Hitman: Blood Money

Hitman: Blood Money is the fourth game in the Hitman series from IO Interactive. It's a game about a bald clone assassin with a barcode on the back of his head. His name is 47 and he kills ppl real good.

http://www.hitmanbloodmoney.com/

blood5.jpg

blood6.jpg

You can run around with fibre wire and garrote folks, as usual. You can also steal outfits and use disguise to run around and do sneaky stuff like distract people and poison drinks and cakes and shoot silenced sniper rifles at FBI agents from a kid's treehouse.

There's a lot to say about the game, but really it comes down to my belief that it has really fun, non-linear gameplay and one of the best final levels of a game ever.

This video shows some of the cool stuff you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTig7LV1fI...h=blood%20money

IT'S COOL 4 SIRIUS.

Where have you been Josh? Some of us were talking about it being teh great fun a couple weeks ago.

Pokes aside, I really enjoyed the game as well. I'm serial!

I totally agree with the final level. It took me a bit to realize what I had to do to get things going, but once it got going...look out!

Mucho fun.

Edited by alanschu

I saw one at Fileplanet. You could probably check out Eidos' webpage for it as well.

The demo is weak though. It's the tutorial so there's no real options for you in that level, as they want to show you everything.

Edited by alanschu

That's fine. I've heard you guys talk about it so much, I'll probably pick it up as long as the gameplay doesn't make my stomach turn. I've even considered, oh the horror, picking up the Rainbow Six stuff. Normally, this stealth stuff is too unforgiving for me, but maybe it's time I ponied up. I'll look at Eidos. I'm just being lazy.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hitman is more stealthy than other games IMO. Also there's usually a lot of trial and error involved. Don't get me wrong, I like the game despite failing to have finished it yet, but if you're looking to break into stealthy type games go for something easier, like Splinter Cell.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Well, I'm downloading the demo for this one right now. It's funny, but I was considering Chaos Theory because I keep seeing you folks talk about that one also. I'll give this one a shot and, if the demo makes me think twice, I'll look for the Chaos Theory one and try it. I don't care about the story or anything. I'm mostly interested in gameplay for right now. A tutorial level would be perfect for me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh hells yes. I remember walking by somone in Blood Money think "OH SH!T HE'S GONNA SEE RIGHT THROUGH MY DISGUISE!!!" but you can stand next to enemies for an undefined amount of time without really arousing their suspcions. Other Hitman games it'd gradually rise as they 'caught on to inconsistencies' in your mannerisms and dress.

Splinter Cell is a lot easier to fix a 'botched' stealth mission though. Blood Money you take just a few gunshots and you're down, and the guns aren't near as powerful as the Splinter Cell ones truth be told.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I played the entire Japanese retreat level all out guns blazing and beat it. Not all that hard. Shoot through curtains and doors and other non-see through but shootable materials with thermal on, take out dudes before they really notice you, once they do and cover up you snipe.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Well, you can do the same in Hitman. I picked up my M4 in the Mountain Resort level and went to town there as well.

Actually, once that M4 gets the C-Mag, it's pretty goofy how easy levels can be :D

In Chaos Theory, I loved rolling into guys for knife kills. Sam looked super badass when doing that.