The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

The Sea & Cake ~ The Cantina

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Show rocked. They were loud as hell, and my head is gonna hurt tomorrow. Supersuckers opened, they were tight. They played the three songs of theirs that I knew, including the Willie Nelson cover, so I was happy.

then Social D came on a little after 10 and rocked everyone's faces to the back of the theater. Pretty good mix of songs from all their albums, with the Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell songs getting the most play and the band playing one new song called "Bakersfield," about a city in California where Mike Ness says "fun goes to die."

They opened with a short, rippin' instrumental then went right into "Bad Luck." I won't tell what they closed with, cause Laozi's still going to see them, but it was an expected showstopper.

All in all two very tired thumbs up.

Edit: Again, YouTube rules for finding me one of hte most memorable songs from the Supersuckers set.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

You can color me hellajealous, DD. Hell, I'd even swap my high speed internet for Mr.Laozis' cruddy dialup if I could take his place at the upcoming show... :ermm:

Stereophonics - Mr.Writer

I used to treat you right

give you my time

but when I turn my back on you

then you do what you do

edit: it's still not cool to wear earplugs to a show, right?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

You can color me hellajealous, DD.  Hell, I'd even swap my high speed internet for Mr.Laozis' cruddy dialup if I could take his place at the upcoming show... :-

Stereophonics  -  Mr.Writer

I used to treat you right

give you my time

but when I turn my back on you

then you do what you do

edit:  it's still not cool to wear earplugs to a show, right?

Nope, not too cool. Although at some shows, I'd wish for them (Dalek, I'm looking at you). Here's a cool bonus: I'm totally forgiven for moving a little slow at work today, because it turns out my boss no. 2 is a Social D fan!

I see you're on a Stereophonics kick, Kor. I'm a pretty big fan of their Performance and ****tails album, which has Pick a Part That's New, Hurry Up and Wait, The Bartender and the Thief and many more great alt-rockers.

And props for the Phantom, Draken. I used to be totally gay for the Phantom soundtrack. Ah, who am I kidding, I still am.

Silently the senses abandon their defenses, helpless to resist the notes I write

The power of the music of the night

Judas Priest - Paint it Black(cover obviously)

I'm so gonna listen to all covers made from the original masterpiece tonight.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Judas Priest - Paint it Black(cover obviously)

I'm so gonna listen to all covers made from the original masterpiece tonight.

Wow. Same here. JP's Paint it Black cover. But i think Taetre's cover is much more better.

Well, while i was writing this post, A touch of evil has begun.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I Am Ghost - Dark Carnival Of The Immaculate.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Marc Ribot - Kivah.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Slaget vid Blods

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bruce Springsteen -

, Hammersmith Odeon, 1975

Absolutely incendiary performance of my all-time favorite Springsteen song. An example of some of the best story-song writing in American music, well, ever.