Hitman: Blood Money

I thought the disarming-maneuver-to-headshot looked pretty badass in Blood Money.

Although I have yet to even start the game. It's just lying on my shelf among a dozen other games needing a playthrough. :thumbsup:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, I'm downloading the demo for this one right now.  It's funny, but I was considering Chaos Theory because I keep seeing you folks talk about that one also.  I'll give this one a shot and, if the demo makes me think twice, I'll look for the Chaos Theory one and try it.  I don't care about the story or anything.  I'm mostly interested in gameplay for right now.  A tutorial level would be perfect for me.

Unfortunately, the demo/tutorial for Blood Money is pretty linear and not fun.

Final level kicks ass, took me a little to figure out how to start it. :ermm:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Okay, before I had to leave, I finished off that poor bastard in the amusement park and then planted the bomb. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to activate it. That's because I'm f'n stupid and I'm sure I should have accessed the switch in my inventory, but I didn't have time to replay the level.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow, that's an interesting idea, Bok. I'll try it just for laughs when I get home. Am I wrong in supposing that there isn't a save feature in Hitman? Could be a problem, I suppose, but as long as it's within reason, I'll live with it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

There is a save feature. How many you get depends on the difficulty level.

The highest difficulty you get, infinite, 7, 3, and zero based on the difficulty.

EDIT: Per level that is.

Edited by alanschu

and it's from bottom to top kor...

All in all the game can be fairly intuitive. just frustrating because you have to take your weapons home to get em in your armory (that place is huge btw) and in places like New Orleans you can't exactly do that and NOT attract attention.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, I'm still looking at the demo, but the gameplay looks fun so I'll probably pick up the title. Normally, I don't use a demo to decide on a game, but you folks had me convinced as to the story and the premise already. It was just a question of whether or not I could handle the mechanics. Nevertheless, I was impressed by a couple of things, even from the demo.

First of all, Ave Maria for the opening credits was genius. I really like the feel. As a Catholic, this particular song resonates with my more religious side. It provides a surreal experience and another layer of meaning for a game in which I play a cold blooded killer.

Second of all, considering it was the demo, I was impressed that they made the game gritty on one end but personal on the other. The two gangstas talk like hardened hoods, but you notice that one of them is going through an ugly divorce that causes him concern and his friend is trying to comfort him in his own way. Sure, they're despicable, but they're also human.

Then there is a man who cannot endure the loss of his son and a wife who despairs at her incosolable husband.

The villain who caused so much grief and suffering? He didn't decide to kill all those children. He made a mistake. He compounded a bad decisions by making another. In one last attempt to dig himself out of the grave he has fashioned for himself, he contracts with a gang to manufacture drugs. His wife has left whereas the gangsters will not. Now I come for him, and my name is vengeance.

Our hero(?) brings justice(?) in the form of a bullet.

I don't revel in the bloodshed and gore. I don't like playing the bad guy. However, I find some errant thought, some strange notion playing in the back of my head. It is not for the opportunity to murder vicariously that I continue to play. It is because there is something else. What it is, I cannot say.

Obsidian Plays

For me, Hitman games have always been about ambience(thank you Jesper Kyd) and the ingenious ways you could solve contacts.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, I'm still looking at the demo, but the gameplay looks fun so I'll probably pick up the title.  Normally, I don't use a demo to decide on a game, but you folks had me convinced as to the story and the premise already.  It was just a question of whether or not I could handle the mechanics.  Nevertheless, I was impressed by a couple of things, even from the demo.

First of all, Ave Maria for the opening credits was genius.  I really like the feel.  As a Catholic, this particular song resonates with my more religious side.  It provides a surreal experience and another layer of meaning for a game in which I play a cold blooded killer.

Second of all, considering it was the demo, I was impressed that they made the game gritty on one end but personal on the other.  The two gangstas talk like hardened hoods, but you notice that one of them is going through an ugly divorce that causes him concern and his friend is trying to comfort him in his own way.  Sure, they're despicable, but they're also human.

Then there is a man who cannot endure the loss of his son and a wife who despairs at her incosolable husband.

The villain who caused so much grief and suffering?  He didn't decide to kill all those children.  He made a mistake.  He compounded a bad decisions by making another.  In one last attempt to dig himself out of the grave he has fashioned for himself, he contracts with a gang to manufacture drugs.  His wife has left whereas the gangsters will not.  Now I come for him, and my name is vengeance.

I don't revel in the bloodshed and gore.  I don't like playing the bad guy.  However, I find some errant thought, some strange notion playing in the back of my head.  It is not for the opportunity to murder vicariously that I continue to play.  It is because there is something else.  What it is, I cannot say.

To be fair Mr. 47 really isn't a bad guy. Sure he kills people for a living, but this is what he was genetically engineered to do. Shoot, the beginning of the second game he'd all up and retired and was chilling at a church in Italy where he had befriended a the priest who was in charge and he was trying to atone for his past 'sins'. That all went to hell when the priest was kidnapped by his enemies, and he had to get back into the business just to save his friend and spiritual advisor's life.

Mr. 47 generally only takes out really bad dudes. Drug lords, pedophiles, dictators, war criminals. The people who everyone knows are bad, but they can't be dealt with legally.

And this should really amuse you Eldar, in #2 there's evidence of 47 converting to Catholicism. :D

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I used the baseball bat mounted on the wall.

I should have accessed the switch in my inventory

That is correct.

Edited by Nartwak

Personally I can stand the hitman games better than I can stand the Splinter cells. Mainly becuase splinter cell is hiding in the dark and not moving while Hitman is hiding in plain sight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I gotta ask a question about the gameplay. I'm having a little trouble with being able to access the menu and saving. Pushing escape never seems to get me to the menu. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any stipulation to going to the menu screen?

Oh yeah, speaking of stealth'em ups:

Assassin's Creed:

AssCreedS.jpg

Click on the picture for the big version.

The only game (for the Playstation 3) at this years E3 that impressed my pants off.

"Made by an all-star Montreal team comprised of members that contributed to various incarnations of Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six, the buzz surrounding the game is understandably high already."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64920

"Ubisoft's PlayStation 3 stealth-action title Assassin's Creed will offer downloadable content, co-operative missions and should be out in Europe at the beginning of 2007, according to the US Official PlayStation mag."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65631

To check it out yourself in trailer form (if you haven't done so already): http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=367&s=l

Or check out the official homepage: http://www.assassinscreed.com

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Assassin's Creed will be teh awesomeness.

Now, if I just could convince my pal to buy it for his box.

kirottu said: