Shameless Firefly Fan

Fionavar

http://www.donetheimpossible.com/index.php

Yes this is most exciting! Yes I am a Geckling! And yes I am sharing this with anyone else who might care. I really do feel that this series has affirmed the power to which the medium of television often fails to aspire. Great writing - most humourous - special FX and some palatable people ... yes my plug is done :huh:

Not quite: I wonder what an cRPG of Firefly might look like ...

/moment of self-divulging

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

It's a fan made documentary that is rather extensive in its coverage and lots of geeky things like scripts and stuff - cool, eh? :shifty:

@ meta - there are already indications Universal is considering a second movie due to DVD sales of Serenity - this sort of thing will only add to that possibility ...

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

there are already indications Universal is considering a second movie due to DVD sales of Serenity - this sort of thing will only add to that possibility ...

Awesome. :)

YES!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, like do I currently have two warnings?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

joss should not have directed the movie. felt like a 2 hour long tv episode... with 1 big space battle thrown in to suck up some sfx dollars... and joss' fascination with teen girl superheroes is just a little creepy. river were a terrible character, and the fact that she got so much screen time in the movie made it less enjoyable for Gromnir. the plotting were pretty pedestrian, but we not expect much from a sci-fi adventure vehicle, but joss really showed directorial limitations with the movie as characters and images were... limited.

the show were hit & miss, but we really did like some of the episodes... "out of gas" (might have screwed up the title,) were some excellent tv storytelling. would much rather have prefered that dvd sales had resurected the series, as did family guy, rather than inspiring a half-arsed movie release that had less than impressive sales which pretty much killed real hopes of a follow-up.

you got a mediocre 2 hour movie.

on the other hand, if you had gotten only another half season out of firefly that woulda been 13 more episodes... and if even half of those were good....

studio screwed firefly the first time, but joss managed to screw firefly the second time around.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

From what I understand in regard to the movie is something quite similar to what happened with the series. Universal put a lot of control stops in and the result was a movie that tried to be too many things, not b/c the content was not present, but b/c those who were controlling the purse did not have the same visions (a la Fox). Of course I am completely not objective in this regard ... well if such a claim can ever be true.

It is interesting to hear Joss talk in the extras on the Serenity DVD and then listen to what happened when he was involved with Aliens 3. It seems to me that vision and creativity are indeed a difficult thing to merge in a the medium of tv/movies. I feel that Firefly portends what that creativity might be - I also feel that the Firefly phenomenon (though akin to the Star Trek fan base) challenges a paradigm now with DVDs and secondary source sales challenging main stream channels (movie releases). It' an interesting world out there ...

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Firefly and Serenity were some of the best science fiction in recent years. Only the new battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are better. Frankly I rather be watching more movies like Serenity than more mindless drivel that has become of Star Wars any day of the week.

I am hoping to check it out locally - if they carry it. What formats does iTunes provide it in? I'm more in want of renting at this point - but my options are limited sometimes (ie fancy urban store that rents TV Series by the DVD!)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Actually the province is pretty well wired for high speed in towns that exceed 5k. It's one of the advantage of Crown Corporations imo -_- Hence why the iTunes option might be worth looking into. I might also look into renting from NetFlix if I cannot in fact rent it locally.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

From what I understand in regard to the movie is something quite similar to what happened with the series. Universal put a lot of control stops in and the result was a movie that tried to be too many things, not b/c the content was not present, but b/c those who were controlling the purse did not have the same visions (a la Fox). Of course I am completely not objective in this regard ... well if such a claim can ever be true.

From what I've heard Joss say was that he was actually surprised at how little interference the studio had on his movie.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmmm I may have to revist the Serenity commentary, but I was certain there were - albeit polite - references to the final expectations, as opposed to the freedom in the direction itself.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I don't get the "brown coat" reference. Are you trying to say you're one of those people who go out naked under a trench coat and rub up against people in a large crowd? Theres a word for that, I forget what its called.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.