles "Black Bird"

You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Social Distortion - Angel's Wings

I couldn't wait. If my Social D hype is at this level now, it will be interesting to see how crazy I am the week before the show...

So, Mike sings about love a lot on this record. And man, the chorus to Highway 101 is a killer. Rock solid work from Mike Ness & co.

I was kinda bummed I missed Rancid this week, but it was a Wednesday night and I had a lot of stuff to do at work Thursday. So a hangover and five hours of sleep probably would not have been for the best.

The Posies - Earlier Than Expected

Yessssss. This is good.