Kreia's REAL name?

Greetings folks...had a question and ask that you forgive me if this has already been addressed but in the game when the Exile returns to Telos (after Kreia kills the remaining masters on Dantooine), he/she asks Atris "Where is Kreia?".

Atris responds something along the lines of "Kreia?...that is not her name"

If that was not her name, was Atris trying to say Kreia's real name is/was Darth Traya or did she go by another name before she was exiled herself?

I'm not even going to go down the "Oh Master Kae is really Kreia" road since no one can seem to agree or not on that idea.

What do you think? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I havent read anything that clarifies this.

Greetings folks...had a question and ask that you forgive me if this has already been addressed but in the game when the Exile returns to Telos (after Kreia kills the remaining masters on Dantooine), he/she asks Atris "Where is Kreia?".

If that was not her name, was Atris trying to say Kreia's real name is/was Darth Traya or did she go by another name before she was exiled herself?

I'm not even going to go down the "Oh Master Kae is really Kreia" road since no one can seem to agree or not on that idea.

What do you think? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I havent read anything that clarifies this.

I think here name was Traya, but she changed it after getting kicked out of malachor. The game mentions three sith lords, one of hunger, one of pain, and one of betrayal. Traya is betrayel, sion is pain, and the other guy with the mask is hunger (His name is rarely mentioned and I can never remember it).

It's not the fact that no one agrees that Kreia "may" be Arren Kae, it is the fact that the only possible evidence is pure conjection.

As it happens with KOTOR, names added after "Darth" are frequently the individuals real name. Darth Revan was Revan, Darth Malak was Malak, so by all logic Darth Traya would be Traya. It is only a theory. The complete opposite seems to be the case for the movies.

wookiedance.gif

Im sure that Darth Traya is a belief more than anything else, because Atris (or Kriea) said that there must always be a Darth Traya. Also from Obsidians early work, Atris was supposed to be Darth Traya (or at least could be the alternative Darth Traya), but that was all cut. Kriea was certainly not her name, but was merely a cover for which to observe the exile with. All we know for sure is that "Kriea" Trained Revan, was cast out of the Jedi Order AND her Sith apprentices Nihilus and Sion :lol:

It's not the fact that no one agrees that Kreia "may" be Arren Kae, it is the fact that the only possible evidence is pure conjection.

As it happens with KOTOR, names added after "Darth" are frequently the individuals real name.  Darth Revan was Revan, Darth Malak was Malak, so by all logic Darth Traya would be Traya.  It is only a theory.  The complete opposite seems to be the case for the movies.

Yeah there is no solid proof kreia is kae but i feel she is

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

If somebody truthfully tried, they could connect anything to anything.

Kreia's REAL name?
Kreia. Duh. Atris calls her that, even after saying that it's not her name. This is why I think she was figuratively speaking about the Sith identity.

I am sure if somebody truthfully tried, they could make a connection.

It is a 'logical' connection rather than one printed in black and white. One of the things that I appreciate about CA's writing is that he generally doesn't hit you over the head; but in this instance I think he put a bit too fine a point on it.

After all, if there was nothing to be discovered about Kreia's identity, why so many dialogue lines devoted to it? To Arren Kae? It certainly wasn't for Handmaiden's sake.

In the ending as we know it, it really makes no difference; it only rounds out character motivation. But then it isn't the end that counts, it's the journey.

As it happens with KOTOR, names added after "Darth" are frequently the individuals real name.  Darth Revan was Revan, Darth Malak was Malak, so by all logic Darth Traya would be Traya.  It is only a theory.  The complete opposite seems to be the case for the movies.

Yeah there is no solid proof kreia is kae but i feel she is

Dont you think she would spend more time with her daughter or at least talk to her once.

Dont you think she would spend more time with her daughter or at least talk to her once.

That is not who Kreia is. Maybe in the real world it might be the case. Kreia's one goal was to destroy the Force and she only needed one person, the Exile. Everyone else is of no consequence to her. And by the new canon of Female Exile, the Handmaiden doesn't even exist as a NPC and by that, there would be no mention of her or Arren Kae.

This isn't a weepy, whiney game scenario of a mother and daughter reconnected.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

That is not who Kreia is. Maybe in the real world it might be the case. Kreia's one goal was to destroy the Force and she only needed one person, the Exile. Everyone else is of no consequence to her. And by the new canon of Female Exile, the Handmaiden doesn't even exist as a NPC and by that, there would be no mention of her or Arren Kae.

This isn't a weepy, whiney game scenario of a mother and daughter reconnected.

Exactly and we proply wont find out one or another because of the exiles gender. There really is no need to explain if kreia is kae in the next game because the handmaden isnt with the exlie so there is no room really in the plot unless they add somthing else. Still however i feel that obsidan had kreia as kae but may not have had time to add it to the plot of k2.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Traya is not a name, it is title.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect
Exactly and we proply wont find out one or another because of the exiles gender. There really is no need to explain if kreia is kae in the next game because the handmaden isnt with the exlie so there is no room really in the plot unless they add somthing else. Still however i feel that obsidan had kreia as kae but may not have had time to add it to the plot of k2.

For a start, if there is a KOTOR III, it may be set in an entirely new timeline and abandon the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch instead of bringing closure to it. Secondly, if KOTOR III does wrap up the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch, then it's likely that we will be able to and SHOULD be able to select the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile, KOTOR III surely won't be based off the 'canon' Revan and 'canon' Exile, so what your saying about the Handmaiden not being with the Exile is not true, because if you set the Exile as a male, then she does travel with him, re-establishing the possibility of us finding out whether Kreia is Kae or not in KOTOR III.

Edited by The Architect

I think here name was Traya, but she changed it after getting kicked out of malachor. The game mentions three sith lords, one of hunger, one of pain, and one of betrayal. Traya is betrayel, sion is pain, and the other guy with the mask is hunger (His name is rarely mentioned and I can never remember it).

i believe the sith lord you can't remember is Darth Nihlus

i believe that Atris only said that Kreia wasn't her name because Atris knew that Kreia was a sith lord, Darth Traya. generally when a sith takes on a new name, everyone refers to that person as "Darth ____" so in effect Kreia is her original name, but when she was exiled the went to malachor 5 and took on the name "Darth Traya"

I dont think so... Darth Vaders name isnt Vader.

Her name is never revealed, she is refered to by the jedi masters and Disciple as "Revans First Master"

Come to think of it, Whats Attons real name ? :) (it is revealed that he isnt what he appears to be...)

Edited by aerowars617

Guest The Architect

Put it this way, the Jedi Masters never call "Kreia" by her name, so the possibility of Kae being Kreia cannot be dismissed, especially considering the similarities between them and observations that suggest "Kreia=Kae'.

I think Kreia is Kae, but it cannot be proven, however, there is no existing proof to show that Kreia is not Kae, so either way, the arguement will remain at a stalemate, until it is proven that Kreia is or isn't Kae. Only KOTOR III, or some official 'canon' source can prove whether Kreia is Kae or not, but nothing has been said about this issue, it is just mere speculation at the moment.

As it happens with KOTOR, names added after "Darth" are frequently the individuals real name.  Darth Revan was Revan, Darth Malak was Malak, so by all logic Darth Traya would be Traya.

wookiedance.gif