meta in Las Vegas

Cantousent

I've been to both Finland and Denmark this summer. You bet I made sure NOT to mention anything game related or Obsidian related just because of that. Everytime I went to take a leak it felt like a kirottu was watching me from the shadows. Everywhere I went in Denmark, I swear I could see a smoking Rosbjerg disappearing around a corner.

It was horrible.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Even worse would be Gorth.

Anyhow, back to the topic, I don't think it's all that strange to meet folks with whom you associate online. Hell, I wish I could have stopped by to see Child and Calax while I was up in Northern California.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Anyhow, back to the topic, I don't think it's all that strange to meet folks with whom you associate online.  Hell, I wish I could have stopped by to see Child and Calax while I was up in Northern California.

why don't you come back up and we can... "visit" :wacko:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I can be a great resource if you are in another country.. someone local you know a little about to give you pointers etc.. If any of you ever come by Denmark I'll be glad to show you.. around ... :wacko:

Fortune favors the bald.

Isn't Child under 18?

Wouldn't that be a little creepy?

You know, before now the internet and one cute girl in my Math and Software classes are the only people who've gotten my age right. I hate you.

the "internet" doesn't he count as part of that?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Isn't Child under 18?

Wouldn't that be a little creepy?

You know, before now the internet and one cute girl in my Math and Software classes are the only people who've gotten my age right. I hate you.

the "internet" doesn't he count as part of that?

Yeah Jim don't loop us into one collective group.

Or ANYONE from New Zealand.

Anyhow, back to the topic, I don't think it's all that strange to meet folks with whom you associate online.  Hell, I wish I could have stopped by to see Child and Calax while I was up in Northern California.

You live about five minutes (on a super-powered motorbike) from them: there must be some other reason for you not visiting ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Tom Fools

Now, as to the age, I balk at meeting minors, even at safe public places. Frankly, minors should never, ever arrange to meet folks from the internet. meta and I are adults. That's one thing. We are in a position to take a variety of risks associated with meeting strangers.

On the other hand, in terms of the so called "strangeness" of meeting folks from the internet, would it be strange if we took a class together, hit it off, and then had coffee after class, maybe studied, and talked about computer games?

Really, some of you folks are a little uptight. :Cant's poking fun at his fellow internet geeks icon:

EDIT: No. I live about five hours of hard driving from them. Listen, I would rather have seen Jim and Calax than spend an entire week with my God forsaken in-laws anyhow! Grrrr.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Now, as to the age, I balk at meeting minors, even at safe public places.  Frankly, minors should never, ever arrange to meet folks from the internet.  meta and I are adults.  That's one thing.  We are in a position to take a variety of risks associated with meeting strangers.

On a (momentary) serious note, I concur that minors should NOT under any circumstances agree to meet (or even give out their personal contact information) with ANYONE over the internet.

Otherwise, I'll send Candy around to sort you out.

I am big and ugly enough to meet someone in a crowded public place and take them down to China town if they are not what they seem.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Most restraunt/store coffee sucks. Not that I'm a coffee person, that's just what I hear. Even my hubby thinks Starbucks is pretty bad, although he'll drink it because, well, he's addicted to coffee. :-

Peets is supposed to be pretty good...mostly their beans tho, rather than the coffee they serve in the store, which is usually on the burner too long and burnt; a common store problem.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mediterranean ones: Italy, France, Turkey, any Arabic country, etc. The Napoli coffee I enjoyed whilst I was there was in a differnt league and sport to the commoditized lowest-bid-supplier sludge I endured in Vegas.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT