The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

Sunday morning, three (relatively) new albums (to me, as in "I've just got them" or "haven't yet listened to them, uh, much").

f26726js8yd.jpge95520s4ow2.jpgd380030kwq0.jpg

It's been a hard morning, and I am -- for the first time in months -- contemplating watching a Godard flick, namely: Tout va bien. And, like, this sounds even more pretentious than the norm, bursting with marxist dreg. Thing is, I like Yves Montand, and Jane Fonda was hot once, like really hot. I fondly remember that Poe adaptation her hubby made in the, uh, late 60s? Yeah, Vadim can't direct and his segment was by far the worst of the three, but Fonda, Fonda was gorgeous. (Sorta) Wish I had a copy.

Mononoke-hime soundtrack.

I REGRET NOTHING EITHER!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I heard it's pretty much emo-rock, just with female vocals and without screamo. Is that right?

T

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It doesn't sound like emo to me.

More like... utterly generic hard rock.

Neil Young - Let's Impeach The President

Good ol' Neil. As subtle as an elephant. An elephant laden with bricks. Screaming it's head off. Wrapped in crime scene tape. PINK crime scene tape.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Savath & Savalas -- A La Nit

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I heard it's pretty much emo-rock, just with female vocals and without screamo. Is that right?

T

kirottu said:

B000000OUJ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yeah, this is pretty much my desert-island album (don't you just hate such obvious, over-used, borderline barf-inducing cliches?). Mingus at Antibes comes close. Man, that was one my first Jazz albums -- perhaps the first, you know, the one, the mythical mumbo-jumbo one, the one you remember and reminisce about on lonely net-nerd forums at 5 AM, talking loud and proud 'bout them funny sounding words and phrases you've (barely) just thought of and (already) written in that (little) square-like space. That or this Miles Davis compilation whose name I've long forgotten... God Child?. I still own the tape, funny things tapes, CDs are funny in the same way, I guess, the-not-funny-at-all-unless-you're-up-at-5-AM-too-tired-to-wank-and-too-sane-to-sleep-way.

Yeah, in fact, I'ma gonna listen to it now, cause while I love Hip-Hop, 5 AM is way too late an hour, maybe some Bartok afterwards. Or The Stones or some other purebred Rock'n'Roll, yeah, something like that anyway, Leonard Cohen? Nah, I'd be too depressed, I'm already numb, I don't need that, uh, thinking, thinking, uh, The Twilight Singers make for good late night music, and they sure get loads of love 'round these parts. Then there's the single most perfect late-night rock song: Omerta. "I don't sleep 'cuz sleep iz the cousin of death -- 'Least that's what Nas say." Now, I for one, don't much care 'bout what "Nas say". But, then again, that's just me.

Edit: Holy Hell.

Edited by Baley

Third Eye Blind - Deep Inside of You

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Daft Punk - One more time

Then it's gonna be Around the World

kirottu said: